Buy:
Evan Ndicka free transfer (DC) he transfered to Roma
Alejandro Grimaldo free transfer (LB) transfered to Leverkusen
Paulo Dybala 12m€ (release clause) (AMC) still in Roma
Marcus Thuram free transfer (RFC) transfered to Inter

some people laughed at me here.
now these players are doing their best in their club
we had to buy these players cause we need this kind of players

anyway maybe we can offer 70-80m€ to buy for the next transfer window if we have money!!!!!!!

I think Thuram is the best example of an opportunity that we missed this summer.

Especially given the pace our attack lost after losing Dembele, and Lewandowski physical decline (despite good numbers!).

Andresito

Staff member
Is Thuram really what we lack? He has 5 goals in 17 games (9 assists mind you). Seems to be more of a supportive CF rather than the main one.

Porque

Well he is fast and can also play on the left. Scores and assists.

Question is how rigid we are going to be with the structure. I guess we would get the best out of him closer to Lewandowski. Which with a midfield quartet could probably have been our best setup.

khaled_a_d

I wrote that in 11 May 2023

Buy:

Ndicka is playing in 3 atb system in Italy, hardly a miss for us.

He is one of the highest paid player there, with good signing bonus, who was promised a starting spot. We have non of this and had our starting LB sorted at the time.
Balde is hitting the "sophomore wall" but he will come good in time

We didn't have 12M

Might be the only real miss of the list tbh

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Missing out on these players is not the mistake. The mistake is we bought the wrong players. Raph, Lewa and Ferran were never going to be great transfers, you could see that a mile off.

If we had bought Sane and Gimenez / Boniface ( both together would not have cost more than what we spent on Raph ) we would be in a far better position than if we bought all those free transfers, and team would be competitive in the UCL.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I wrote that in 11 May 2023

Buy:

some people laughed at me here.
now these players are doing their best in their club
we had to buy these players cause we need this kind of players

anyway maybe we can offer 70-80m€ to buy for the next transfer window if we have money!!!!!!!
Exactly. It is the recruitment that is appalling in this team.

Andresito

Staff member
A month left until players can sign pre-contracts (bet we'll see some renewals of these players in the coming weeks). Not the greatest list of players but I think a few could be good squad options. Money can instead be spent on Cancelo, a partner to Frenkie (Zubi/Kimmich) and a winger.

Obiously not going to sign all, but some players I think should be on our watchlist:
AWB as a defensive option at RB (with Araujo permanent CB) for when Cancelo rests/plays LB. United can renew him unilaterally though.
Nico Williams obviously would add some much needed pace in attack (will renew most likely).
Zielinski would be a good addition as an offensive CM. Lewy could act as agent but will be tough if we want to ship him to SA in summer.
Morata a cheap replacement for Lewy and rotational player with Roque.
Also think we need a new backup GK, Alex Meret probably too expensive to be a backup at this stage for us, other option is Dimitrievski at Rayo with lots of experience.

2024.png

Fati_Future_BallonDor

A month left until players can sign pre-contracts (bet we'll see some renewals of these players in the coming weeks). Not the greatest list of players but I think a few could be good squad options. Money can instead be spent on Cancelo, a partner to Frenkie (Zubi/Kimmich) and a winger.

Obiously not going to sign all, but some players I think should be on our watchlist:
AWB as a defensive option at RB (with Araujo permanent CB) for when Cancelo rests/plays LB. United can renew him unilaterally though.
Nico Williams obviously would add some much needed pace in attack (will renew most likely).
Zielinski would be a good addition as an offensive CM. Lewy could act as agent but will be tough if we want to ship him to SA in summer.
Also think we need a new backup GK, Alex Meret probably too expensive to be a backup at this stage for us, other option is Dimitrievski at Rayo with lots of experience.

2024.png

Would buy Nico or Rafa, Mbappe, Morata, Wan bissaka, zielinski, iheanacho but no Rabbit 🐰

khaled_a_d

AWB has one year option in his deal, same with Meret
Nico & Dimitrievski are obvious targets IMO.
Zielinski and/or Raviot on short term deals are good addition if it happens. Morata or Taheremi as Lewy replacement could be an option.

Messi983

I like Kamada and hoped we would sign him last summer.

Didn't knew until a week or two ago when I was checking this list of potential free agents that he only signed a 1-year deal with an option to extend for three years from both parties but he's not playing much at Lazio so unlikely he'll want to stay and would like us to consider him (again) - not sure if we were really interested to sign him last summer.

Versatile player and could be used in rotation as a 4th midfielder if we'll use that system again. We need more depth in midfield anyway as don't know if/how Gavi will recover, Pedri being injury prone and Gundo also not getting any younger. And I also think we need another midfielder in his prime years. Now we only have FDJ, others are either youngsters or oldies. Could potentially also play in the Felix role. At least I think he was used as LW in Frankfurt sometimes. Had 9 goals and 7 assists in his last season there. Would be surprised if Felix would have similar production for us end of the season.

Also imagine signing him would have a very positive impact on club finances. Asians go crazy when one of their players sign for a big club.

Other than that Nico, Morata and Dimitrievski are the obvious targets if available. Taremi possibly as well.

Messi983

Rafinha, out of contract in June at Al Arabi SC and being approached for new chapter in 2024. There are Brazilian clubs monitoring Rafinha’s situation — and also Saudi clubs keeping an eye on him.

Send the fake Raphinha to Arabis and bring the original home.

Andresito

Staff member
We might need a new GK in January if ter Stegen will need surgery. Maybe loan someone like Ramsdale? Should be better than Iñaki, although language might be an issue.

Porque

-Fresh Lo Celso rumours from Catalan rags.

-Atletico closest to Guido.

Not sure if Spurs release Lo Celso after his past two games.

Regarding Guido, don't really think he is what we need at DMC either. Somewhere more mobile with a better range of passing should suit us more.

Home of Barca Fans