Barça Squad for 2011/2012

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I think I've come to a conclusion as to what kind of players we need to sign :

IN : Willian/Mata, Botia, Jose Angel(because Coentrao is surely not going to happen) & Aduriz/J. Llorente

I prefer Willian to Mata because he is right footed. Costs less than Mata. But big advantage for Mata is he's well settled in the league, knows all our players, is good friends with many of them and there's going to be no adaptation problem. Both can effectively play the Messi role. Not replace him, no body can, but give him some rest here & there

With Jose Angel playing as back up for LB, Abi can play more in the center. Therefore reserving Puyi for important matches

Aduriz/J. Llorente to provide the plan B and not be a pain.in.the.ass when he is more often confined to the bench

Botia to provide depth in the defense of course

OUT : Milito, Maxwell, Jeffren(sold with a buy-back option), Fontas(sold with a buy-back option), Bartra(sold with a buy-back option) & Bojan(sold with a buy-back option).

I'd prefer Milito goes to Espanyol for Messi's sakes. If they are not accepting to purchase him, make them an offer they can't refuse,
Bojan-K.jpg

i.e., offer Bojan :D

Promoted : Thiago & Montoya

Last edited:
N

nejcf15

we need strikers for B team...

OUT: Milito (free), Jeffren (5m), Maxwell (4m), Ibra(24m), Cacares (3m), Henrique(1-2m), Keirrison (3-5m), Hleb (1m), VicSan(1-2m) = 42-46millions
Barca B: Soriano (3m), Nolito(2m), Vazquez(0,5m)... = 4-5,5 millions

IN: Botia (2-3m), Rossi/Sanchez (25-35m), Kiko (5m), Senna(free-2m), 2 CFs for Barca B(5m)=37-50m

We don't need 40-50m euro worth benchwarmer..

jamrock

In: Rossi/Sanchez/Nilmar/Mata, Botia,Angel
Out: milito,maxwell,jefferen,Bojan(loan)

the rest of the team will be filled out by players from the B team if need, pep doesn't like a big squad don't see that changing, just need to have all the players in the small squad highly competent and we will be good.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, pep can rely on Barca B in all areas except when it comes to forwards so that should basically be our only priority for next season.

Defense: Bartra, Montoya, Muniesa
Midfield: Romeu, JDS, Roberto

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
In: Rossi/Sanchez/Nilmar/Mata, Botia,Angel
Out: milito,maxwell,jefferen,Bojan(loan)

the rest of the team will be filled out by players from the B team if need, pep doesn't like a big squad don't see that changing, just need to have all the players in the small squad highly competent and we will be good.

we need Cesc, man.

even you must admit Thiago isn't ready, and we got soooooooooo lucky w/ injuries for Xaviesta this season. considering how much we overplayed them, that won't happen again.

okay, it doesn't have to be Cesc, but we need a top-class midfield option to rotate with Xaviesta.

jamrock

we need Cesc, man.

even you must admit Thiago isn't ready, and we got soooooooooo lucky w/ injuries for Xaviesta this season. considering how much we overplayed them, that won't happen again.

okay, it doesn't have to be Cesc, but we need a top-class midfield option to rotate with Xaviesta.

Indeed i would admit that he isn't ready yet, but he needs the playing time to develop, and another midfielder would take us to 7 men in midfield for 3 spots that's one too much, especially if we reinforce the defense, which would be less time for one of marsh/busquets playing there. if we are to buy a midfielder we should sell one of keita/thiago, for the balance of the midfield.

not to mention the B team midfielders that will be asking for a game are two in the coming season, the midfield is too congested for me.

Barcafan 2304

It will be exciting to see the likes of Thiago, Muniesa and Fontas come through next season. Really think they are future Barca stars

SwiftGuyver

i like Keita, he is a solid, reliable player and has served us well over the years BUT he is not a good enough backup option for Xaviesta, he is simply not creative enough. i would like us to sell him this summer and bring in Cesc. Cesc and Thiago will provide great rotation for Xaviesta and then we have Biscuits and Badger competing for the DM spot and providing cover in defence.

dalitis8

Banned
we need Cesc, man.

But if not Cesc, then who?

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Indeed i would admit that he isn't ready yet, but he needs the playing time to develop, and another midfielder would take us to 7 men in midfield for 3 spots that's one too much, especially if we reinforce the defense, which would be less time for one of marsh/busquets playing there. if we are to buy a midfielder we should sell one of keita/thiago, for the balance of the midfield.

not to mention the B team midfielders that will be asking for a game are two in the coming season, the midfield is too congested for me.

but that's just it, I don't think we will reinforce the defence and we WILL use the versatility of Badger & Busi to great effect. so, for me, 7 is the perfect number.

Xavi - Iniesta - Busquets
Cesc - Keita - Mascherano
Thiago

with Busquets & Badger also covering defence, and the possibility of injuries (we got lucky this season), and natural rotation, everyone will see plenty of gametime I reckon. Pep likes to rotate but only when the backups are good enough. he rotated lots in early 08/09 but stopped at the tail end of the season due to the epicness of the games and the fact that our backups weren't that great.

and even if Thiago is a supersub for a year, will that be so bad? it didn't hurt Iniesta's development did it?

But if not Cesc, then who?

Pastore, obviously.

jamrock

but that's just it, I don't think we will reinforce the defence and we WILL use the versatility of Badger & Busi to great effect. so, for me, 7 is the perfect number.

Xavi - Iniesta - Busquets
Cesc - Keita - Mascherano
Thiago

with Busquets & Badger also covering defence, and the possibility of injuries (we got lucky this season), and natural rotation, everyone will see plenty of gametime I reckon. Pep likes to rotate but only when the backups are good enough. he rotated lots in early 08/09 but stopped at the tail end of the season due to the epicness of the games and the fact that our backups weren't that great.

and even if Thiago is a supersub for a year, will that be so bad? it didn't hurt Iniesta's development did it?

Pastore, obviously.

If we don't sign a defender then what you are saying makes perfect sense, but that's if.

also have no issues thiago being a supersub for even more than a year, what i have a problem with is him not being the supersub, which is likely if we stack the midfield too much.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i like Keita, he is a solid, reliable player and has served us well over the years BUT he is not a good enough backup option for Xaviesta, he is simply not creative enough. i would like us to sell him this summer and bring in Cesc. Cesc and Thiago will provide great rotation for Xaviesta and then we have Biscuits and Badger competing for the DM spot and providing cover in defence.

kieta is fine not to mention busquets can move up and play CM in the xavi position....anybody who is saying we should get cesc is retarded not for wanting him back but for wanting him regardless of price...we dont have money to fly around for a luxary player especially when we need help up front and in the back

Home of Barca Fans