Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mateka

The reality is that Barca are still in the free transfer market, despite what the President says in the media. Statements from the club are nothing more than showboating in an effort to keep fans on board. Even with free transfers there may be little money to pay new salaries.

So Cavani, Ferran Torres, Haaland etc appear to be wishful thinking. Perhaps there is a chance with Cavani.

Messi983

We were offered Yuri Alberto, a 20 year old Brazilian striker from Internacional. According to MD clubs like Milan and Arsenal are interested in him and his value is around 15m.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...0/1001727945/yuri-alberto-ofrecido-barca.html

https://www.transfermarkt.com/yuri-alberto/profil/spieler/489893

I have no idea if he's any good and don't think he's on our short list right now as we're clearly looking for more proven players but just another name to keep an eye on for future.

Messi983

Great article:

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/opinion/pobre-dignidad-12992899

First we bring 38y old Alves back, than we think about signing Cavani and Alexis??? Those two are not even footballers anymore. And in the end fucking Bartra?!?! WTF is wrong with this club?????? Who is next? Iniesta? Rakitic? Or maybe Villa? If this board doesn't change the way they think and operate we are going to be mediocre for years to come.

@MisterCruyff14
Right now "Sport" is toxic. Sport inventing infos because they are very lost and is beyond fiction. Modus operandi of "Sport" to earn Clickbaits. Make up a story that creates controversy and put out three pieces of information per day until the information is discarded. "Sport" confirming that Bounedjah was an express request from Xavi Hern?ndez, who two days later sharply denied it at a press conference.They write about Sanchez and Luuc, but Sevilla and Inter refute this.

Media are linking us to like 10 new players every day so we should take everything with grain of salt.

Mostly players who are:

1. on expiring contracts - which given our financial situation are most likely to sign but ofc doesn't mean we'll sign everyone the club will target. And even less so those who fans would like to see. That said, many negotiations are going on without public finding out about them. It's for one or the other side to leak to media when they can benefit from that. And with players on expiring contracts it's usually agents who want to generate interest in their clients. Barca would clearly prefer other clubs not knowing if we'd be negotiating with Rudiger. Just an example of a player not linked to Barca much but who the club could consider interesting (surely with too high wage demands though).

2. unsettled in their current clubs - we could potentially get them but we'll have competition as other clubs can afford to pay more money upfront than we can even if they only have a year left on contracts

3. former Barca players - just because we've signed Alves doesn't mean we'll also bring back more of them. Alexis is possible but still a longshot imo and I consider rumours about Bartra return as BS.

Players we are unlikely to sign in current situation are those on either longterm contracts and/or established as key players in their teams (unless they have affordable clauses but not many players do these days; we've missed out on some good La Liga players with relatively low clauses in the past though). But that's ok with me as (when we could afford) we usually overpaid for those type of players and didn't get much in return from them.

How many of media reports are at least somewhat likely to be true is impossible to say but there is clearly a lot of BS out there and we shouldn't jump on every rumour whether good (which we want to believe) or bad ones. I think we have genuine interest in Ferran and will probably end up signing him if not in January then we'll try again in summer. I also believe Haaland is Laporta's wet dreams but (almost) impossible to get. Other than that just too many names thrown out daily to know what's true and what's not. But I do believe Barca is considering multiple attacking options (considering doesn't mean actually signing them though), both short term to help us get through this season and those to improve the team longterm.

As of now we can say Fati is the only forward to 100% be here next season and he also has injury concerns so it's fair to say we could have 4-5 new attackers with 2-3 coming from the outside who will hopefully all give us the required quality upgrade we desperately need and the last spot or two on the bench will be filled with cheap squad players from Barca B like Abde, Jutgla or Ilias (and maybe another player will emerge between now and next summer) depending on how they'll do for the rest of this season.

Porque

We have been offered 20 year old Internacional forward Yuri Alberto according to MD.

12G/3A in Brazilian Serie A this season and 3G in 7 Libertadores games.

Zidane82

Cavani makes so much sense .. prob a free transfer or a short term loan ..he is perfectly suited for our current situation plus he will play like a man possessed to earn his World Cup place ..

::::
Edinson Cavani is the closest player to sign for Barcelona in January.

@_AdrianSnchz

Barcilliant

Breaking

Dortmund do not want to sell Haaland to Barca will REJECT Barca's offer and push him to Real Madrid

🚨🎙| BVB?s CEO Watzke on Haaland?s future (BILD live): ?I know that all European top clubs want him especially Real Madrid. The big interest of Real is confirmed. I think someday La Liga would fit him better than the PL.

🚨🎙| Hans-Joachim Watzke (BVB CEO): "I know for a FACT that Real Madrid are very interested in Erling Haaland. It's a certainty." @BILD

🎙| Hans-Joachim Watzke: "I would like to be proud one day that Erling Haaland may hopefully win the Champions League with Real Madrid." @SPORT1

😂 What a fucking pussy club Dortmund are. Take it up the arse from Bayern and bow and scrape in front of Madrid. Pathetic. We can't get Haaland. I hope he goes to City not Madrid.

Mateka

Barcelona are struggling to offload France defender Samuel Umtiti, 27, and Brazil playmaker Philippe Coutinho, 29, because both players don't want to give up their lucrative contracts at the Nou Camp. (TodoFichajes - in Spanish)

Barcelona are willing to listen to offers for 21-year-old United States defender Sergino Dest, with Bayern Munich monitoring his situation. (ESPN)

Porque

Good talent, would instantly become our 2nd best CB and best RB.

[tw]1473969123331911680[/tw]

https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1473969123331911680

[tw]1473969340584189957[/tw]

https://twitter.com/BarcaTimes/status/1473969340584189957

Happy to see we are seriously interested in top talents from LaLiga2. Especially after the Pedri success. Few questions as you watch more second division, and I don't have the time to watch whole Zaragoza games and Palmas to watch a player these days.

1) Is Alejandro Frances higher rated than Jesus Vallejo was?

2) What do you make of Alberto Moleiro who is another we have been following closely.

3) Are there any other young talents we should be looking at- discounting those in Sociedad B.

---- And also ----

4) Would you take a punt on Antonio Blanco considering his contract is up in the Summer?

5) Have you seen anything of Sergio Gomez at LB for Anderlecht. I wonder if we should be following his progress as it might be an interesting option for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans