Barca draws Man City

PhilS

No Aguero is a serious blow for Man C for the Etihad game. But even without Aguero, their offense flows marvelously, especially at home.

The worst I could see happening is Man C scoring 4 in the Manchester game. Barca has a very fine defense this year, but I don't think any team can stop Man C from scoring.

At Manchester: 2-4.
At Barca: 4-1.

There is no attack like Barca's in the Premier League, they just don't see ball control and passing that good. City is not ready for this level of challenge.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Just out of curiosity: Who would you rather want to go through, us or City?

I'm still torn, truth be told ;)
Barca out is always good for the rest as they are always a major thread and contender for the CL crown. On the other hand, City are no longer the joke in Europe that they used to be and proved that given the circumstances are in their favor, can also pose a threat to the established big clubs, also their better physique is potentially more dangerous to Bayern than Barca's rather weakling players in that regard. But then Barca on their day can still beat anybody. I don't expect them to fall to their knees and bend over like last year, in case Bayern and Barca would clash again.
Really a tough call.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Barcelona fans being arrogant or confident because of what they were 2 years ago is is like United fans still be arrogant and confident about this seasons team because they won the league last season.

Wait, you're seriously comparing this season's United with Barcelona?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
City will miss Kun no doubt but their success isn't predicated on his inclusion, he's simply a superb goalscorer...of which City has several

Plus, they are more dangerous from set pieces than you think...They may not bang in headers but they score goals off dead ball situations but more often than not they at least get a shot on target...This relates to the larger point I was making regarding how dangerous City will be, they don't need to have a superlative defense if they are creating a boatload of scoring chances

I'm most impressed with how well they have capitalized on width to give themselves scoring chances...Combine that with some of the most technical forwards in any team in CL in both Negredo & Dzeko nevermind Kun, hard to find too many faults with their style of play

They do give up too much space between the midfield lines and Barcelona will have to use that to their advantage to keep them pinned back but it quite likely could become a scoring fest...Neither side has an imperious backline but both play similarly in their defense using their fullbacks to add to the attack while City having better size in the center of defense

Zabaleta vs Neymar/Alba will be very interesting as will Negredo/Dzeko vs Mascherano/Bartra/Pique but I imagine there will be other key performers from both sides...A lot of talent & skill on display

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Leaving space in between the midfield lines is crucial for us. The only way teams nowadays beat Barcelona or atleast attempt to is by playing two lines of 4 and leaving minimum space in between. Playing as compact as possible. Knowing City and their brutal attacking force they will come out and try to attack us. Leaving space behind them, and Barca should capitalize on that.

DinhoR10

I hate how people say we're not the same team of two years ago like we're 8th in la liga or something. The only positions that you can say have weakened are cm and rb, most other positions like the wingers and left back have arguably improved. I'm not saying we're better than 09-12 but this barca team is not a far cry from Pep's days at the club and our performances without messi proved that.

raskolnikov

People need to stop omparing current Barca to Pep's and therefore discrediting us and our chances, we can still beat City. Don't give up.

alex123

i think in order to beat city we have to score about 2-3 goals at least ... because with our defense and their attack ... i cant see them not scoring ... Visca Barca !

Djab

If we play against them like we did against Madrid's best team (Atletico), we can be hopeful to go ahead. Otherwise no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KhaledBarca

i think in order to beat city we have to score about 2-3 goals at least ... because with our defense and their attack ... i cant see them not scoring ... Visca Barca !

City fans: i think in order to beat barca we have to score about 2-3 goals at least ... because with our defense and their attack ... i cant see them not scoring ...

alex123

City fans: i think in order to beat barca we have to score about 2-3 goals at least ... because with our defense and their attack ... i cant see them not scoring ...

hahaha then its going to be about the team who will score more goals away !

Home of Barca Fans