Barca draws Man City

L

linetty

The can play whatever lineup they want, but if we play our best and Messi is on fire, they'll have nothing to say.

J

Jayuk

Agüero will be out for a month. Doesn't really weaken them, they've been scoring for fun without him too.

Doesn't matter, he's still their best player.

It's like saying it doesn't matter if Barcelona are missing Messi or Iniesta.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Untill we concede a corner...

Honestly, is City even that good at set pieces? I don't really remember them scoring from corners that much, aside from the odd goal from Kompany. Toure isn't good in the air despite his height, Negredo and Dzeko are good but only one, or maybe none of them will start.

raskolnikov

Honestly, is City even that good at set pieces? I don't really remember them scoring from corners that much, aside from the odd goal from Kompany. Toure isn't good in the air despite his height, Negredo and Dzeko are good but only one, or maybe none of them will start.
They dont have to be, we are so bad at it that if we practice them at the training the dummies would score:shutup:

KhaledBarca

We did well this season when it comes to set pieces in the big games [Real Madrid, Atletico X3].
Conceding from set pieces against the small teams is also due to lack of concentration...

Its a good news that Aguero & Nasri won't play the 1st leg, although I wanted us to beat them with their best players on the pitch.

Which formation will Pellegrini choose? will he play with 4 or 5 midfielders?

Negredo Dzeko
Silva Yaya Fernandinho Navas
Kolarov Demichelis Kompany Zabaleta
Hart

R

Ryu Hayabusa

All I'm going to say if people are playing down a team who are averaging 4 goals per game and a team who went to Bayerns own back yard missing certain players (including Yaya, Agureo) and easily beating Bayern and could have gone on to win more if Pellegrini tried harder in maths at school, then people here are going to be in for a shock.

This is not the same City who lost against Bayern at home earlier in the season, they was dropping points against many teams back then, now they are a different animal.

EASILY BEATING BAYERN???? :D
I'm sorry, this is TOO much. I'm used to City fans bragging about said win at Munich, but again, this is too much BS to not reply to it.

What exactly happened in this match, let's have a closer look, shall we?
Bayern started the match like they played the first match against City this season, they completely overwhelmed, outclassed and humiliated them up to a point were it can only be described as downright ugly and you actually started pitting City.
Then, after going up 2-0 easily, Bayern gave in to complacency once more and simply stopped giving a fuck, believing this match to be over and to be in the sack.
Then, City started playing proper pressing (because they were allowed to by Bayern) and Silva scored, which should have served as a wake-up call, but Bayern were still to lethargic and City had the momentum.
Then, City were awarded an outright disgraceful and ridiculous penalty (though one could argue that Dante is the one to blame for taking any risk at all in that completely harmless situation). So now both teams were even, before Boateng had a slip of epic proportions, one that happens to a CB of such renown once in 50 matches max.

So ffs, dear City supporters, stop remembering that match in ways it simply did not happen, ok? Thank you.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

It winds me up people not giving credit where credit is due. We heard the same thing when Arsenal beat Bayern in their own back yard last season 3-1, apparently Bayern had their foot off the gas then.

Yes, mostly that since they were basically in the next CL stage already before the 2nd leg had even started AND they were also missing Schweinsteiger and Ribery, who were probably Bayerns most important players besides Lahm last season.

Jeez, I'm getting sick of EPL fans overrating their teams' "successes" (which both turned out to be no success at all in the end) against Bayern this season and last season.
Also, what happened with United when they faced Bayern ever since that frikkin CL final of '99? Always the favorite against Bayern, always the one to go anyhow.

Yes, EPL teams tend to give Bayern a proper challenge, even now, mostly because of their physical play, but in the end, they tend to crash out no matter what.

Oh, of course, I forgot to mention the CL final of 2010... a match that was clearly dominated by Chelsea who deservingly won due to penalties. :D :D :D
NOT.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Which formation will Pellegrini choose? will he play with 4 or 5 midfielders?

Negredo Dzeko
Silva Yaya Fernandinho Navas
Kolarov Demichelis Kompany Zabaleta
Hart

Pellegrini would be crazy to go with that line-up against Barca. They need a more crowded midfield who could expose their physical presence to Barca, since they are no experts in pressing or closing down the spaces. I think Pellegrini goes with the lone striker line-up with fast wingers to harm Barca from the wings, since Barca's WBs are tend to leave space behind them quite a lot, as both Alves and Alba are attack minded.

Although if Tata is smart enough he will instruct them both not to attack much, cause IMO the flanks would be the first priority for City to harm Barca with (beside the set-pieces ofc).

Home of Barca Fans