Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

behindbrowneyes

I'd rather take someone like Cavani past his prime than Luuk "in his best years" De Jong or some other unproven guy. Cavani has lots of experience in top-level football and has been a proven goalscorer all of his career. Many criticised the club for signing Aguero "because of Messi", but I'm sure he'd help us a lot if it wasn't for his heart issues.

Cavani is a fit player and despite his age sticks to his fitness regime. That's the type of player you can get even at his age, unlike Higuain. Look at that striker generation: Be it Ibra, CR, Lewandowski, Suarez, Messi or Dzeko. All of these guys are past their prime, but still score a significant amount of goals for their clubs. They have experience, they always knew where the goal is at and will score above average until they decide to retire. And if Barca needs something desperately after getting rid of Suarez, Messi and Griezmann within a year it's a proven goalscorer. Ansu as only reliable one(with a small sample size and having injury-issues) is not enough.

tJkAfFH.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Have my doubts about us signing Ferran Torres. Not much news about it from reliable reporters in England while this lot in Catalunya keep saying it's almost a "done deal".

Alemany said we need to sell players to be able to sign players in January. Who are we gonna sell? Coutinho is hell bent on staying unless a good team takes him, but no good team want to pay for him.

Porque

We have been linked with Chelsea LB Ian Maatsen in the British sh*trags over the past few days. He is currently on loan at Coventry in the Championship.

Mateka

As per Mundo Deportivo, the Catalans and Torres are 'convinced to connect paths' in January. For now, though, it's 'only a matter of time, but above all money'. Manchester Evening News

Givenchy

Might as well get some experienced players on loan in January and finish top 4, then assess our options next summer

frostdude1

Time to update the Who needs to be sold list:

Ter Stegen
Alba
Lenglet
Umtiti
Coutinho
Dembele
Memphis
Luuk de Jong

SO MUCH DEAD WEIGHT

I also would look into selling young talent like
Dest and Frenkie
Frenkie is not the same player who came from Ajax. And our midfield is now littered with young talent.

Mateka

Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani is Barcelona's top target for the January transfer window but Barca want assurances that the 34-year-old Uruguay forward is fully recovered from injury before committing to a deal. (Sport - in Spanish)

Winger Juan Mata remains a transfer target for Barcelona, with the 33-year-old Spaniard struggling for playing time at Manchester United. (Star)

Messigician

Breaking

Dortmund do not want to sell Haaland to Barca will REJECT Barca's offer and push him to Real Madrid

🚨🎙| BVB?s CEO Watzke on Haaland?s future (BILD live): ?I know that all European top clubs want him especially Real Madrid. The big interest of Real is confirmed. I think someday La Liga would fit him better than the PL.

🚨🎙| Hans-Joachim Watzke (BVB CEO): "I know for a FACT that Real Madrid are very interested in Erling Haaland. It's a certainty." @BILD

🎙| Hans-Joachim Watzke: "I would like to be proud one day that Erling Haaland may hopefully win the Champions League with Real Madrid." @SPORT1

Porque

Breaking

Dortmund do not want to sell Haaland to Barca will REJECT Barca's offer and push him to Real Madrid

����| BVB?s CEO Watzke on Haaland?s future (BILD live): ?I know that all European top clubs want him especially Real Madrid. The big interest of Real is confirmed. I think someday La Liga would fit him better than the PL.

����| Hans-Joachim Watzke (BVB CEO): "I know for a FACT that Real Madrid are very interested in Erling Haaland. It's a certainty." @BILD

��| Hans-Joachim Watzke: "I would like to be proud one day that Erling Haaland may hopefully win the Champions League with Real Madrid." @SPORT1

eddie-hearn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans