Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregorrin10

He plays as a centre back in a back three to be precise, and also as a left back or right wing back. Pretty good player, but he will be turning 33 next year and Chelsea are in a much better state than us, so he's just like a wet dream kind of signing.

Maybe he fancies a move back to Spain for the last few years, seen that a lot over the years with Spanish players in the PL, David Silva being the latest example. And we'd for sure have a better chance of getting him than the likes of Sociedad, Villarreal, Valencia, Bilbao...

The only real rival for his signing would probably be Osasuna, since he is from there and is their youth product, but I seriously doubt he'd choose them over us, if we came for him, especially at 33, when he still has something to give. Maybe after 2 years he'd make the move back home to them for the last season or two of his career. He also seems quite injury free in the past few years, which is only another plus. No matter what happens with Alves, I'd approach Azpi in January and offer him 1+1 pre-contract and see if he'll bite, if he doesn't extend his contract at Chelsea before that, of course. He would be a very smart free signing in my book.

Redbuck

You know that getting a right back after Alves's exit would not be our greatest priority unless Pique leaves and Mingueza is shifted back to centre back. I like Azpilicueta as a player and despite the fact he'll be a good addition, we should go for a younger player between the ages 24-28 to keep Dest on his toes and provide more long term competition for that right back spot. @ gregorrin10

Zidane82

Hopefully fake news !!

Frenkie de Jong is for sale. Barca think they can get good money for him.

@10JoseAlvarez via @elchiringuitotv

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

What is good money for Frenkie? Maguire of the world is going for 80mil. How much is good money for Frenkie? 150 mil euro? I wouldn't consider anything under hundred.

Even Sancho hundred mil or how much he was..

Frenkie should be at least 120mil.

Mateka

Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho, 29, will snub Newcastle United in January as he has no intention of leaving Barcelona. (Sport - in Spanish)

Mateka

New manager Xavi Hern?ndez wants a winger in the winter market that can suit his 4-3-3 formation. The England international is first on the list, but there are ‘difficulties involved’ to get him to Barcelona.

The Spanish giants have to offload some of their own players to lower their salary budget, before making an approach for the former Liverpool star.

With Sterling no longer a regular starter under Guardiola, Mundo Deportivo say City are willing to let him go out on loan in January, provided they sign a replacement first.

Sport Witness

Messi983

Two new winger options we're apparently following - Jeremy Doku (Rennes) and Artur Victor (RB Bragantino)

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...714457/barca-atento-dos-jovenes-extremos.html

Doku would be seriously considered if Dembele leaves. I quite liked what I saw from him but Rennes paid 25m for him a year ago so wouldn't be cheap. Also had his own fair share of injuries so would really be a good replacement for Dembouz. :lol:

Never heard about this Artur guy until a few days ago (hope he's better than the first one with a similar name we've signed, lol) but he's a more "economical" option imo. Can't really be that bad if Red Bull scouts rate him too. Also not a youngster anymore as he'll turn 24 soon so it's questionable how much upside he really has. As we're in dire need of wingers he could maybe be a cheap squad player (would prefer to give a chance to Ilias though) but our "interest" in him could also be just media connecting the dots as he has said in an interview a few days ago he's a big Barca fan and wants to play at Camp Nou one day.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/artur/profil/spieler/440658

https://www.leftbackfootball.com/home/2021/6/9/artur-red-bull-bragantinos-gritty-winger

(some nice goals tbh)

Zidane82

#ManCity plan to add Frenkie De Jong to Pep Guardiola?s 'core plans', and have made a ?formal proposal? to Barcelona of ?90M.

[@fichajesnet via @Sport_Witness]

Kul_z

#ManCity plan to add Frenkie De Jong to Pep Guardiola?s 'core plans', and have made a ?formal proposal? to Barcelona of ?90M.

[@fichajesnet via @Sport_Witness]

Anything below 120m is a joke. 90m plus sterling, 70m + gabriel jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans