Barca Transfers and Rumors

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
1 more WC player wouldn't have done shit in those games, it was coaching errors and Dumbele fuck ups. Against PSG it was Araujo fuck up deluxe.
I would love to have Nico, but than we have to be realistic about how he'll feel about being backup. But sure, both Olmo and Yamal could probably play more of a false #10 if Lewa is injured if shit hits the fan. But imo we still need a Luuk kind of backup striker even if we got for Nico.
I've been saying this in many threads, starting LB and backup LW (and RW) is crucial - backup striker a la Luuk would be a luxury, but these kind of strikers could be found on a free and alright wages I think.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

The injury situation has itself been outlandish. Without it the squad would be quite comfortable.

This has been the case for 4 years now, and we have players like Araujo, Christensen, Pedri, Frenkie , Stegen, Balde, Iñigo , Fati, Olmo, and maybe even Torres, who can all be described as injury prone players. Never mind players like Bernal and Gavi suffering from a career threatening injuries. We can't plan based on having a really healthy squad when those are missing games. Not when season is getting longer with new CL format.

But also we are undervaluing a few players. I'm probably Eric Garcia's biggest detractor here, but he was starter at a top 4 side last season and good depth for any LaLiga side. The same with Ferran who is decent, but the club is too big for him and he has the mentality of a wet noodle.

Even Gerard Martin, aka the new Marcos Alonso doesn't really need to be playing as Hector Fort is able to play both sides.

But then the problem isn't Martin so much, but that it's Martin and DOM playing together because we have so many injuries to defence and midfield meaning the guy who should be in the D who is fit (Eric) is having to plug a hole in midfield.

Girona played different system there tbh, I doubt Eric will be a good 4th CB for us, Inigo might stay and that would make CB being good but without him, I don't think replicating the CB pair of Spanish Olympic team should be part of the plan, and that will happen if you count on injury prone Araujo and Christensen.
But yeah, on paper both CB and midfield have depth, albeit it is a bit of pseudo depth due to injury prone of many players.
Ferran is a very good player, but he hasn't proven his worth to Barca, sadly. atm he isn't even good enough as a bench/rotation option. We need upgrade there, desperately tbh.

Martin is awful, it is kind of insulting to Alonso to compare Martin to him. He just doesn't belong top this level, sad because I liked him with the B team.
Never mind Balde has history of being inconsistent, so we need a backup who can compete with him, Fort isn't that, not yet at least

Gazzznigga

This has been the case for 4 years now, and we have players like Araujo, Christensen, Pedri, Frenkie , Stegen, Balde, Iñigo , Fati, Olmo, and maybe even Torres, who can all be described as injury prone players. Never mind players like Bernal and Gavi suffering from a career threatening injuries. We can't plan based on having a really healthy squad when those are missing games. Not when season is getting longer with new CL format.

Girona played different system there tbh, I doubt Eric will be a good 4th CB for us, Inigo might stay and that would make CB being good but without him, I don't think replicating the CB pair of Spanish Olympic team should be part of the plan, and that will happen if you count on injury prone Araujo and Christensen.
But yeah, on paper both CB and midfield have depth, albeit it is a bit of pseudo depth due to injury prone of many players.
Ferran is a very good player, but he hasn't proven his worth to Barca, sadly. atm he isn't even good enough as a bench/rotation option. We need upgrade there, desperately tbh.

Martin is awful, it is kind of insulting to Alonso to compare Martin to him. He just doesn't belong top this level, sad because I liked him with the B team.
Never mind Balde has history of being inconsistent, so we need a backup who can compete with him, Fort isn't that, not yet at least
Once again, spot on analysis. No delusions or unrealistic pretensions.

Regardless, i think your point on Balde may apply to the right full back position too, in nearly the same measure unless Flick is thinking of an Araujo, when fit, to take care of that.

serghei

Spot on. Need 3-4 solid transfers of players that are stronger physically. Then we will have more quality in both starting 11 and in rotations aspects. For CL, to be able to challenge, this is key, no two ways about it. You can do with what we have in the league, but if you play vs Arsenal for example, or Bayern, or other strong teams in Europe, and you don't have your main players fit (and to this date, we barely ever played a big game with full 11 fit), problems will appear, as they did previously.

1-2 in defense, 1 midfleder, and 1 winger/back-up 9, preferably on LW. All of them good, young-ish, and with good record regarding availability. People often refer to defense as being well covered, but there's plenty of issues there. Only Kounde is a consistently top performer in our defense regarding both performances and availability metrics. And probably Cubarsi if he keeps his form from this season debut.

I'd personally sign a central defender, a leftback, a defensive-oriented midfielder, and a left winger. Best option for us would be to sell Araujo for a big sum (hard to do because he has issues), but provided we do that, sell Araujo, and buy 2 40-50m players.

Last edited:

Total-Football

I would sell both dejong and arujo . Both big earners and Both have injury problems. Also Both have market value. Also Both are not essentials in this new barca. Selling Both will allow us to sign 4 players at least .

Andresito

Staff member
Would you be fine selling Araujo and getting VVD for a couple of seasons on a free as a stopgap? Then the Araujo money could be invested in other spots and if all goes well we can replace VVD with Faye a couple years later.

ajnotkeith

Would you be fine selling Araujo and getting VVD for a couple of seasons on a free as a stopgap? Then the Araujo money could be invested in other spots and if all goes well we can replace VVD with Faye a couple years later.
Would be nice to use the Araujo money on a DM, even though I really like Araujo this seems like a good formula.

I would not sell below 70m though at bare minimum.

Messi983

More likely it will be Tah than VVD but yeah I could see this being the club's plan (I think we already wanted to sign him this summer but then injury prevented that). Not saying I would do it though. I still like Araujo a lot and would prefer to renew him if possible.

I don't see us getting anything more than 50m with only a year left on his contract and a known injury history.

Andresito

Staff member
Would be nice to use the Araujo money on a DM, even though I really like Araujo this seems like a good formula.

I would not sell below 70m though at bare minimum.
With 1 year left of contract and his injury history, 70m might be too much to ask. Don't think many clubs will offer that when can get him for free a year later.

Messi983

He'll probably renew with Spurs but would like to get Son on a short term contract.

Would also be a big boost for our finances.

Porque

City might try to convince Zubimendi in January. Do we try to give it another go?

Or do we just stick with Casadomendi?

Messi983

City obviously still has a big pulling power but there are some changes coming there. Txiki is leaving, what does that mean for Pep's future? He might stay for another year but surely won't be there for 3-4 more years imo.

And ofc possible sanctions against them (though nothing serious will happen imo). Will Zubi really go there to be a starter for 6 months and then go to bench when Rodri is back? Maybe but I think he's just too comfortable in his club like most Basques and hard to be lured away.

jamrock

Araujo isn't a big earner and his injury record would give clubs pause.

You only sell if he refuses to renew

The most sellable asset we have in defense is kounde, due to versatility, performances and availability.

The squad is well covered in CB, we only need one LB that's it for defense.

Back keeper
LB
Pure left winger
Back up striker

That's it.

Could easily cover that with 80m

We don't need to bring in a defender if Martinez leaves, just drop Garcia their.

Home of Barca Fans