Barca Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

If we didn't sign and even renew Alonso this wouldn't be true, that's the point. I don't think Grimaldo earns a lot more than Alonso so if we didn't renex this bum we could have Grimaldo for the same (or even lesser) salary as Alonso.

Your point is relevant only if Grimaldo is on a much higher wage than Alonso which I doubt.

Alonso salary is low and Grimaldo was offered biggest salary in Leverkusen and a starting place in exciting project that will play to his strength, it never made sense for either party.

Getting rid of Roberto and Alonso is a dream.
Also we can get back Dest plus Araujo on right back position so we are covered there with Cancelo and one of those two.

I was thinking about him the other day, he is doing very well with PSV and he is their starting LB there. They have a buy option but I wonder whether they will pay it or try to lowball us.

With a new coach, him as back up LB since he is already registered could make sense. Although most Barca fans are stilh rehabing from the PTSD of watching him as a starter here.

Porque

How much of Dest success is down to the conditions of the league though? And those highlighting his strengths without exposing weaknesses.

I would be all in on selling him.

Very rare a player will overcome a poor spell (and we are talking seasons) and return to succeed at the same club.

But yeah, in theory if he had matured and can overcome the mental blocks, then to have Cancelo here as an inverted fullbacks, we have the inhouse option of a Dest return. Especially if Cap is an issue.

khaled_a_d

How much of Dest success is down to the conditions of the league though? And those highlighting his strengths without exposing weaknesses.

I would be all in on selling him.

Very rare a player will overcome a poor spell (and we are talking seasons) and return to succeed at the same club.

But yeah, in theory if he had matured and can overcome the mental blocks, then to have Cancelo here as an inverted fullbacks, we have the inhouse option of a Dest return. Especially if Cap is an issue.

It shouldn't be a priority by any mean, and ideal situation is PSV paying those 10M.
But we have seen it before that clubs don't necessary like buying succeeded loaned players, with Lenglet being a good example. Sometimes they just get the player as a stop gap until they buy a highly rated player in the position.
I prefer keeping him as LB if we can't get someone, over termination his contract or having to give him for free tbh

Porque

It shouldn't be a priority by any mean, and ideal situation is PSV paying those 10M.
But we have seen it before that clubs don't necessary like buying succeeded loaned players, with Lenglet being a good example. Sometimes they just get the player as a stop gap until they buy a highly rated player in the position.
I prefer keeping him as LB if we can't get someone, over termination his contract or having to give him for free tbh

I think the issue with Lenglet was wages. He is on 12m Gross while Dest is on 6m. As per capology.

Even now at PSV, they are only paying half his wages so signing him may even be outside their limits.

But perhaps he has advertised himself well for the PL?

Porque

The Blaugrana club has been analyzing the scenario for some time and everything indicates that the two players who are going to be put on the market as a priority are Koundé and Raphina. Offers will be heard for them although neither of them want to leave the team.

----

This is why the sports strategy of the levers under the current board should be scrutinized.

You have two of the four players that major levers were pulled specifically to sign and stay competitive, and yet these are prioritized to sell.

jamrock

We pulled 700m in levelers to sign 4 players, yea that should definitely be looked at.

Those two can probably bring it what we paid for them or more, and we need to sell given how la liga keeps trying to pull us down and out stadium rebuild, it's just good business.

khaled_a_d

Bilbao have signed Djalo from Braga for 15m.

A compatriot for Nico... or replacement?

Bilbao has paid a total of 2M in transfer deals in last 3 years, and that was for a starting LB for their B team.
I would say they are preparing for Nico departure tbh, whether it is this year or in the future. They aren't exactly in control of the situation considering his buyout clause.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't care so much about the levers itself as much as the current ownership model and how sustainable it is in the future.

The biggest issue with this club is the lack of financial controls. If we're going to keep the same model with presidents being elected, a new board coming in and the club being fully owned by the socis there need to be measures put in place that doesn't allow the same mess to be created again.

The people responsible for the financial controls of the club and keeping a lunatic president in check need to come externally which will never happen at a club like Barcelona as every board chooses the people heading the committee responsible for it lol. Like how Bartomeu had Carles Tusquets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans