Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

You have to consider if a player fits your team needs and project/tactics not just if they're good value for money.

Raphinha and Kounde may well have been good value for money but so far don't seem to be adding much value on the pitch in Xavi's system, when we could've done with true fullbacks or a DM that would have vastly improved the team.

Whilst we gave Kessie a big fat contract till 2026 for him to come and not even play at all.

Our signings were all good, young players but if Xavi won't use any of them properly it is wasted time and money in this rebuild progressing forward as we need to look again to find long term players.

The issue of good monetary value vs what they deliver on the pitch, is one I understand and agree with, thats the way I break down the Frankie de jong transfer and why for me is it's a waste, from a value prospective he's good value, we could sell him today for about what we bought him for, But from a pitch prospective, he's been largely underwhelming, not what we bought him for in the slightest.

So two things can be true at the same time, something not many seem to understand.

Cant say much about Kounde, we have No RB & 3 solid CB, so I understand Xavi using him there, he plays RB for France for pretty much the same reason, once we buy a RB this summer, I'd be very unhappy to see him being wasted there, unless we go with a actually back 3.

Raphinha we have to give time to see how he adapts, he's had is moments.

Kessie was a free signing, who's wages aren't that crazy, so I'll hold judgement on him tbh, give him at least a season, but I understand your point re him not delivering so far.

khaled_a_d

It is not about 'misses' as Raphinha and Kounde are good but 180m on Raphinha who is a RW when Dembele is there, Torres to play on touchline and Kounde who is a solid RB but a CB really isnt as great as some make out.

While Lewa would always score goals but he is 34 and how long will his huge costs on books prove value.. and will have to spend again on a CF soon enough.. and where does the money come from that?

Now have fuck all money to replace Busi for example.. dont have a 'proper' RB and have no real starting LW if Xavi continues to play way has.

Dont complain about lack of money to spend when didnt adress certain areas of team last summer and argument was always that the levers make Barca competitive.

I think they spent the 200m fairly well in terms of value and definitely improved squad but it will probably require sales before can correct the imbalances and plug certain gaps which are there at RB, DM, LW possibly and CF soon enough.

Those are all fair points, and I agree with it.

Allocation of resource is obviously an issue, and would have been worse have we swapped Frenkie with Bernardo despite the later being the superior player, although I suspect huge part of it is the "power" Xavi is given, basically trusting Busquets having more years in him, and trusting Roberto as RB, wanting a CB playing as RWB instead of true RB.

I expect them to use the loopholes in Liga rules and find a way to pay 50M for a DM or RB next summer. Sell someone and use the whole amortized value to get a new player. This what they plan for at least.

That said, my bigger issue is with scouting.
Barca has got Y.Demir (0.5M), E.Demir (2M) and Torre (5M) for a total of 7.5M that could have been 17M had Y.Demir played an extra game. Torre might prove me wrong but I don't see any 1st team future of the 3, We got Abde for 1M and I think he will have better resale value, and Jutgla landed us some money.
During Bartomou last years, we got Marlon (good resale) Pedri, Araujo, Todibo (another good resale) and all were good deals.
I just don't see it with current group despite all the talking about sorting the scouting department, having Deco as SA scout etc. and we desperately need those 1 or 2 cheap hits, even if we another few ones were miss.
For me those are the bigger issues IMO, and we will continue to live on those free signings if we don't get some bargains.

Those bargains simply allows for bigger margin of error for the squad, which is necessary in our case.

Barcilliant

200m euros is absolutely nothing in today's world, freaking wolves just spent 50 on a Atletico bench warmer, Madrid 75 all in on a 16 year old.

Selling the clubs soul for a little cash, after bartomeau the destroyer of worlds, tells you how broke the club is.

Cardioman 120
Dembele 140
Coutinho 175
De jong 85.

520,000,000 to win 1 copa del champion league.

When we weren't broke, that's how we spent our money.

200 million is nothing? Lol.

How much did Benfica, Sporting and Eintracht spend? Didn't all of them progress past group stage of CL?
Some people still think we can splash the cash and Barca have some magic pull.
Newsflash. We are broke and no-one gives a fuck about our "DNA".

jamrock

200 million is nothing? Lol.

How much did Benfica, Sporting and Eintracht spend? Didn't all of them progress past group stage of CL?
Some people still think we can splash the cash and Barca have some magic pull.
Newsflash. We are broke and no-one gives a fuck about our "DNA".

I know we are broke, I said that.

We are not Benfica or sporting, though like I've said multiple times we need to try & find kind one or two of the kinda players they do.

Idk what you are talking about re Barca DNA, this isn't sport.es

Which Big club has ever rebuilt their squad with 200m & 2 windows, answers? none

Freaking arsenal spent like what 70m euros on pepe, these things happen.

200m in this transfer market is really nothing for a club the size of Barcelona, we spent that money and the only total waste both sporting & transfer value wise is Torres, (whom we were told by many who are now crying foul was a good transfer), the rest are all good transfers, we still have holes in the squad that we need to fill, but that's obvious and they will be filled in time.

Whether it will be with the right players is the question.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

I know we are broke, I said that.

We are not Benfica or sporting, though like I've said multiple times we need to try & find those kind one or two of the kinda players they do.

Idk what you mean are talking about re Barca DNA, this isn't sport.es

Which Big club has ever rebuilt their squad with 200m & 2 windows, answers? none

Freaking arsenal spent like what 70m euros on pepe, these things happen.

200m in this transfer market is really nothing for a club the size of Barcelona, we spent that money and the only total waste both sporting & transfer value wise is Torres, (whom we were told by many who are now crying foul was a good transfer), the rest are all good transfers, we still have holes in the squad that we need to fill, but that's obvious and they will be filled in time.

Whether it will be with the right players is the question.

Ok, let's put it this way. We spent 200 million and we didn't even get out of the group stages. None was expecting us to win cl but this is the second season running we've exited the group stage. We couldn't even beat a shitty Inter at home. Most people expect us to lose against Utd. Yes rebuilding takes time but after 200 million spent you expect to see some progress. So far Torres flop, Raphinia flop and Kessie flop. To be fair to Kessie he hasn't really had a run of games and Xavi is in love with his Spanish midfield so it makes it harder for him.
Get a real manager and I'm sure we'll see better results and performances.

Barcilliant

Holes in the squad? RB and DM. You could say lb since Alba is pretty much done too.
Essentially we spent 200 million we didn't have. Mortgaged a slice of the club so we could be competitive NOW, not three years later.

jamrock

Holes in the squad? RB and DM. You could say lb since Alba is pretty much done too.
Essentially we spent 200 million we didn't have. Mortgaged a slice of the club so we could be competitive NOW, not three years later.

lB is good enough, with balde & alba

Biggest hole we have right now is RB & DM

The CL was a big disappointment, but shit things happen, lewa missed easy chances at Bayern & we got a few bad calls against Internet & pique fucked up.

We will miss that additional revenues from the CL, no doubt, but it's a couple months after the deals where made to give us some much needed funds, let's give the team a season at least, not too much to ask really.

The type of ruination the club was left in, can't be addressed in 1 transfer window.

jamrock

Just read skysports, Liverpool looking to spend 300m euros next summer after spending 100m on 1 player this summer, to rebuild continue their rebuild.

People acting like laporta fucked up for spending 120m and getting 7 players, net spend was something like 30m.

Absolutely ridiculous stuff, we're doing fine, only major fuck up has been Torres & the people whining the most are the same ones who were telling us how great of a signing he was.

Next summer, we get a DM & RB, we just have to hope we get the right players & if Xavi isn't the man for the job, we let him go, that simple.

blaug

How can you call Raphinha a flop? He has saved us a few times in La Liga matches. Granted that it is not against world class opposition, but in the league, every match is worth the same 3 points.

There is no way you can call Raphinha a flop already

Messigician

How can you call Raphinha a flop? He has saved us a few times in La Liga matches. Granted that it is not against world class opposition, but in the league, every match is worth the same 3 points.

There is no way you can call Raphinha a flop already

I can

Judoman

Next summer, we get a DM & RB, we just have to hope we get the right players & if Xavi isn't the man for the job, we let him go, that simple.
That Croatian RB should be executed in winter if possible. Unless his price jumped to high. RB is the weakest position right now, DM can wait until summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans