Barca draws Man City

DinhoR10

I just have to remind everyone that a injured messi who couldn't run beat PSG. We have quite possibly he greatest player ever at our disposal. They have what? A poor man's messi, a poor man's iniesta? Pedro's 60 min sub for spain? The guy Busquets replaced on our team?

I'm not saying it's gonna be easy its probably the hardest team we could've faced but even if we didn't have messi I'd think we would win (With a front line of Pedro-Neymar-Alexis of course).

And @Serghei We played well against PSG away, better than at home, they shouldn't have drawn with us but C'est la vie offsides arent always called properly.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I don't think we could win without Messi. Pedro is just generally bad, and Alexis, who is still inconsistent at times, and Neymar are both bad at finishing and against a team like Man City you can't afford to have someone missing easy sitters and chances like Neymar and Alexis both have done too many times this season.

JamDav1982

I don't think we could win without Messi. Pedro is just generally bad, and Alexis, who is still inconsistent at times, and Neymar are both bad at finishing and against a team like Man City you can't afford to have someone missing easy sitters and chances like Neymar and Alexis both have done too many times this season.

Neymar is a good finisher just look at his intl record and record in Brazil.

I think you are rating Man City too highly, especially if they have a couple of injuries you are talking about the like of Lescott, Demichelis, Richards being relied on.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
As long as no defensive errors are made I can't see City scoring more than two in both ties.

People often forget :
- We have Messi
- Neymar, who is carrying Brasil and Is stepping up leading Barcelona
- Alexis who is in the top 10 attackers this season statistic wise, let alone his field play
- We have one of the best defences this season in Europe
- Busquets
- We beat Real Madrid.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Neymar is a good finisher just look at his intl record and record in Brazil.

I think you are rating Man City too highly, especially if they have a couple of injuries you are talking about the like of Lescott, Demichelis, Richards being relied on.
He is, for Brazil. He has yet to be a good finisher for us.

JamDav1982

He is, for Brazil. He has yet to be a good finisher for us.

He is still settling in and is getting better all the time, the one game he has played at false nine he scored three and he has scored in the two biggest games of the season so far.

He is adapting but hasnt been a poor finisher.

dakeb_MCFC

Hi guys.

First of all City fans are thrilled to be competing at this level after years in the wilderness. We know Barcelona are a very strong side but we view this an opportunity to lay down a marker and measure exactly where are in our quest to become the best club team in the world ©

Maybe we are not quite at the level of Barcelona and Real and Bayern but each year we are growing stronger.

The big difference this season is the team has discovered how to enjoy football under Pellegrini. With Mancini it was too serious. Now City are playing with a lot of freedom and the goals are flowing. The tempo is very high but everyone plays with a big smile.

Yes of course we concede goals, it is to be expected with the way we play. We think we can score against anybody right now, as we proved in Munich, even after going 2-0 down. This is the hallmark of a top team. In the end Bayern were time wasting to hold onto a 2-3 defeat and that gives City immense confidence going forward.

Sure, Kompany, Yaya, and Aguero are the names you will look out for, but just as important are players like Zabaleta, Milner, and Fernandinho.

Of course we also have the Spanish trio of Silva, Navas, and Negredo who will not be overawed the occasion . This City team is probably the best I have ever seen and I have been a supporter for fifty years.

We will respect Barcelona because you have a great team and great players. Messi and Neymar are able to destroy teams.

This game is going to be so enjoyable. I think the winner will have to score at least four goals over the two legs, probably more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
against a team like Man City you can't afford to have someone missing easy sitters and chances

Giroud and Wilshere both had terrible games against City and Arsenal still scored 3 goals. City's defense hasn't been very good this season.

serghei

Giroud and Wilshere both had terrible games against City and Arsenal still scored 3 goals. City's defense hasn't been very good this season.

Hell, even CSKA and Plzen scored 2 on Etihad. They received 8 goals in 3 games at home. We conceded only 2 in the same number of games.

That's cool darth, but I don't really take that seriously from you since you are probably the most negative and pessimistic barca supporter ever :wave:

Edit: no offense, but you really are

How is that pessimistic? It's the truth.

And btw, I'm a lot less pessimistic about this tie than some others.

CityFanInPeace

Maybe somebody who watches City can give some insight as to how they are leaking goals. What tactics against them are successful? What kind of goals are being scored?

Also, I think it will be difficult for City to double-team all three Barcelona forwards. Neymar, Messi, and Sanchez can all beat a single marker quite easily. If City double-teams, they're going to open a hole for Barça somewhere else on the pitch.

In the beginning we were leaking goals because Joe Hart had too many blunders. We have started Pantilimon and he doesn't make howlers, but also doesn't save many.

We also get caught too far up the pitch. We only have one midfielder as a shield- Fernandinho, who is very good. Unfortunately Yaya doesn't have the stamina to make it back, leading to too many one-on-ones. Javi Garcia is terrible, has no pace and so isn't very good at DM. Rodwell is meh and is rarely ever fit. As for CB, Kompany and Nastasic are our starters and neither have been health, both have missed more than a month injured. It's been a merry-go-round at centre half with Demichelis taking a while to get used to the league due to 2 month injury and lack of pace. Lescott isn't even being offered a new contract because he's too slow and horrible with the ball, so he's out in June. Micah Richards is always injured so Zabaleta has to play, he's been one of our best players. Clichy just returned from injury.

Add to that a gung-ho system and that's how we concede so much. Shaky keeper, a plague of injuries and trouble defending in the new system.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Yeah, when they had a bad game, Walcott stepped up. Who is going to to step up for us and score if Neymar and Alexis both have a bad game and Messi isn't playing? The point is that Arsenal have several reliable goal-scorers, while we, more often than not, only have Messi, and now also Neymar (still needs to improve his finishing).

serghei

Yeah, when they had a bad game, Walcott stepped up. Who is going to to step up for us and score if Neymar and Alexis both have a bad game and Messi isn't playing? The point is that Arsenal have several reliable goal-scorers, while we, more often than not, only have Messi, and now also Neymar (still needs to improve his finishing).

Iniesta, Cesc, Xavi. Why not?

Home of Barca Fans