Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Ferran Torres is so far the only true miss by the sporting department tbh.
Kounde looked really good with us, Raphinha is a hit and miss but he seems like a goid long term option considering Dembele is unlikely to last long. Would have preferred different type though.

OTOH only Kounde and Aubameyang are the true success, Lewandowski too at least on the pitch but that was known and his success will be judged on trophies
Overall there is a progress over past board, but what we need is not just progress but excellence.

Xavi will most likely be the one who decides the success of current board, and so far it is underwhelming.

It is not about 'misses' as Raphinha and Kounde are good but 180m on Raphinha who is a RW when Dembele is there, Torres to play on touchline and Kounde who is a solid RB but a CB really isnt as great as some make out.

While Lewa would always score goals but he is 34 and how long will his huge costs on books prove value.. and will have to spend again on a CF soon enough.. and where does the money come from that?

Now have fuck all money to replace Busi for example.. dont have a 'proper' RB and have no real starting LW if Xavi continues to play way has.

Dont complain about lack of money to spend when didnt adress certain areas of team last summer and argument was always that the levers make Barca competitive.

I think they spent the 200m fairly well in terms of value and definitely improved squad but it will probably require sales before can correct the imbalances and plug certain gaps which are there at RB, DM, LW possibly and CF soon enough.

Last edited:

Porque

He is 18 years old who plays in 2nd division in Brazil.
Chelsea will have to loan him for few years and see how he develops, one of their (along City) typical signings.
Don't see comparison with Enzo who was 21 when he moved to Europe and was ready to contribute at highest level from day 1

Valid points. Just someone I rate and really wanted to see us sign him.

Not sure if Chelsea is the right move though Potter has a strong resume and developing talents.

JamDav1982

Once the decks are cleared a bit Barca will need to go down the route of trying to build with a mix of 'cheap' talent punts from South America etc, La Masia and experienced free transfers would think.

What cant do is try to chase huge signings eveyr summer the moment possibly can in order to keep up with Real.

Take time and do it properly and try to build and progress in way club can cope with.

Ajax and the Portugese clubs have shown what talents can be brought in IF these players believe they will be given a chance and it is part of how the club operates.

I think if they are honest about that fans would accept it.

jamrock

Haha so now the excuse was '200m is not enough' when whole argument for spending it in first place is would make Barca competitive in league and CL now...

The fact you keep deflecting back to past says it all.

No one is arguing club made great transfers in past all the time or that the financial problems were fault of current board.

FDJ for 85m good transfer though... for others you can stop making up figures... 'Coutinho 175m'.

Pedri and Araujo great transfers and then having Gavi, Balde etc and more coming through all helps but regardless the point is arguing Barca need the levers to make team competiive in league and CL to now 'it isnt enough' is a nonsense.

1) we are competitive in the league, check the league table, champions league we were never gonna be back were need to be in one season.

No excuse, 200m was never enough to rebuild an entire squad after years of mismanagement, especially in this transfer Market and so far it's been a hella of a good start, bar Torres, a player you kept telling us isn't as bad as "folk" makes out. But now to make some silly point. You lump him into spending 120m on wingers crap.

But yea keep talking your blah blah crap about 200m and wingers bral blah to make a silly point, no one is falling for that.

120 million in the summer on the players they did is damn good business, no one outside people obsessed with making a point on a internet forum, can try to move words around to make that look any different.

I wonder wonders the biggest L bartomeau gave to the club impossible contracts or wasting money on useless transfers, random thought.

jamrock

Never seen this vasco kid play or the dude from Argentina but wish we had made a move for both, sport said we had a bid of 5m rejected for the Vasco Kid, was never gonna be enough, in today's over inflated Market.

Going forward we need a find a few Inexpensive Gems, mixed with experienced free vets, hope masia continues to produce, and add 1/2 start names to the mix.

That combination with the right coach, can keep us winning league titles over the next 5 years, make a decent run in the CL.

JamDav1982

1) we are competitive in the league, check the league table, champions league we were never gonna be back were need to be in one season.

No excuse, 200m was never enough to rebuild an entire squad after years of mismanagement, especially in this transfer Market and so far it's been a hella of a good start, bar Torres, a player you kept telling us isn't as bad as "folk" makes out. But now to make some silly point. You lump him into spending 120m on wingers crap.

But yea keep talking your blah blah crap about 200m and wingers bral blah to make a silly point, no one is falling for that.

120 million in the summer on the players they did is damn good business, no one outside people obsessed with making a point on a internet forum, can try to move words around to make that look any different.

I wonder wonders the biggest L bartomeau gave to the club impossible contracts or wasting money on useless transfers, random thought.

League AND CL and always said ths Barca team can win the league..even thought they could with no transfers... The CL is not even about winning it.. it is to be good enough to get out of groups and progress until meet one of big guns for now and from there see what can do v them.

So yes... the board very much sold the idea of being more competitive in CL immediately than going out to Inter.. Suppose we cant 'expect' to win Europa either yet eh.

You are the one accusing board of lying and saying it wasnt possible with 200m+.. not me.

When does the rest of squad get rebuilt? When is money for that going to be around?

The 200m was knowingly going to be a one off and not able to spend like that again the next summer unless La Liga changed the rules.

The point is obvious gaps left in squad that cant now fill easily when have players worth 120m on the bench as dont fit way Xavi plays fully or have others ahead of them. While now in position it would even ne difficult to sell those players and invest in other areas due to the la liga rules.

Good points well made.

Again... shows you have to deflect to past which is not relevant as what is being discussed is the tranfers in situation board found themselves in last year... No one is blaming them for being in that position.

Keep at that one though suits you.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Never seen this vasco kid play or the dude from Argentina but wish we had made a move for both, sport said we had a bid of 5m rejected for the Vasco Kid, was never gonna be enough, in today's over inflated Market.

Going forward we need a find a few Inexpensive Gems, mixed with experienced free vets, hope masia continues to produce, and add 1/2 start names to the mix.

That combination with the right coach, can keep us winning league titles over the next 5 years, make a decent run in the CL.

Haha copying my posts and changing words.

Good look.

Be quicker just liking the post chief.

jamrock

Haha copying my posts and changing words.

Good look.

Be quicker just liking the post chief.

Lol nah bruh, nothing I would copy from you in life, was driving to work, so I couldn't post when I thought of it.

But it's nothing revolutionary, pretty sure that's what 99% of Barcelona fans or even casual fans would say too, it's pretty obvious that's the only way forward, nothing to feel "special" about, we know how important that is for you re internet forums.

JamDav1982

Lol nah bruh, nothing I would copy from you in life, was driving to work, so I couldn't post when I thought of it.

But it's nothing revolutionary, pretty sure that's what 99% of Barcelona fans or even casual fans would say too, it's pretty obvious that's the only way forward, nothing to feel "special" about, we know how important that is for you re internet forums.

Aye aye... 'couldnt post when thought of it'.

Sensational.

Just a coincidence posted it after Jammy eh.

Feel very 'special'.

jamrock

League AND CL and always said ths Barca team can win the league..even thought they could with no transfers... The CL is not even about winning it.. it is to be good enough to get out of groups and progress until meet one of big guns for now and from there see what can do v them.

So yes... the board very much sold the idea of being more competitive in CL immediately than going out to Inter.. Suppose we cant 'expect' to win Europa either yet eh.

You are the one accusing board of lying and saying it wasnt possible with 200m+.. not me.

When does the rest of squad get rebuilt? When is money for that going to be around?

The 200m was knowingly going to be a one off and not able to spend like that again the next summer unless La Liga changed the rules.

The point is obvious gaps left in squad that cant now fill easily when have players worth 120m on the bench as dont fit way Xavi plays fully or have others ahead of them. While now in position it would even ne difficult to sell those players and invest in other areas due to the la liga rules.

Good points well made.

Again... shows you have to deflect to past which is not relevant as what is being discussed is the tranfers in situation board found themselves in last year... No one is blaming them for being in that position.

Keep at that one though suits you.

Gabs are in every squad, even man city's, da fuq are you talking about, we weren't gonna rebuild the entire team with 200m and one summer.

Excellent start thought after the disaster we inherited from Bartomeau & his "board", past is always relevant has it informs our current situation.

This summer, we'll get a RB & Dmed, I'm sure. Slowly but surely the rebuild is happening, 200m in a world where wolves spend 50m on someone most don't know, is nothing, they spent it well, Bar Torres, who you constantly tell is a great transfers...

Anyways off time now..

ajnotkeith

You have to consider if a player fits your team needs and project/tactics not just if they're good value for money.

Raphinha and Kounde may well have been good value for money but so far don't seem to be adding much value on the pitch in Xavi's system, when we could've done with true fullbacks or a DM that would have vastly improved the team.

Whilst we gave Kessie a big fat contract till 2026 for him to come and not even play at all.

Our signings were all good, young players but if Xavi won't use any of them properly it is wasted time and money in this rebuild progressing forward as we need to look again to find long term players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans