Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barcelona follow Fiorentina wing back Juan Guillermo Cuadrado since last season. Scouts saw him 4 times this season. Would cost 20-25M. [md]

He's a nice player, he's got skills. But IMO he looks more like a wing midfielder or wing forward. He is a fullback as much as Jordi Alba is a fullback.

He is a nice versatile player, and he could be played in many different positions. He has a lot of pace, has good dribbling, and has a strong and sudden strike. He would be an excellent rotation player, much better than Adriano in this regard. I just don't like him for a starter. He strikes me as a jack of all trades, master of none. Basically an Adriano upgrade.

Alarcón

Vidal is one player I would love for Barca. I bet Tata loves him too. Gundogan is good but Vidal is MUCH better. He would cost a minimum of 60 mil though and he doesn't want to leave.

No, Vidal is not "much" better, and he doesn't fit our style of play either. Gündogan would be the closest to Xavi we could get.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
No, Vidal is not "much" better, and he doesn't fit our style of play either. Gündogan would be the closest to Xavi we could get.

Gundogan would be a better fit, but Vidal would be an excellent player for us. Vidal would definitely fit in this team, specially with the increased focus on more direct speed based style of play. Both would instantly revitalize our midfield.

I'd take any, and both.

Alarcón

Gundogan would be a better fit, but Vidal would be an excellent player for us. Vidal would definitely fit in this team, specially with the increased focus on more direct speed based style of play. Both would instantly revitalize our midfield.

I'd take any, and both.

Our players and especially our canteranos are much more suited to tiki-taka than a more direct style of play and this is evidenced by the fact that Fàbregas - one of the best players in the world - still hasn't permanently set a foot in the team despite being here for over 2 years and in spite of much needed changes in midfield. In the past few matches, we played many long balls (which I reckon is a direct coaching order) and they never resulted in anything but losing possession, so I honestly don't think that this is the way we're heading - rather the opposite as soon as Tata realises that the new, more direct tactics don't really work for us. That's why I think Gündogan would be a much better fit for our midfield and he could become a very important part in the revitalisation of our "original" style of play, which is, in my opinion, still the best, if executed correctly.

Added to that, Vidal just renewed his contract, so we would have to splash a lot of money on him, while Gündogan's contract runs out in 2015 and he's constantly refusing to renew it.

Barcilliant

Our players and especially our canteranos are much more suited to tiki-taka than a more direct style of play and this is evidenced by the fact that Fàbregas - one of the best players in the world - still hasn't permanently set a foot in the team despite being here for over 2 years and in spite of much needed changes in midfield. In the past few matches, we played many long balls (which I reckon is a direct coaching order) and they never resulted in anything but losing possession, so I honestly don't think that this is the way we're heading - rather the opposite as soon as Tata realises that the new, more direct tactics don't really work for us. That's why I think Gündogan would be a much better fit for our midfield and he could become a very important part in the revitalisation of our "original" style of play, which is, in my opinion, still the best, if executed correctly.

Added to that, Vidal just renewed his contract, so we would have to splash a lot of money on him, while Gündogan's contract runs out in 2015 and he's constantly refusing to renew it.

Sorry but Gundogan is going to RM. A big problem Barca will face is tring to recruit top players. MOST players will see Barca as a spent force.

JamDav1982

Sorry but Gundogan is going to RM. A big problem Barca will face is tring to recruit top players. MOST players will see Barca as a spent force.

No players will avoid Barca as they think they are a 'spent force' if anything if they think that it is one of the best times for a new player to join.

What may put players off that you are given virtually no freedom to express yourself as Messi is far and away the main man and older players like Xavi and to an extent Iniesta wont give up on their style of play which inhibits a lot of the other players.

F

Flavia

Barcelona midfielder Alex Song (26) is one of the transfer options of Italian club Napoli ahead of the January transfer window. [sky]

Rafa could take Song and Masch, and give us Zuniga and Higuain :pep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans