Barca Transfers and Rumors

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
MD reporting Kimmich is our CDM target/priority this summer.

This is after of course both Bayern and Germany tried him out in that role and later moved him back to RB :lol:

Sooke

Here we are again facing the same issue - Very Little Money for New Selections. It will take a decade till we can solve this issue, caused by Bartomeu. And the only way to create money and roster space for new signings is to make several transfers, loan deals and sales. Lewa, F.Torres and J.Felix are earning big paychecks. We need to offload these salaries. V.Roque most likely will go on loan somewhere. The rookie we have upfront is not ready yet for La Liga. They need time for growth. Once we clear our pay-books from these names, we will be able to sign new forwards.
Of course, we also need at least one solid CB and DM and for that to happen we need to apply the same formula on our defenders and midfielders.

Porque

Here we are again facing the same issue - Very Little Money for New Selections. It will take a decade till we can solve this issue, caused by Bartomeu. And the only way to create money and roster space for new signings is to make several transfers, loan deals and sales. Lewa, F.Torres and J.Felix are earning big paychecks. We need to offload these salaries. V.Roque most likely will go on loan somewhere. The rookie we have upfront is not ready yet for La Liga. They need time for growth. Once we clear our pay-books from these names, we will be able to sign new forwards.
Of course, we also need at least one solid CB and DM and for that to happen we need to apply the same formula on our defenders and midfielders.

Agreed. But if we zoom out a bit and look at Laporta's three seasons.

We have.

CL
Group stage exit
Group stage exit
Quarter Final exit

LaLiga
2nd
1st
2nd

Copa del Rey
Winners
1/4 (?)
1/8 (?)
(Off top my head can't remember exact exit rounds).

So realistically. Is selling 2/3 starters really going to hurt us that much?

Araujo, FdJ/Pedri/Gavi and Raphi/Ferran/Lewy/Lamine

Selling one from each line for the biggest fee and bringing in cheaper replacements.

Are we really going to drop from a top 2 LaLiga side, Copa del Rey final 1/8 and better, CL group stage exiting side?

Because with all the levers, that is what we are.

vuji_31

We have.

CL
Group stage exit
Group stage exit
Quarter Final exit

LaLiga
2nd
1st
2nd

Copa del Rey
Winners
1/4 (?)
1/8 (?)

Selling one from each line for the biggest fee and bringing in cheaper replacements.

Are we really going to drop from a top 2 LaLiga side, Copa del Rey final 1/8 and better, CL group stage exiting side?

That is what I am also thinking.

Our team is to expensive for this, selling De Jong and Araujo would not do much difference.

I would keep Lewa concidering we don't have any player that can score 10+ goals.

serghei

We have.

CL
Group stage exit
Group stage exit
Quarter Final exit

LaLiga
2nd
1st
2nd

Copa del Rey
Winners
1/4 (?)
1/8 (?)

With all the levers? :lol: That's political talk for the dumb masses...

It's going to hurt us for sure. Winning the league and getting close to a CL semifinal in the last 2 seasons is very tough to do. There are teams out there that spent over a billion and didn't get close to this type of success.

You can kiss any hope of possibly winning the league again and building on what we did in CL this season if the team gets weaker instead of stronger. That's a given.

If the squad improves, we can continue the good work we've done in the last 2 years. If not the players will stagnate and the development is gonna be minimal. How can you improve at the top if you don't play CL knockout games all the time?

From now the target is to keep making CL knockouts every season. For that to happen we need to at least keep the same squad, if we can't possibly improve it.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Love how our plan for the summer is apparently to:

Sign a CDM in Kimmich who is not a CDM

Sign a LW in Dani Olmo who is not a left-winger

Only at FC Barcelona :lol:
If there is ANY truth to these rumors I think like this: Forget about Kimmich, and beside we shouldn't make any business with Bayern who sold us a 34-year old player for 50 fucking million. Olmo? ONLY of we sell Torres, but I'd much rather see Nico of course. For next season we can manage with getting a proper DM, splurge on a young good DM that we can build around. It's not like we can sell Torres and/or Ansu anyway - so let's try to make it work another season... Cancelo is ok for LL, but a liability in CL - but it's not like we're going much further than quarters next season anyway. Felix is meh, something is of with him even if he shows glimpses of magic - and Madrid is probably trying to sell him.

So yeah, get us a DM and maybe a better backup goalie for cheap. Ship Romeu and don't loan Felix again even if we can. Sign or loan Cancelo again. Forget about Alonso and Martinez. Than we'll work with with we have... also we have some players from B team knocking on the door Faye, Bernal, Casado and maybe Darvich.

Messi983

Xavi doesn't want Guido.

Onana is liked by Deco and is also well regarded by Xavi, who also believes that another player who has been offered to Barça by his agents could be a good reinforcement for the central midfield position and who would arrive for free, as his contract with his club, Leicester, recently promoted to the Premier League, expires. He is Nigerian Wilfred Ndidi. The Barça coach, after his offer, has followed the player and considers that he is an interesting footballer and that he would fit into the team. On the other hand, he has not seen another of the players with whom he has also negotiated and who would also arrive for free, Betis' Argentine international, Guido Rodríguez.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Onana will cost a lot, 50ish million maybe. Impossible for us because we like to spend such money on 35 year olds and players from Brazil that even suck on their YouTube highlights. He has some sort of clause (like many players do) if they miss out on PL, but Everton will make it for sure. But I haven't watched him this season, has he been alright?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Names being thrown as if player A or B will solve much. We have enough to play better football next season.

Hungry players and a capable manager can do wonders. Xavi deserves a lot of credit for trusting youngsters and he should take a note from his own book.

No to Bernardo or Kimmich or anyone close to 30 unless they are free and ready to die for this club.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Names being thrown as if player A or B will solve much. We have enough to play better football next season.

Hungry players and a capable manager can do wonders. Xavi deserves a lot of credit for trusting youngsters and he should take a note from his own book.

No to Bernardo or Kimmich or anyone close to 30 unless they are free and ready to die for this club.
I mostly agree, but I hope we won't extend Alonso (maybe, if on lower wage next season) + we can't keep Romeu, I almost feel sorry for him. Also probably Felix out and Ansu in I guess, we can't offload Ansu (not even loan him out at this point where we won't pay at least half his wage) and we can't afford so many players on the books. And do something about Lenglet and Dest - get at least a couple million for one of them.
If only we could do some proper scouting and find a DM on a cheap that just works out for us - that would be the only transfer we really need and can afford, or we try Bernal and Casado on DM and hope for the best... And oh, Faye should be backup - he's been doing more than ok for B.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Xavi doesn't want Guido.
On the other hand, he has not seen another of the players with whom he has also negotiated and who would also arrive for free, Betis' Argentine international, Guido Rodríguez.

There was another report that Xavi told him personally that he is waiting for him. You never know with this club tbh

Love how our plan for the summer is apparently to:

Sign a CDM in Kimmich who is not a CDM

Sign a LW in Dani Olmo who is not a left-winger

Only at FC Barcelona :lol:

Honestly, I doubt we will have the funds for either of them.
I think it will be Guido and just start making connections with Kimmich in hope we get him for free in a year's time

Home of Barca Fans