Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

5) Have you seen anything of Sergio Gomez at LB for Anderlecht. I wonder if we should be following his progress as it might be an interesting option for us.

Wait, what?
Wasn't he a highly regarded CM who transferred to BVB with buyout clause?
He is now a LB? Damn. That means he is a must sogn.
PS: his numbers are ridiculous

Messi983

Happy to see we are seriously interested in top talents from LaLiga2. Especially after the Pedri success. Few questions as you watch more second division, and I don't have the time to watch whole Zaragoza games and Palmas to watch a player these days.

1) Is Alejandro Frances higher rated than Jesus Vallejo was?

2) What do you make of Alberto Moleiro who is another we have been following closely.

3) Are there any other young talents we should be looking at- discounting those in Sociedad B.

---- And also ----

4) Would you take a punt on Antonio Blanco considering his contract is up in the Summer?

5) Have you seen anything of Sergio Gomez at LB for Anderlecht. I wonder if we should be following his progress as it might be an interesting option for us.

Tbh I've not watched Segunda much this season.

1. Not sure how to compare him with Vallejo but looks to be highly rated amongst big clubs. Juve and RM have both shown interest alongside likes of Villarreal and Sevilla. He's apparently one of Monchi's primary targets for January and he's more usually right than wrong. No idea if he's ready to step right in if Kounde is sold in January but Sevilla doesn't have much CB depth behind Kounde and D.Carlos so could get some good playing time if he ends up there.

Even in our current situation I think we can do a lot worse than spend 6-8m on Frances. At least he should be an improvement (maybe not immediate but with a higher longterm potential) over someone like Mingueza who we can probably sell for similar money. He's also versatile and apparently can play both FB positions alongside CB.

2. Looks interesting but not sure if we really have a spot for him in this team already full of young midfielders. Las Palmas is also working to renew his contract and raise release clause to 30m (currently 10m).

3. Samu Costa https://www.transfermarkt.com/samu-costa/profil/spieler/657430 looked quite good to me last season but with Almeria very likely to be promoted and having a rich owner probably won't need to sell for cheap.

"he's got a bit of a bastard about him" - not a choir boy so we're probably not interested anyway :)

4. Haven't watched him much but sure, why not steal a talent away from Madrid? Don't see it happening though.

5. I've read Gomez made a great transformation to LB but not watched him yet. Surely could be worth a consideration for affordable price but I really think we need someone who's ready to step in immediately as I'm tired to see Alba as unquestionable starter. And might be just me but I also believe Balde (who has shown a loyalty to stay and wait for his opportunities) deserves a chance before we bring back another former player in front of him. Unless that player would be a proven (close to) world class player which Gomez is clearly not yet (and probably never will be) and I also don't rate Grimaldo as high as some other La Masia guys. With overall lack of quality LBs on the market over the years if he'd be really that good he shouldn't still be playing at Benfica. Yeah, he's consistently linked to bigger clubs but for some reason he's still there and is also not exactly a youngster anymore at 26.

Last edited:

Porque

Wait, what?
Wasn't he a highly regarded CM who transferred to BVB with buyout clause?
He is now a LB? Damn. That means he is a must sogn.
PS: his numbers are ridiculous

Thats the one. To be honest I wasnt very impressed by his time in Huesca but his LB numbers a worth tabbing. Even if it is in a weaker league.

LaMasia fundamentals so you know his technique, passing and positioning will be tidy.

Porque

Tbh I've not watched Segunda much this season.

1. Not sure how to compare him with Vallejo but looks to be highly rated amongst big clubs. Juve and RM have both shown interest alongside likes of Villarreal and Sevilla. He's apparently one of Monchi's primary targets for January and he's more usually right than wrong. No idea if he's ready to step right in if Kounde is sold in January but Sevilla doesn't have much CB depth behind Kounde and D.Carlos so could get some good playing time if he ends up there.

Even in our current situation I think we can do a lot worse than spend 6-8m on Frances. At least he should be an improvement (maybe not immediate but with a higher longterm potential) over someone like Mingueza who we can probably sell for similar money. He's also versatile and apparently can play both FB positions alongside CB.

2. Looks interesting but not sure if we really have a spot for him in this team already full of young midfielders. Las Palmas is also working to renew his contract and raise release clause to 30m (currently 10m).

3. Samu Costa https://www.transfermarkt.com/samu-costa/profil/spieler/657430 looked quite good to me last season but with Almeria very likely to be promoted and having a rich owner probably won't need to sell for cheap.

"he's got a bit of a bastard about him" - not a choir boy so we're probably not interested anyway :)

4. Haven't watched him much but sure, why not steal a talent away from Madrid? Don't see it happening though.

5. I've read Gomez made a great transformation to LB but not watched him yet. Surely could be worth a consideration for affordable price but I really think we need someone who's ready to step in immediately as I'm tired to see Alba as unquestionable starter. And might be just me but I also believe Balde (who has shown a loyalty to stay and wait for his opportunities) deserves a chance before we bring back another former player in front of him. Unless that player would be a proven (close to) world class player which Gomez is clearly not yet (and probably never will be) and I also don't rate Grimaldo as high as some other La Masia guys. With overall lack of quality LBs on the market over the years if he'd be really that good he shouldn't still be playing at Benfica. Yeah, he's consistently linked to bigger clubs but for some reason he's still there and is also not exactly a youngster anymore at 26.

