Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Ya, at the time Liverpool board said “contracts don’t mean a lot”.

The truth on that was that Liverpool made a big mistake because the £40M release clause was too little in their opinion. So they refused to comply by it.

And it was all over the press, even here, when it was revealed in March 2014 that during summer 2013: 1/ there was a release clause, 2/ It was only £40M

I know press made plenty of it but surprised Arsenal or other clubs never challenged it.

Why should other teams stand by release clauses if its that easy to refuse?

Bertus

I know press made plenty of it but surprised Arsenal or other clubs never challenged it.

Why should other teams stand by release clauses if its that easy to refuse?
Why players should stand by their contracts since it seems so easy to force their way out?

It's not all white or black. Players or clubs, not a lot comply by what they sign.

JamDav1982

Why players should stand by their contracts since it seems so easy to force their way out?

It's not all white or black. Players or clubs, not a lot comply by what they sign.

Very few players force their way out through not complying with their contract.

Clubs refusing players to leave when buy out clauses etc released is rare. But why should other clubs adhere to it?

Bertus

Very few players force their way out through not complying with their contract.

Clubs refusing players to leave when buy out clauses etc released is rare. But why should other clubs adhere to it?
At the time, Arsenal and suarez thought about registering a complaint and go to court/CAS. But they dropped it since it's a slow procedure.

SpawN

BrnpGo-CIAEIVwa.jpg:large

:lol:

RM CB is fine but how about us?? :zubi:

Marty

Anyone that think Suarez will be sold by Liverpool for 50-60M euros is delusional.

Anyway, from The Guardian: Liverpool turned down an offer of 87M euros. They stand by the £80M they want (100M euros)

Yeah, not a good price. :blush:

lowkey still hoping for breakdown :messi:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The thing is that we have Messi and Iniesta who are once in 25 year (maybe more) talents, along with some other good players in their prime. So we are willing to go all out to extract one or two more CLs from them. I don't like the galactico policy but if it brings success then I don't mind. Remember even with this signing policy in recent years we still promote youth (Pedro, Busi, Rafinha etc).

Once they are gone our stadium will be in place and we should return to our principles as we would be paying off the stadium. We would rely on cheap talents and our youth.

JamDav1982

The same people who moan about 'wasting the peak years of Messi and Iniesta' are probably the same ones that are giving off about Suarez only having four years left at top.

There is not currently a CF out there that would be better for Barcelona than Suarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans