Barca draws Man City

JamDav1982

Yeah, when they had a bad game, Walcott stepped up. Who is going to to step up for us and score if Neymar and Alexis both have a bad game and Messi isn't playing? The point is that Arsenal have several reliable goal-scorers, while we, more often than not, only have Messi, and now also Neymar (still needs to improve his finishing).

Arsenal probably dont have one regular goal scorer!

There are far more goals in the Barcelona attackers and midfielders than there is at Arsenal.

serghei

The secret is to create chances. Remember the Shakhtar game on Camp Nou. Our scorers were: Iniesta, Alves, Pique, Keita and Xavi. No Messi, no Pedro, no Villa.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Iniesta, Cesc, Xavi. Why not?
Cesc is decent, I guess, but Xavi is not very good at scoring goals and Iniesta is just horrible, it's frustrating. We have a few, I can see that, but Arsenal have Özil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott and Cazorla, who are all good at scoring goals and can step it up if someone is having a bad day.

JamDav1982

Cesc is decent, I guess, but Xavi is not very good at scoring goals and Iniesta is just horrible, it's frustrating. We have a few, I can see that, but Arsenal have Özil, Ramsey, Wilshere, Giroud, Walcott and Cazorla, who are all good at scoring goals and can step it up if someone is having a bad day.

Messi, Sanchez, Neymar, Iniesta, Pedro and Cesc will always have more goals in them than that six from Arsenal.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Man City will most likely line up like this.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Nastasic Clichy
Toure Fernandinho Milner
Navas Aguero Silva

An injury to Kompany and they've no hope at all.

Ron Weasley

I am not meaning to sound provocative, but honestly your defence is not that great either. I can see us (City) scoring at least 3 at our place. If we can keep it to say 3-1 after the 1st leg, it will be a very interesting return leg in Barcelona.

Oh, and by the way, never mind "owning" us, Ronaldo didn't get a *sniff* of a chance in Manchester, let alone a goal. I don't think he ever had the ballf for more than 2 seconds before Kompany flattened him every time. I am not saying that is how it will pan out with Messi - he is a god, but I just wanted to set the record straight regards Ronaldo.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I am not meaning to sound provocative, but honestly your defence is not that great either. I can see us (City) scoring at least 3 at our place. If we can keep it to say 3-1 after the 1st leg, it will be a very interesting return leg in Barcelona.

Oh, and by the way, never mind "owning" us, Ronaldo didn't get a *sniff* of a chance in Manchester, let alone a goal. I don't think he ever had the ballf for more than 2 seconds before Kompany flattened him every time. I am not saying that is how it will pan out with Messi - he is a god, but I just wanted to set the record straight regards Ronaldo.

Problem for you is though, if our pressing and fast passing clicks than you're in trouble. I not underestimating you, on the contrary this was the hardest draw we could get - but if we play our cards right you won't have the ball enough to even test our defense.

Let me refresh your memory, we invented this:

[YOUTUBE]b3ryuRDiBpg[/YOUTUBE]

Ron Weasley

Problem for you is though, if our pressing and fast passing clicks than you're in trouble. I not underestimating you, on the contrary this was the hardest draw we could get - but if we play our cards right you won't have the ball enough to even test our defense.

Let me refresh your memory, we invented this:

[YOUTUBE]b3ryuRDiBpg[/YOUTUBE]

I don't disagree, you are favourites. But can I remind you how you got on against Bayern last season?

footyfan

Calma, calma
What's incredible is that in the last 4 seasons, Barca has played away from home in the second leg in only one tie!

Stuttgart 0-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 4-0 Stuttgart

Arsenal 2-2 Barcelona
Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal

Inter 3-1 Barcelona
Barcelona 1-0 Inter

Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona
Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal

Barcelona 5-1 Shakhtar
Shakhtar 0-1 Barcelona

Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona
Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid

Leverkusen 1-3 Barcelona
Barcelona 7-1 Leverkusen

Milan 0-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 3-1 Milan

Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea

Milan 2-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 4-0 Milan

PSG 2-2 Barcelona
Barcelona 1-1 PSG

Bayern 4-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 0-3 Bayern

Man City ?-? Barcelona
Barcelona ?-? Man City

Last edited:

JamDav1982

What's incredible is that in the last 4 seasons, Barca has played away from home in the second leg in only one tie!

Stuttgart 0-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 4-0 Stuttgart

Arsenal 2-2 Barcelona
Barcelona 4-1 Stuttgart

Inter 3-1 Barcelona
Barcelona 1-0 Inter

Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona
Barcelona 3-1 Arsenal

Barcelona 5-1 Shakhtar
Shakhtar 0-1 Barcelona

Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona
Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid

Leverkusen 1-3 Barcelona
Barcelona 7-1 Leverkusen

Milan 0-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 3-1 Milan

Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea

Milan 2-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 4-0 Milan

PSG 2-2 Barcelona
Barcelona 1-1 PSG

Bayern 4-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 0-3 Bayern

Man City ?-? Barcelona
Barcelona ?-? Man City

Always going to at home for the second leg of last 16 if winning group.

Still it is 5 ties out 6 that they have been drawn to play second leg at home after that. Which is lucky.

Home of Barca Fans