Barca shirt sponsorship

raki

I want to believe Barto is business savy but..

1. He talked about alternatives to Qatar (having offer from Asia) ahead of elections and now we are close to losing even Qatar.

2. Nou Camp renovation will cost 600 mil. whereas, for example, Bayern built a whole new stadium for half that price.

3. Wage bill grew to the point we were unable to give Lucho the signing he asked (Nolito).

4. Barca debt increased under Bartomeu.

Am i mistaken or the finantial report states that the debt has decreased?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Flaco posted some quote but here is more from Barca marketing and communication vice-president Manel Arroyo.

"We want to begin the season with a new sponsor," Arroyo said. "[Qatar Airways] are the best placed company, [but] we have another few projects well advanced. A dozen big global companies got in touch with us."

"€60 to €65 million a year -- the price of our stars and the team is a high one," he said. "The truth is, for me, that Barcelona is financially and sportingly above Real Madrid."

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A dozen other fictional companies. Or well, perhaps there's a couple of alternatives, but a dozen seem to be a number he pulled out of his ass.

JamDav1982

Is there not a date that Qatar can match the best deal?

The mistake was making that date so late in the day. It should have been long before now.

As it is the only way to keep options and play hard ball with Qatar is to do it this way.

Hopefully gets sorted soon.

ScoobySquats

Flaco posted some quote but here is more from Barca marketing and communication vice-president Manel Arroyo.

"We want to begin the season with a new sponsor," Arroyo said. "[Qatar Airways] are the best placed company, [but] we have another few projects well advanced. A dozen big global companies got in touch with us."

"€60 to €65 million a year -- the price of our stars and the team is a high one," he said. "The truth is, for me, that Barcelona is financially and sportingly above Real Madrid."

60-65 Million Euro a year for a main sponsor? Surely we can do better than that. Isn't Chevrolet giving Manchester United 81 Million USD a year for 7 years? We should look to squeeze whatever amount we can from any sponsor that wants to have their name on the face of the most dominant sports team in the last decade.

Galning

60-65 Million Euro a year for a main sponsor? Surely we can do better than that. Isn't Chevrolet giving Manchester United 81 Million USD a year for 7 years? We should look to squeeze whatever amount we can from any sponsor that wants to have their name on the face of the most dominant sports team in the last decade.

Mate they haven't been able to find one for the amount they're looking for and you're asking for 80M :lol: I agree with you though.

I also don't believe a single word they say about "other companies". What other companies? All we hear is that they're negotiating with Qatar. If there are other candidates surely they are willing to offer more than Qatar's offer. Why would they bother otherwise?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mate they haven't been able to find one for the amount they're looking for and you're asking for 80M :lol: I agree with you though.

I also don't believe a single word they say about "other companies". What other companies? All we hear is that they're negotiating with Qatar. If there are other candidates surely they are willing to offer more than Qatar's offer. Why would they bother otherwise?

Maybe they are hoping to include stadium sponsorship or something. Far fetched, I know.

ScoobySquats

I would love us to have a deal going with Apple some how, even if they just appear on the sleeve. Couldn't hurt to have Apple instead of Beko, who i'm pretty sure is a appliance store chain LOL
As things stand, Qatar is most likely going to pay 65 Million Euro unless we add their name to Camp Nou, something no fan of Barcelona wants to see. However, if they plan on offering 100 Million Euro a year, it would be tempting.
Nike Deal plus Qatar deal is 200 Million per season and that could buy you any player, fund any stadium redevelopments and give Neymar Sr. as many orgies as he wants :rosell:

Xavinho

I would love us to have a deal going with Apple some how, even if they just appear on the sleeve. Couldn't hurt to have Apple instead of Beko, who i'm pretty sure is a appliance store chain LOL
As things stand, Qatar is most likely going to pay 65 Million Euro unless we add their name to Camp Nou, something no fan of Barcelona wants to see. However, if they plan on offering 100 Million Euro a year, it would be tempting.
Nike Deal plus Qatar deal is 200 Million per season and that could buy you any player, fund any stadium redevelopments and give Neymar Sr. as many orgies as he wants :rosell:

I wish Tesla were doing well enough that they could sponsor some clubs. I think their logo would look good on a shirt. It's not going to happen until electric cars really take off though.

TheeBlog-DiegoGuevara-MiamiFC_Uniform_Away_FInal.jpg

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We should contact the great international financier and speculator Soros. He funds all kinds of leftist organizations accross the globe so Barca kinda qualifies.

Messi983

Chevrolet deal with United is 47M GBP/year, which is around €60M or $68M. So if we get €60-65M we'll have around the same or more than United. And their deal is including sponsoring training kits (and also training facilities if I'm not mistaken). If I remember correctly there were speculations we could negotiate extra deal independently to sponsor our training kits (yes, this probably wouldn't be more than 5-10M) or improve the total deal if Qatar or other sponsor wants to sponsorship both shirt and training kits.

Home of Barca Fans