Thanks for the extensive write up.

Yeah, we could do alot worse than spend sub 10m on the Frances opportunity. Right now we are establishing ourselves as a club going through a crisis, but also a great place to develop young talents and give them opportunities through this. Pedri, Ilaix, Araujo, Mingueza, Nico, Gavi, Abde. You would have to be a fool ( :ilaix: ) to overlook that as a young player.

Andresito

Staff member
Sergio Gomez a revelation at LB so far.

Question is how good he is in defence. Might be a case of him not getting very exposed in Belgium. But numbers are truly amazing so far.

Mateka

Lenglet doesn't want Barcelona departure
23 Dec 2021 23:45
Barcelona centre-back Clement Lenglet doesn't want to leave the club this winter, according to Marca, and his refusal to sign off on a transfer could complicate other moves for the Blaugrana.
A major part of the organisation's plan to reduce debt while still improving the squad is to offload players deemed to be making more in wages than they are worth to the team. Lenglet, a second-choice defender this year, fits that billing but appears comfortable running out his current contract at Camp Nou.
Goal.

Messi983

Must be a LB. Can't count on Roberto, and having Dest as backup to both the grannies Alba and Alves is impossible.

LB market is scarce as it is though, will be hard to find anyone better than Balde who's willing to sit on the bench.

It was said we want a versatile defender (which would make sense but just don't see any available candidate for January) and Azpilicueta's name was mentioned. He could be an option for next season but there is no way Chelsea would sell in January. So really don't know who we could sign unless we would go for someone like Alejandro Frances who would be more of a longterm signing than someone who can help us immediately. Which I wouldn't mind personally (clearly better than bring some bench player just for the number) but don't think that's what the club will do.

Anyway, Sport reports today we're negotiating with three RBs for next season. Azpi and Mazraoui are already known as our potential targets and a new name on the list is Sidibe (Monaco).

gregorrin10

It was said we want a versatile defender (which would make sense but just don't see any available candidate for January) and Azpilicueta's name was mentioned. He could be an option for next season but there is no way Chelsea would sell in January. So really don't know who we could sign unless we would go for someone like Alejandro Frances who would be more of a longterm signing than someone who can help us immediately. Which I wouldn't mind personally (clearly better than bring some bench player just for the number) but don't think that's what the club will do.

Anyway, Sport reports today we're negotiating with three RBs for next season. Azpi and Mazraoui are already known as our potential targets and a new name on the list is Sidibe (Monaco).

Gaya. In addition to being good enough to bench Alba immediately he will have only 1 year remaining on his contract in the summer, that coupled with Valencia almost always in financial trouble and known for selling quite cheap, he shouldn't cost more than 30M, maybe even just 20M. We could even bring that down by swapping/loaning them one or two of our younger players, we do this quite frequently with Valencia.

Yes, he's their captain and he seems to be pretty loyal to them, but he'll need to think long and hard about moving on to bigger and better things, if he wants to win anything in his career, he's 26 years old now after all, going into his prime, so pretty much one big move and contract for him left. Considering he didn't even leave Valencia yet, I think if he would move, he wouldn't want to leave Spain, so Barca is pretty much the only option, since Real have Mendy, and Atletico have Renan Lodi. Yes we have Alba, but he's pretty much out of his prime and could/should be replaced or at least overtaken as the starter in 6 months tops by someone good as Gaya.

Messi983

Sport linking us to Christensen

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-debe-decidir-ficha-christensen-13027990

The Danish center-back was about to change the scene and was attracted by the option of playing for Bar?a from next June. He had even absolutely paralyzed the negotiations with Chelsea to discuss their renewal. The London club has made several unsuccessful offers. Now, Christensen wants Bar?a to define itself. Otherwise, in January he will listen to Chelsea or accept one of the offers on the table.

Christensen is a highly valued center-back. Two Premier League clubs, Bayern and Juventus, are also very attentive to his contractual situation. The sports area of ​​Bar?a likes it for its ability to get the ball controlled from behind and for its defensive hierarchy. It is a great market option if it reaches zero cost. Despite everything, the possibility that De Ligt could leave Juve has made the Blaugrana club think about it.

Don't see us getting him but I'd prefer to go after him instead of (most likely) unsuccessfully chase MDL or end up overpaying for him.

Mazraoui (24), Christensen (25) and Gaya (26) would all be good and cheap additions to defense. Also in the right age range which we currently don't have many players in as they're either oldies or youngsters.

Sell Dest (if Xavi doesn't believe in him) and Lenglet, we should get around 40-50m for them. Try to offload Umtiti even if have to pay part of his wages in his last season under contract. Send Pique to MLS/retirement and Balde on loan for a season then push Alba out in 2023 (would prefer to do that next summer already but unlikely) and bring Balde back to compete with Gaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans