Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

It would be great if a journalist threw some CB names at Zubi.

Something like: Hey Zubi, sign Benatia. What do you think of Hummels? Would he fit in Barca?

L

linetty

It would be great if a journalist threw some CB names at Zubi.

Something like: Hey Zubi, sign Benatia. What do you think of Hummels? Would he fit in Barca?
Why? He is very well aware of their existence and his answer would be something like 'He's a great player but have our list and we'll follow it'

Egert

Estonian Culé
Zubizarreta: "Mathieu rumours? I never said we were interested. Transfers are done privately, that's how we feel most comfortable."

L

linetty

Barcelona winger Isaac Cuenca (23) has a personal deal with Deportivo and is now talking with Barcelona. [ser]

DinhoR10

I both agree and disagree with the bold. I agree with you that people sometimes insult others for stating their opinions so please speak freely. I disagree about Benatia's hype though and particularly fitting in at this club.

I'd rate the top 5 CBs in the world on their day at:

1. TS
2. Hummels
3. Chiellini
4. Kompany
5. Varane

Notice no Barca players on that list, surprise surprise. Benatia is a solid choice with high potential in a squad that he could come in and easily become the #1 CB. Everyone lauds him as the second coming of Jesus because our defense is simply that poor.

Varane? Really? The guy had one good game against us. Neymar scored through his legs AFTER shooting through carvajal's legs. Top five cb he is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klc123

Varane? Really? The guy had one good game against us. Neymar scored through his legs AFTER shooting through carvajal's legs. Top five cb he is not.

It's hard to quantify center backs, but I agree, Varane is never top 5 CB's in the world. I'd also rate kompany more than chiellini...

DinhoR10

It's hard to quantify center backs, but I agree, Varane is never top 5 CB's in the world. I'd also rate kompany more than chiellini...

Yeah it is, cbs are more reliant on the players around them/tactics played by the team than say a forward would cause a forward can just dribble through and score against 3 defenders but 3 attackers on one cb and the cb will always lose. If varane is number 5 then bartra is number 4 :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans