Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

Isn't he having quite a good season so far though? Not watching PSG but he seems to score or assist every time I check on their results, lol.

khaled_a_d

Isn't he having quite a good season so far though? Not watching PSG but he seems to score or assist every time I check on their results, lol.

He is having better season than Kessie at least, who is very overrated, doesn't fit here and asking for big salary.

Zidane82

Yeah ... I read he was their top scorer AND top defensive player ( stat wise) but it is early in the season lol

I have always rated him to be fair ... he would give us that much needed nastiness as well

gregorrin10

Anyone know anything about Denis Zakaria? Potential free transfer next season?

Pretty good player in my book. He's your typical defensive minded CDM, who can play CB as well. Reminds me of Mascherano a lot in that regard, not that I'm saying he's as good (at least not yet). But he did look absolutely world class already, a couple of seasons ago, when he burst onto the scene with BM, honestly felt at that time that some club, who's known for making smart transfers (Liverpool were actually interested in him back then) would snap him up for like 30M and that he'd turn out to be an absolute bargain in a couple of years. But then Pool got Fabinho instead, while Zakaria didn't get his move away and then the hype on him did die down a bit in the last year or so. Would explain why he's still at BM, and suddenly possibly even gonna be available on a free. Still a good player though, and only 24 as well, plenty of time to become a world class player (again).

And with our financial issues we're gonna need to be especially smart in our transfer business in the next couple of years, do some proper scouting and bring some players, who fly kind of 'under the radar' in these mid-table clubs, and then they suddenly get their move to a big club, usually for a cut price (and you think 'why didn't we go for him for that price' after it happens) and then become absolute world beaters and are worth twice as much within a year of joining. And Zakaria fits that bill perfectly. Would happily see us even pay 20 or 30M for him a couple of seasons ago, but back then we (unfortunately) weren't even close to thinking of replacing Busquets. So getting him now on a free would be absolutely brilliant piece of business for me, he'd be a brilliant pick up. If we can make it happen of course.

Especially since he'd be the natural Busquets replacement, and we all know we're in dire need of a player with that profile, since Busquets is declining quite heavily at the moment, and we honestly need some fresh blood quite urgently, if we want any chance of improving our defending. CB we at least started some kind of renovation, now it's time for CDM. Nico is not the answer, he's not ready (yet), and he might never be, cause I don't see him having that strong of a defensive game to be able to play there, at least not as the sole CDM, but that's another issue altogether.

Messi983

He is having better season than Kessie at least, who is very overrated, doesn't fit here and asking for big salary.

You might consider him overrated and yeah, his wage demands could be too big for us. Don't know why he wouldn't fit here though. I think he would do well and he's also the right age.

mc_lovin

Zakaria looks nightmarish on the ball. I would rather have us not go for him just because he's free.

My next point of concern is our quest for a physical midfielder, but not a Busquets replacement. Kessie, Ndombele, Brozovic and van de Beek (who were all mentioned by sport) are everything but DM's. Maybe Kessie is closest if he interprets the role like Yaya Toure. Still not a fan of that. Tchouameni makes by far the most sense, but is probably the hardest to get.

malvolio

FDJ can play as a DM if we get a box to box midfielder. Just do anything to remove Busi from the lineup.

We again shuffling our 70M so called world class midfielder just because. It is clear that FDJ's best position is not at DM. Or at least not for our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans