Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Sadio Man? (29) has told his agent that he would be open to joining a La Liga club. His contract at Liverpool expires in June 2023.

Would you sign him this summer for, say, 30-40m? He turns 30 in April.

Unfortunately, no.

His best years are behind him and we don't want another "high profile", high wage signing who is going to be past his best, especially in a position on the field that is highly dependent on age/youth.

fergus90

I would for 30 million, he'd have at least 4 good seasons in him playing in La Liga provided he stays clear of injury. Plus you don't get many players of his quality for that price.

Would be kind of hilarious though as Xavi pointed out both Mane and Aubameyang as struggling with adapting to the Barca style a couple of years ago, then he'd end up having both players in his squad :lol:

KingLeo10

I would for 30 million, he'd have at least 4 good seasons in him playing in La Liga provided he stays clear of injury. Plus you don't get many players of his quality for that price.

Would be kind of hilarious though as Xavi pointed out both Mane and Aubameyang as struggling with adapting to the Barca style a couple of years ago, then he'd end up having both players in his squad :lol:

I agree with you regarding Mane's quality but for a winger/wide forward, we can't really count 4 good seasons left in the tank at age of 30, especially after playing 5-6 years in an ultra demanding system (Klopp) and league.

I think he would have at max 1-2 more good seasons left in him after this summer (my definition of good being 15-20 goals and 5-10 assists). Players like Lewandowski are an exception and have favorable circumstances surrounding them (Bayernliga). Even Messi's last great season was at 32.

fergus90

I agree with you regarding Mane's quality but for a winger/wide forward, we can't really count 4 good seasons left in the tank at age of 30, especially after playing 5-6 years in an ultra demanding system (Klopp) and league.

I think he would have at max 1-2 more good seasons left in him after this summer (my definition of good being 15-20 goals and 5-10 assists). Players like Lewandowski are an exception and have favorable circumstances surrounding them (Bayernliga). Even Messi's last great season was at 32.

Yeah, I might have overcooked it for 4 seasons but for a reasonable fee, I'd definitely take him as I reckon he'd excel in La Liga. That being said, I can't see him realistically leaving Liverpool anyway at least not for a big fee.

mc_lovin

I really look forward to the next window. Just looking at our squad and like 10 players need to leave :p Should be an action packed transfer summer.

Big no to Mane as well.

JamDav1982

Yeah Mane at 30 for what would be relatively big money makes no real sense.

Should be trying to build a young team that can peak together if spending that kind of money it would take.

Get the experience in squad through cheaper deals and players who will still have quality and willing to make move on lower salaries.

Windhook

Current generation of players can extend their careers to 35 with personal training.

Mane is someone I want to see at Barca for a long time now. With him the quality up front could become a big thing, even if we don't sign Haaland.

khaled_a_d

If he wants to go to Liga then his best choice is likely Atletico especially if Carasco leaves.
RM has Vini and Barca is doing rebuild

Zidane82

We have Aubameyang now so no need for Mane when we need a CF and a CB

He has not been at his best this season . That is why Liverpool went in early for Diaz who I expect to displace Mane in the next month or so .

. 10 goals plus one assist ( in 26games) is not brilliant for a non stop attacking team like Liverpool who create loads of chances every game

Salah has scored 23 goals with more assists in the same 26 games

Last edited:

Messigician

Plz Laporta

Marc Cucurella (Brighton): "When I left Bar?a I was left with a thorn; they didn't give me the opportunity and they never explained why. If the opportunity to come back was given, it would be special, I would remove that thorn."

FinBarcelonafan

I agree. Cucurella was missed opportunity. He was never given chance. Looked good profile too, in a way what we were missing. Quick/strong etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans