Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobo32

It would be great with Griezmann out, and it would be great with Bernardo Silva in.
Coutinho, Lenglet, Pjanic, Umtiti should be sold of course.

The big position needing reinforcement is still RB, but I don't know a great candidate right now.

Raketa10

It would be great with Griezmann out, and it would be great with Bernardo Silva in.
Coutinho, Lenglet, Pjanic, Umtiti should be sold of course.

The big position needing reinforcement is still RB, but I don't know a great candidate right now.

Bernado would probably end up like Fabregas and Coutinho did. He is not a winger nor a midfielder.

khaled_a_d

No to Arsenal rejects.Don't see likes of Mbappe, Goretzka and Camavinga available but obviously if we could freely negotiate witih one or more of them from January would be stupid at least not to try even if our chances for landing them wouldn't be exactly high. It's more likely we could get someone like Boubacar Kamara, Khephren Thuram or Ihattaren though.

Use similar philosophy in 2022 and target players with a year or two left on their contracts. Stay in touch with players's agents and see what they would want and if they are willing to sign for us. We should also look for players who are Barca fans like Pedri and Demir and would come here even if they could earn more in other clubs.

And further, look for players at smaller, known selling clubs like Salzburg who OTOH are still setting pretty "normal" prices in this crazy market. Daka (30m) is their record transfer. If we can get Adeyemi for close to that fee we should be all over him if we can afford him next year. Mohamed Camara is also interesting to me and there are obvious other players worth following as well.

Only player I'd be willing to go into a bidding war for with other clubs is Haaland.

I agree with all the points you make, but I wonder if we have a normal budget next year somehow, what strategy should we do?
Do we go all in and add one star player like Haland if we can somehow manage to get him? I understand it sounds like a pipedream now but let's assume it is feasible.
Or we just go out and reinforce the team with 3-4 players who fill the voids in the starting XI?
Let's say it is Haland vs Kounde, a fullback, DM and Adeyemi. Which one should we go for?

Messi983

I agree with all the points you make, but I wonder if we have a normal budget next year somehow, what strategy should we do?
Do we go all in and add one star player like Haland if we can somehow manage to get him? I understand it sounds like a pipedream now but let's assume it is feasible.
Or we just go out and reinforce the team with 3-4 players who fill the voids in the starting XI?
Let's say it is Haland vs Kounde, a fullback, DM and Adeyemi. Which one should we go for?

IMO, it depends a lot on what (cheaper) alternatives we can find for those other positions if we'd go for Haaland and how this season will go down. We should have a lot better idea about this question in 8-10 months.

According to reports Haaland would cost at least 150m next year (75m transfer fee, 40m in commisions to Haaland and Raiola and 40m gross wages - don't think this will be enough though).

Now assuming:

- Kounde - 75m (60m fee + 15m wages)
- Adeyemi - 45m (30m fee + 15m wages)
- Gravenberch 45m (30m fee + 15m wages)

And it would already be more than Haaland's cost (he'd clearly cost us more down the road of his full 5 year contract and even more if renewed but if he'd bring what's expected that wouldn't be a problem).

Obviously we could/should negotiate lower wages for all three players mentioned above so I've gone for a bit maximum here. The same for transfer fees.

And I didn't include a FB because I'm willing to give Emerson and Dest a fair chance, Alba probably won't leave next year and Balde deserves a chance as well. But if there will be some changes at FB don't see us investing big in that position for now.

IF Araujo+Garcia can establish themselves as a good CB pair we won't need to invest big money in a CB. In midfield, if Nico will prove he can be Busi's longterm replacement or Koeman will find another solution like Pedri-FDJ-Gavi/Demir which will work great then I think going all in for Haaland would make a lot of sense.

If only one of those things would happen and we'd still need a starting quality CB or DM, can we then found someone cheap (for 20m or so) we could afford to get alongside Haaland? Then I'd still go for him. But if we'd still have a big need at both CB and DM then I'd probably choose improving those two positions and Adeyemi over Haaland.

Also, another important factor to consider in this speculation is how much does the club really rate Adeyemi and how they see Ansu's future after he'll hopefully fully recover. It's highly unlikely either of them will turn out a potential 50 goals (in all competitions) scorer like Haaland but if they stay fit and fulfill their potential they could both be 30+ scorers and in total cheaper than Haaland which would enable us to improve defense and midfield. Oh, and I didn't even mention another possibility - having Ansu, Haaland and Adeyemi together upfront. :blush: I don't even dare to dream about that. :lol:

Another big unknown at this point is who our coach will be next season and how certain players would fit into his tactics although I don't believe any coach would say no to Haaland or a combination of players mentioned above.

Either way, it's a tough decision but don't think we could go wrong with any of your proposed scenarios (the Haaland one would be considered more risky given our history with big money signings though). But if we could actually afford either one of them is a different question. It looks impossible right now but a lot can change in a year.

FC433

No to Arsenal rejects.

I would just try to shed off more salaries this month (negotiate contracts with Busi&Co, loan Pjanic, try to loan Cou and Umtiti) and stay with what we have for the season. Don't think anyone we can get now would clearly improve the team and wouldn't just sign for the sake of signing. Rather wait and see if our situation will improve enough and maybe in January we can sign someone on expiring contract. Either on a free contract for next season or pay a small fee to get him immediately. Don't see likes of Mbappe, Goretzka and Camavinga available but obviously if we could freely negotiate witih one or more of them from January would be stupid at least not to try even if our chances for landing them wouldn't be exactly high. It's more likely we could get someone like Boubacar Kamara, Khephren Thuram or Ihattaren though.

Use similar philosophy in 2022 and target players with a year or two left on their contracts. Stay in touch with players's agents and see what they would want and if they are willing to sign for us. We should also look for players who are Barca fans like Pedri and Demir and would come here even if they could earn more in other clubs. Our recruitment should be based on the players who want to play for Barca not motivated mostly by money. Promise them (especially if they're still younger and not totally proven) a fair chance to compete for first team minutes they probably won't get in other currently more stacked teams. While nobody will have a pulling power of Messi I think players like FDJ, Pedri and Ansu (if he fully recovers) are still a very good selling point for the club in recruitment of the players. And then having a chance to replace Pique, Alba or Busi in the lineup longterm as well.

And further, look for players at smaller, known selling clubs like Salzburg who OTOH are still setting pretty "normal" prices in this crazy market. Daka (30m) is their record transfer. If we can get Adeyemi for close to that fee we should be all over him if we can afford him next year. Mohamed Camara is also interesting to me and there are obvious other players worth following as well.

Only player I'd be willing to go into a bidding war for with other clubs is Haaland. And I could fully see him also being somewhere in the back of Laporta's minds when he made a decision to let Messi go. From a sporting POV would clearly be easier to get Haaland with Messi still around but from financial standpoint this just wouldn't be possible. I still don't see us having big chances to get him but with some other moves on the market (Lukaku to Chelsea, Kane possibly to City and Mbappe possibly to RM) at least on paper there should be less competition for him.

If we won't get him it won't be the end of the world though. There are some younger strikers still in smaller clubs who we could target. I've not seen much of him but from what I did the one I really like is Adam Hlozek. He could become special but tbh I think an EPL club will sooner or later offer more than what we could afford/would be willing to pay for still a pretty unproven player on a top level.
+1

I would like to add that we should target players with different profiles to what already have, and also we need to look for wingers, fullbacks, and CFs.

Porque

I will add that the Messi situation being resolved and Eric Garcia and Depay being registered in LaLiga gives us way more negotiating leverage.

Take for example the Griezmann-Saul negotiations where Atletico tried to stronghold us anticipating (like many of the forum including me) that Barcelona would have no choice but to agree to their terms as we had to do anything to get the Messi, Depay, Garcia registrations over the line.

We are still in a precarious situation in the medium term, but we have some breathing space in the short term to take advantage of opportunities of the market. Both in sales and arrivals.

Well played Laporta and his team.

Mateka

Get Bernardo wherever you play him. He has been overshadowed by KDB but when KDB is not available Bernardo has been great. Work out finances with City, payments over several years.
As for me, I’d keep him and not let him go.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Get Bernardo wherever you play him. He has been overshadowed by KDB but when KDB is not available Bernardo has been great. Work out finances with City, payments over several years.
As for me, I’d keep him and not let him go.

Keep him then. We don't want him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

I don't know what the right answer here is since we don't know what the prices of these players would end up being, but I'll just say that with Laporta I have a feeling he'll go all-in on Haaland and then trust or rather hope the likes of Balde and Nico takes the next step.

khaled_a_d

IMO, it depends a lot on what (cheaper) alternatives we can find for those other positions if we'd go for Haaland and how this season will go down. We should have a lot better idea about this question in 8-10 months.

According to reports Haaland would cost at least 150m next year (75m transfer fee, 40m in commisions to Haaland and Raiola and 40m gross wages - don't think this will be enough though).

Now assuming:

- Kounde - 75m (60m fee + 15m wages)
- Adeyemi - 45m (30m fee + 15m wages)
- Gravenberch 45m (30m fee + 15m wages)

And it would already be more than Haaland's cost (he'd clearly cost us more down the road of his full 5 year contract and even more if renewed but if he'd bring what's expected that wouldn't be a problem).

IF Araujo+Garcia can establish themselves as a good CB pair we won't need to invest big money in a CB. In midfield, if Nico will prove he can be Busi's longterm replacement or Koeman will find another solution like Pedri-FDJ-Gavi/Demir which will work great then I think going all in for Haaland would make a lot of sense.

Well, it is obvious if we our home grown step up and solve our issues we will go for the star players since most of our weaknesses are covered :lol:
The names I mentioned are also hypothetical btw, could be other names.
But I honestly keep wondering about this tbh, what is the best approach for rebuild? Should you bring the stars first and then build around them? Or should rebuild a team and then bring the jewel of the crown later?
Players like Halaand aren't easy to come by, and you I agree with Donak that Laporta will gamble on him if he has the chance.

the Haaland one would be considered more risky given our history with big money signings though.

This club was more built on big signings than anything else tbh. The failure triangle doesn't change that IMO. :lol:

Bobo32

The sensible Barcelonaforum-posters would very much want Bernardo Silva! He would be able to play in 6-7 positions in that formation Koeman used on sunday, and bring a lot!

I still dream about Thiago and even Pedro returning too. I don't know their status?

FC433

^
our top priority should be to make a room for Haaland. If BS is available for a reasonable cost, then sure but I do not think City will let him go for anything below 40m, unfortunately. But then what other choices do they have? 1) who is willing to offer what they are asking for? 2) would BS want to go to any team that is willing to offer what City want?

Bobo32

^
our top priority should be to make a room for Haaland. If BS is available for a reasonable cost, then sure but I do not think City will let him go for anything below 40m, unfortunately. But then what other choices do they have? 1) who is willing to offer what they are asking for? 2) would BS want to go to any team that is willing to offer what City want?

Haaland is the best scorer and will be for 10 years, but we should be aware that the german league suits him perfectly, and that having him as an attacker brings some glaring disadvantages as well. Bernardo is one of those players that don't bring many disadvantages but can still decide games, I think focusing on him right now makes a lot of sense, especially since he seems to be very eager to come.
I have no insight at all into what he might cost, but he lost his shirt as I understand, and City might want to trade one or two of Barcelonas players too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans