Barca shirt sponsorship

Messi983

No. It's a part of current (expiring) deal with Qatar.

Maybe I'm wrong but I could see this game being played at this time as an indicator that we won't sign a new contract with Qatar.

Anyway, I don't know why some people are complaining about this friendly. We'll most likely play with backups (those who won't play much against Sevilla) and it's one more Barça game to enjoy before we won't see them in action for the next 2 months. Yes, I know about Euro and Copa but it's different watching our players play for their NTs than for Barça...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How much are we asking? 65m? If it is just a difference of 5m, I don't see why Qatar Airways is so stingy. Emirates Airlines is sponsoring SIX teams, Qatar Airline is only sponsoring ONE and they have second thoughts, geez.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
a game half way through the globe the day just after our cdr final .. well that's some smart management right there :bartomeu:

Galning

How much are we asking? 65m? If it is just a difference of 5m, I don't see why Qatar Airways is so stingy. Emirates Airlines is sponsoring SIX teams, Qatar Airline is only sponsoring ONE and they have second thoughts, geez.

a game half way through the globe the day just after our cdr final .. well that's some smart management right there :bartomeu:

This is the reason why. They're negotiating with Bartomeu who's known for his incredible deals. Why would they play easy when they know Barça have no alternative sponsor (yet?) and desperately need the money.

Andrew M

AS are reporting that we may sign a one year extension that would improve on the 35 million we receive currently (to maybe around the 60 mill region), with a view to getting the bigger contract next year.

And the logo on the shirt might be QSI

Home of Barca Fans