Barca shirt sponsorship

i_bleed_blaugrana

It's good deal but certainly not a masterstroke. Sponsoring best club in the World with best player in the World and Nike's posterboy is just about best Nike can get.

I'd say it is considering Chelsea got a similar deal for much less overall. Granted we are a bigger club and have more marketable players than they do so I do see your point, but you still gotta negotiate a deal like that, as I'm sure Nike tried to settle for less. All I'm saying is if it's Laporta in office, maybe the deal isn't as large and as much as I hate him, Bartomeu is certainly business savvy. It's the only edge he ever had over Laporta but as everyone knows, money talks in today's world.

serghei

It's a very good deal. But we can't afford to go without a sponsor. Hopefully, the Nike deal will have an impact in getting that sponsor.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I want to believe Barto is business savy but..

1. He talked about alternatives to Qatar (having offer from Asia) ahead of elections and now we are close to losing even Qatar.

2. Nou Camp renovation will cost 600 mil. whereas, for example, Bayern built a whole new stadium for half that price.

3. Wage bill grew to the point we were unable to give Lucho the signing he asked (Nolito).

4. Barca debt increased under Bartomeu.

serghei

Bayern's stadium is smaller than the New Camp Nou. 67.000 seats compared with 105.000 seats. That's difference is another stadium almost. Surely it affects the costs in a great way. And I thought the 600.000.000 were for the whole project, not just Nou Camp Nou. The cost will be 420 mil. for the stadium only.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

1. He talked about alternatives to Qatar (having offer from Asia) ahead of elections and now we are close to losing even Qatar.

2. Nou Camp renovation will cost 600 mil. whereas, for example, Bayern built a whole new stadium for half that price.

3. Wage bill grew to the point we were unable to give Lucho the signing he asked (Nolito).

1, 3 and 4 yeah, I feel you. I still don't like the guy and want him out, I'm just giving credit where it's due. But I just want us to distance ourselves from Qatar all together, so it's almost a good thing Barto couldn't deliver that.

For the renovations however, while pricey, that's not something you want to cut corners on just to get it cheaper. I don't hold that against him but especially since he isn't dealing with debt well and his affiliation with Rosell in particular, I'll always want him out. He isn't nearly as connected with the team itself as Laporta was. While I don't idolize Laporta, as he certainly was no saint, he really understood well how to connect and coexist with the players and coaching staff.

serghei

I don't think the wage bill is on him either. Having the 3 best players in the world (arguably) is costly. We'd all like to have something as special as Pep's 2009 and 2011 teams, without galactico signings, but that was so special because it's also so rare. If you chase that dream you'll end up losing your spot as one of the leading clubs in the modern football -- if not THE leading club.

That Pep Barcelona is an event that has happened, not something that was planned. If you try to make it a long-run tactic you will fail. At this moment, this is the right approach for me.

i_bleed_blaugrana

It's a very good deal. But we can't afford to go without a sponsor. Hopefully, the Nike deal will have an impact in getting that sponsor.

Re-developed Camp Nou cost - 600mil.
Debt - 350 mil.

This deal alone would cover for both.

Using this logic, even without a shirt sponsor this year, we could balance our books and still make signings this summer. Even if we lose out on a little extra revenue this year by rushing a deal through, I'd rather us take our time and make a good deal in the long term. This deal with Nike gives us a lot more financial breathing room to do so.

khaled_a_d

I am not gonna try to defend him on the business spect ,with that said I like what he is doing sportwise
He seem to put a lot of confidence in the guys he appointed and don't make their hands tied tbh. Zubi had full control in 2014 summer and despite obvious mistakes he basically brought the team back to success .he choose Lucho and Barto approved
Also put faith on Lucho when everyone wanted him out .
And even there was some mistakes as some would argue that eventual firing of Zubi was unwarranted as he was actually the engineer of last season success and firing Eusebio for Vinyals was a mistake that brought Barca B to the bottom too .but tbf the club was under huge pressure and some decisions had to be taken.
Overall I can't say he is gr8,but we could do much worse

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
March:

"There will be a sponsor next season," Arroyo said. "Qatar is one of the possibilities but we are also working with other people. We are working on it, me and the commercial team. Everything is following the path it should. The only thing I can say is that to do our job well, we have to be discrete and silent regarding the negotiations."

June:

Andrew M

They're in no hurry apparently. If it means a few extra million it's worth the wait. They came through with the biggest kit deal in history, so let's have some faith this time.

Pablo Escobar

I don't think the wage bill is on him either. Having the 3 best players in the world (arguably) is costly. We'd all like to have something as special as Pep's 2009 and 2011 teams, without galactico signings, but that was so special because it's also so rare. If you chase that dream you'll end up losing your spot as one of the leading clubs in the modern football -- if not THE leading club.

That Pep Barcelona is an event that has happened, not something that was planned. If you try to make it a long-run tactic you will fail. At this moment, this is the right approach for me.

Abidal, Alves, Toure, Henry, Mascherano, Villa just happened? :D

We needed players like them, of course, Eric, Thierry came from different environments while Alves came and made a difference, first season was our worst in the last decade. Joan moved and finally got Villa in his final days as president. I am still a bit frustrated they didn't in 2006 or 2007 ... when they thought Gudjonsen would do while a David in those days would've been just perfect for us in games we felt lost he could've come from nowhere and score when we needed it more in La Liga games where we dropped points or even CL ties :lol:.

Yeah, Pique, Busquets or Pedro were pretty much our luck but we would've gotten someone else as soon as Henry looked done if it wasn't for Pedro to start performing in 2009.

Home of Barca Fans