Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

If they sign Galan and Balde continues then Alba's Barca career is finished after the World Cup.

I would expect Balde going the other way.
Would probably be the best gor everyone involved, renew Balde and loan him to be starter, Celta get the money and short term replacement, we get Galan to bench Alba, Alba gets benched while collecting his paycheck for 2 years.
Everyone wins.
Obviously, Celta should agree for that to happen :alemany:

Messi983

Barcelona's 'Plan A' for the fullbacks:

- Signing Marcos Alonso (would cost ?7m and would have a salary of ?3m net)

- Signing Juan Foyth (would cost around ?30m and would have a salary of ?3m net)

Barcelona's 'Plan B' for the fullbacks:

- Signing Javi Gal?n (would cost around ?8m and would have a salary of ?2m net)

- Signing Hector Beller?n (would be signed as a free agent and would have a salary of ?5m net)

?
@gerardromero

Not sure why he thinks we could get Galan for 8m. Or why would Bellerin deserve 5m net, lol. Ofc even with those wages he'd still be a lot chaper than Foyth if we include amortisation costs.

TheStig

According to Sport Barca asked Bellerin to wait on our offer until the end of transfer window.

Probably doesn't feel good for a player if you know you're like 5th option and they'll only sign you if they won't find a better alternative but tbh at this point wouldn't mind getting him on loan with Arsenal covering part of his wages (they are desperate to get rid off him and don't think there is really that much interest in him so they might actually accept that. Alternatively they can rescind his contract like they did with Auba and we sign him on a 1-year deal with low wages). Would probably prefer to come home rather than returning to Betis who also can't really afford him at this moment. They've still not registered their new signings and renewed players like Joaquin.

Far from being a fan of Bellerin but better than spend 40m on Foyth, 15m on Meunier or use Roberto/Araujo as RB in all games. From what I've seen he was ok at Betis last season and it would give us another year to consider longterm RB options instead of panic buying and overpaying for someone now.

What even happened to Bellerin at Arsenal? I remember he was good and a regular for years, then he had an injury and then what? Why do they want to get rid of him so badly? I know he's a clown of the field, were there disciplinary problems? Did he lost a lot of pace after the injury?

Messi983

No idea, I've not watched Arsenal in like 10 years.

They're just one of those irrelevant teams I don't give a s*** about and I've also started to hate them a bit after all the flops they've sold to us. :lol: I'm fully aware it was our own fault to sign them but it's easier to blame them. :D

Zidane82

No idea, I've not watched Arsenal in like 10 years.

They're just one of those irrelevant teams I don't give a s*** about and I've also started to hate them a bit after all the flops they've sold to us. :lol: I'm fully aware it was our own fault to sign them but it's easier to blame them. :D

You are so blinkered ..

They have played the best football around in the first three games ( and all thf pre-season ones ..

Arsenal have played good football for the last 20 years or so .. I thought you would like their style as you claim to be a Barca fan ..

Porque

You are so blinkered ..

They have played the best football around in the first three games ( and all thf pre-season ones ..

Arsenal have played good football for the last 20 years or so .. I thought you would like their style as you claim to be a Barca fan ..

How do you rate Arteta as a manager?

Could be a future option for us if he doesn't fizzle out this season like a wet fart.

Temptation

You are so blinkered ..

Wengerball is one of the most entertaining Football styles I have seen. Absolutely swashbuckling champagne Football. Treat to watch.

TheStig

Could be a future option for us if he doesn't fizzle out this season like a wet fart.

I liked them in the Wenger years but stopped following them with Emery. I started following them closely again this season, they have a really exciting, young and talanted team with a coach with a lot of potential who could become a Barca coach if he continues like this.

Messi983

You are so blinkered ..

I'm a Barca fan. Not sure about you though.

I don't care how Arsenal play, I just don't watch teams I have no interest in. I've always seen them as a team who are just happy to be average. 4th place trophy and stuff. Not to mention a few of their fans I know are annoying as hell. Not as much as Liverpoodlians though.

But in general I don't give much importance to EPL. Of the supposed big 6 the only team I kind of like right now is Tottenham because for some reason I've always liked Conte and mostly because of Emerson. Quite like Everton for taking our rejects but don't watch their games either now with Fat Frank (never liked that guy) there. Don't dislike Newcastle either with how their new owners have approached building the team. Would be a different story if they would spend 400-500m. Last season I've watched Leeds sometimes before they've sacked Bielsa then wanted them to be relegated but the last time I was genuinely interested in EPL were the last 10 rounds or so in the Leicester championship season.

Only leagues I follow close are La Liga and Segunda (much less though, only watch a few selected teams mostly those who have interesting youngsters). Occasionally follow Dortmund and Leverkusen in BL, Monaco, Lille, Marseille and Lyon in Ligue 1 and rarely watch Serie A these days (always had a soft spot for Roma but they're pretty much irrelevant team now sadly). I've watched quite a bit of Portuguese league last season as well, mostly Benfica and Sporting. Also follow my MLS team but not other teams in the league.

Last edited:

Zidane82

I like his style a lot .. he has learnt off some good people over the years plus he was always an intelligent player.

He is not everyones cup of tea as he is a bit dour

Andresito

Staff member
Arteta doesn't strike me as a winner, kind of like Pochettino.

He's a very smart man but I can't see his players going to war for him like that effect many other coaches have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans