Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

We need a new midfielder this transferwindow, if we get the ban.. Xavi may leave, Iniesta is getting older, rafinha need some seasons.. I read RM have agreed a deal with Kroos for €25m, thats a bargain! Why didn't Barca buy him?

I don't agree.
With Xavi leaving we have the same number of midfielders as last year. Rafinha is ready to be thrown to the wolves. He was one if the stars of last year's La Liga and has turned 21. Lucho knows him well and obviously trusts him. If ever he was ready, now's the time. If we somehow manage to buy yet another MF, who'll move in front of Rafinha in the pecking order, you can bet your sweet ass that Mazinho will start moaning to the press and before we know it, we'll have another Thiago debacle on our hands.

Yes, it's a bold move to let a legend such as Xavi go and put your faith in a youngster, but with a new coach, and multiple stalwarts of our best team ever leaving, we have to gamble if we truly want to see the dawning of a new era.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Despite reports, Barcelona didn't make 88M bid for Suarez. 88M is release clause, asked by Liverpool. Barcelona could pay around 60M. [md]

I don't think this is true, more reliable sources than md reported that we offered 88M. But again, it is who to believe. I think the deal should be done within 2-3 weeks.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Thats what I posted in his thread before deleting the post kn case it was just another twitter rumour, but it looks like its true.

F

Flavia

Puyol: "Problems finding centre back? Some aren't available. And it's not easy to find better players than Bartra, Pique and Mascherano."

Zubi infected Puyi, dear lord :icon_neutral:
Benatia is better than Masch, Puyol... Sign him.

Tomchin

Agger and Demichelis come to mind.
I have my doubts whether those 2 are an improvement. But anyway, agger surely would be available on a cheap i guess, considering liverpool already have Skrtel and Sakho and want to sign Lovren too. Maybe an alternative to Mathieu in case that deal doesnt succeed?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Puyol: "Problems finding centre back? Some aren't available. And it's not easy to find better players than Bartra, Pique and Mascherano."

To be honest, what do you expect him to say? "We are trying to sign the Benatia, the Marquinhos, et al" ? That'd just drive up the price of the players and would invite other clubs to outbid us. And as for the "better players than Bartra, Pique and Mascherano" bit, as a part of the club management he cannot insult his own players and even then, saying that they are not top drawer quality would lower our position in negotiations because it'd make us look more desperate for a centerback than we already are.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We're not getting a CB are we? I mean they are going all in on Suarez. And we won't rid of the dead weight either will we?

We will get at least one centerback, if not two. Whether that's a signing with star power like Benatia or Hummels remains to be seen however.

Gilberto

We'll end up with stars such as Demichelis and Mathieu :pep:

No, we will end up getting at least 1 defender and may be even two
Don't know where we'll get the money from though, but :zubi: probably knows what he's doing (knowing him, he'll probably sell Alexis :cry:)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Don't know where we'll get the money from though, but :zubi: probably knows what he's doing (knowing him, he'll probably sell Alexis :cry:)

Hey I said we'll get at least 1 cb. For all we know that could mean promoting Edgar Ie. :mou:

:zubi:

JamDav1982

Mathieu would be a good signing regardless if another CB gets signed and selling Alexis to get Suarez is the correct thing to do also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans