Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Sign a 34 year old Parejo to replace 35 year old Busquets.

If club allow that it just shows they have not clue whatsoever.

Both in their 20s were slow.

Barca just underlining how out of touch they are with modern football if even contemplating this move.

PhilS

For the next few years, because of the money situation, some of the players added to the roster will be 30+.

One category of these may be "extraordinary talents". If the team can get, say, the world's best best goal scorer, for a moderate price. Even though he is not young, and certainly will fade before his contract expires. The type of player who wins you trophies.

Another category will be low-cost gambles, to try to fill current roster needs. If they don't work out, such as Bellerin, no big deal. Maybe you will get useful depth at low cost, such as our #4 CB Alonso.

All big-money additions do have to be young or very young.

jamrock

People got there panties in a twist after we signed the TV deal about signing old players, at the end of the day the only player the club signed, that was in it's medium term plans was Lewa, who was a good signing.

Everyone else, from a age profile Prospective, could be at the club for the medium to long term

Raphinha
Christensen
Kounde
Torres 🤢🤢🤢 ( was before the deal)

I'm sure they will do the same again, we may sign 1/2 players above 30, but the players they spend money on will all be of the right age profile.

We are Gonna sign 1 or 2 though, it's just where we are now, they just have to be smart free or cheap guys.

Windhook

Gerard Romero has been sniffing around too much lately, feels like Barca are deliberately feeding him false information.

JamDav1982

The age of players is part of the issue.

When the profile of a Parejo is mixed with him being 34 it is terrible and shouldnt be considered.

Gundogan at 33 as an option for minutes is not bad.. particularly if to allow for more numbers if 4 mids is used more... but Parejo.. that would be moronic.

Alonso was not a good signing even if free. Wrong age and not good enough.

Same would have been case if had got Azpi as Xavi wanted.

Parejo would be more of same but surely is no true.

Cant have 120m+ on wide players can get much from and signing likes of parejo, Alonso and Bellerin.

jamrock

120m+ on wingers lol, Spin.

But anyways like they did in the summer when everyone has their panties in a twist about signing old players & long term planning re signings, they got players who are of the right age profile, they will do it again.

We will sign 1/2 players over 30,maybe 3/4 all together, 1/2 won't workout, it's called a transfer window, nothing is 100%, despite many of us wanting it to be for various reasons, (spin included)in does work like that.

Alonso is serviceable, bellerin & Torres are shite, we'll be rid of bellerin in the summer, & hopefully Torres as well.

5/7 ain't bad.

We 100% aren't signing Parejo, so that's not even worth talking about

JamDav1982

No spin.

120m on wide players that dont suit way Xavi plays is what has been spent.

The issue is certain old player who folk dont feel add much.. Alonso was one, Azpi another and Parejo if they are thinking of him would be another again.

Cant be having 120m on wide players and signing those players.

Fair chance they will try to correct it this summer and sell on some of those wide players.. if Dembele stays.

Fati could be lucky to stay also if he doesnt improve much.

Last edited:

Porque

People got there panties in a twist after we signed the TV deal about signing old players, at the end of the day the only player the club signed, that was in it's medium term plans was Lewa, who was a good signing.

Everyone else, from a age profile Prospective, could be at the club for the medium to long term

Raphinha
Christensen
Kounde
Torres 🤢🤢🤢 ( was before the deal)

I'm sure they will do the same again, we may sign 1/2 players above 30, but the players they spend money on will all be of the right age profile.

We are Gonna sign 1 or 2 though, it's just where we are now, they just have to be smart free or cheap guys.

Marcos Alonso, and if things went to plan- Azpiculeta.

Don't see the problem with Dani Potato.

---Busi-Parejo---
--Pedri-----Gavi--
Dembele-----------
---------Lewy----

Next year looks fantastic.

jamrock

Singed 1 player or the 3 you just listed, I ain't debating imaginary sayings to make some silly point.

"Club did not pay 60m+ for Torres, club paid 45m euros for Torres, with clauses that are difficult to meet".

Spin Dr Jamdav Carlson, when he was trying to tell us all how very good Torres was lol

JamDav1982

Haha facts are not 'spin'.

If they have two wide players they spend 120m on and other areas that are so weak then need to spend better for players Xavi can get best from or correct it this summer.

Very simple.

Yip been through it.. Torres I thought would be better and did say if played on touchline that is not who he is.. but even within that he has got worse and worse and head looks gone.

You thought Raphinha would be amazing and best Dembele and Kessie was profile Barca needed in midfield.

Sometimes we get things wrong chief.

Last edited:

jamrock

Marcos Alonso, and if things went to plan- Azpiculeta.

Don't see the problem with Dani Potato.

---Busi-Parejo---
--Pedri-----Gavi--
Dembele-----------
---------Lewy----

Next year looks fantastic.

Alonso is serviceable & clearly a short term filla gap type signing, who we got for free.

I'm good with his signing.

I highly doubt we will sign Parejo, that club isn't flipping FDJ for Parejo, that would just be silly.

But let's see.

jamrock

Haha facts are not 'spin'.

If they have two wide players they spend 120m on and other areas that are so weak then need to spend better for players Xavi can get best from or correct it this summer.

Very simple.

Yip been through it.. Torres I thought would be better and did say if played on touchline that is not who he is.. but even within that he has got worse and worse and head looks gone.

You thought Raphinha would be amazing and best Dembele and Kessie was profile Barca needed in midfield.

Sometimes we get things wrong chief.

The spin isn't you getting his on the field performance wrong, is spinning his transfers fee from 45 -60m+ to suit your little narrative, when it suits you lol

JamDav1982

The spin isn't you getting his on the field performance wrong, is spinning his transfers fee from 45 -60m+ to suit your little narrative, when it suits you lol

I am using your value of Torres chief.

If dont like it dont complain.

Spinner.

What value should we use for him? You decide.

Fairly sure you would quote 65m.. will I use that?

On field performance he hasnt been good enough.. neither have Kessie the natural and best Barca mid in 2022 nor Raphinha so far.

No doubt.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

@gerardromero
: "I'm not saying that Barcelona will sign Parejo, I'm just saying that Xavi is interested in the player."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans