Barca squad/XI 2024/25

Biggest priority

• Total voters

serghei

I think the cover in defense is not very good and I also count gk here. Yes there are quite a few players in terms of bodies, but most are of questionable quality.

Midfield is ok and attack is ok. No compartment is great obviously, but defense gets praised here too much although last season it was the shittiest of the 3 compartments.

mc_lovin

I think the cover in defense is not very good and I also count gk here. Yes there are quite a few players in terms of bodies, but most are of questionable quality.

Midfield is ok and attack is ok. No compartment is great obviously, but defense gets praised here too much although last season it was the shittiest of the 3 compartments.
Because our DM was mostly non-existing and an absolute mess? Not to mention the defensive howlers guys like Frenkie dropped regularly.

If Araujo was fit that's easily our strongest part with midfield somewhere in behind and attack nowhere to be found.

serghei

Because our DM was mostly non-existing and an absolute mess? Not to mention the defensive howlers guys like Frenkie dropped regularly.

If Araujo was fit that's easily our strongest part with midfield somewhere in behind and attack nowhere to be found.

Araujo is coming after a mediocre season at best. Let's see his level this year after he comes back.

FinBarcelonafan

I think one of the main reasons we are struggling this summer to register players, is the fact that we are no longer in the Camp Nou.

Paying to rent this peace of crap stadium,plus it's never full has definitely affected our revenues, which has a knock on effect on who we can register.

When you look at our total payroll for the football teams it's 238m

Highest paid players
Lewa 30
De jong 30
Gundogan 19
Olmo 12-14
Fati 12-14
Kounde 12-14

Madrid: 280

Highest paid
Mbappe: 32
Alaba 22
Vini 21
Jude 21
Valverde 16.

Wtf can't be register players, la Liga is just being dickheads, is definitely a part of it
Don't forget Mbappes signing bonus, over hundred mil.

JamDav1982

Araujo was having far more defensive howlers of games than likes of FDJ last season but dont let the truth get in the way.

Masetro10

If Gundogan ends up leaving for monetary reasons. Double down and go to every single player that refuses to leave. "You will not play a single game and your career could be over unless you agree to leave"

Lenglet
Ferran
Ansu
Lewa after this season
Frenkie
Roque
Inigo
Ter Static after this season

I'm only half joking

SeloBarca

Araujo was horrible against big teams and costs us CL advancement.
Its not hard beeing the best defender when everyone else is even worse.
Kounde, Araujo, XX, Balde is a really weak defence and its even worse now without Cancelo.

Cassios81

Greetings to everyone!

As "El Clasico" approaches, I was reminded of a tradition that many fans follow: buying some newspapers the day before and the day after the match. Personally, I find it to be a fantastic way to capture the excitement and anticipation surrounding such a special event.

Keeping those issues is like holding a piece of football history in your hands, with articles, interviews, and analyses that tell not only the story of the match but also the atmosphere in the city.

Which newspapers buying on these occasions?
Mundo Deportivo or Goal?
Best regards

Loki

Greetings. The most famous barca newspapers are Mundo Deportivo and Sport. So I would recommend getting them first. Goal isn't really a barca afiliated newspaper.

mesiesta

Such a thin squad depth for this year. I will be surprised if Barca can fight in all competitions with this squad.
Compared to the last year squad, we have the following players gone (who played at least several games for us last season)

Gundogan
Roque
Alonso
Roberto
Guiu

We have Olmo, Pau Victor, Fati and Garcia in, which leaves us with almost 0 fullback and DM backup options. If Flick will manage to stay competitive till Janaury transfer window, then all the respect for him.

soul24rage

Get Paredes on a free in summer 2025 and groom Bernal/Prim slowly

I hope Flick does not go after Kimmich if he is after a pivot.

serghei

Such a thin squad depth for this year. I will be surprised if Barca can fight in all competitions with this squad.
Compared to the last year squad, we have the following players gone (who played at least several games for us last season)

Gundogan
Roque
Alonso
Roberto
Guiu

We have Olmo, Pau Victor, Fati and Garcia in, which leaves us with almost 0 fullback and DM backup options. If Flick will manage to stay competitive till Janaury transfer window, then all the respect for him.

DM back-up is Casado. Plus De Jong, possibly Gavi could play there too at a pinch.

Christensen played there also before and did it pretty well.

The positive is that the depth in CM/AM is great. You have Gavi, Pedri, Olmo, Fermin and possibly Raphinha too.

The weakest spots in depth are DM and Fullback. After Araujo and Christensen come back, if they don't get injured again, the depth in defense increases.

Ferran Torres is probably better back-up for Lewandowski than both Guiu and Vitor Roque.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans