Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I meant as backup rb, forgot to specify.

I mean sure, Maggio would be great backup - but imo it would be better if tried to find a younger player that could take over after Alves in 2 years or so + provide backup straight away without loosing tons of quality.

Neal Faradinho

If we sell Montoya, his replacement should definetly be Mattia De Sciglio, top 3 right back in the world last season, but if we can't get him then we should go for Danilo or Manquillo

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Our players and especially our canteranos are much more suited to tiki-taka than a more direct style of play and this is evidenced by the fact that Fàbregas - one of the best players in the world - still hasn't permanently set a foot in the team despite being here for over 2 years and in spite of much needed changes in midfield. In the past few matches, we played many long balls (which I reckon is a direct coaching order) and they never resulted in anything but losing possession, so I honestly don't think that this is the way we're heading - rather the opposite as soon as Tata realises that the new, more direct tactics don't really work for us. That's why I think Gündogan would be a much better fit for our midfield and he could become a very important part in the revitalisation of our "original" style of play, which is, in my opinion, still the best, if executed correctly.

Added to that, Vidal just renewed his contract, so we would have to splash a lot of money on him, while Gündogan's contract runs out in 2015 and he's constantly refusing to renew it.

This team hasn't played tiki taka consistently for 3 years. Go back and watch the Pep era team, and right off the bat you'll notice the quick movement off the ball, the quick passing, and the sudden cutting runs made by forwards and midfielders. The long balls is an effort to force the team into a quicker pace, because the team has lost their natural quickness and faster passing that true tiki taka required.
The only way this team right now can come close to what it used to be is to get new players, because with current players on the team just simply do not have the quickness and agility required to play that way anymore. This is why Tata is forcing new tactics, because making this team play like they used to would only mean playing at but a shadow of what tiki taka used to be.

Also, people should try to be more flexible in what system they demand the team to run. Tiki taka was great, but the system worked because the players and, to a lesser degree the opponents, made it work. There is no guarantee you'll find that exact combination of players again to make the same system work. There is also no guarantee should you find them, that the system would have the same success vs opponents today. Evolving and adapting has merits as well.

Vidal would bring exactly what this team needs. Pace, work rate, quickness, grit. Is he a Xavi, absolutely not. But that still does not mean he does not have the technical ability to integrate himself into a quick passing system. He absolutely has that talent. The team does not need to play tiki taka to have an intricate, quick passing, possession driven style. Bayern and Dortmund are examples of this.

Gundoga is a much better fit, I agree, and having the choice of both, I'd side with Gundogan, but Vidal could most certainly fit in this team and make it better. I also do agree Gundogan could potentially be easier to acquire, but we're just speculating here.

Fabregas has played very well when he has been played in his position. He is not a deep lying midfielder, and he is not a CF. When he is played in attacking mid, he plays like the player he is.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Barcelona midfielder Alex Song (26) is one of the transfer options of Italian club Napoli ahead of the January transfer window. [sky]

Rafa could take Song and Masch, and give us Zuniga and Higuain :pep:

I'd really like Higuain. Extremely underrated player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What do you mean, like what?

Zuñiga is an attack minded full back and almost 28 years old. Would at best be a stop gap for another RB. Having Alves/Zuñiga(If we ever get him) and Alba on the side will be fun :mou:

Cule4life

The Culest
Buying Zuniga and selling Montoya would be utterly stupid and hence i expect Zubi to go for it. :zubi:
Cuadrado?Seriously? Where would he play? LB? :lol: He's not even a poor man's Jordi Alba.
We should go for Higuain as Messi will convince him to come but who am i kidding.

And yeah Pique and sideshow will be extremely exciting to watch- For Barca haters that is

If these are the transfers we are going for then i would rather not buy anyone at all

Gohan

Super Saiyan
What I would do with our midfield.

Sell : Song, Dos Santos

Buy : Gundogan

Promote : Samper

Midfield : Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Gundogan, Samper and Sergi

Main midfield : Busquets, Gundogan and Iniesta. Gundogan rotating with Cesc. Play Xavi alot less because he has to realize his legs aren't keeping up with the high tempo of the game. CDR matches are for Samper and Sergi. Also they should frequently make minutes in La Liga and CL.

Gundogan could play on Xavi's spot aswell as Busquets'.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
What I would do with our midfield.

Sell : Song, Dos Santos

Buy : Gundogan

Promote : Samper

Midfield : Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Gundogan, Samper and Sergi

Main midfield : Busquets, Gundogan and Iniesta. Gundogan rotating with Cesc. Play Xavi alot less because he has to realize his legs aren't keeping up with the high tempo of the game. CDR matches are for Samper and Sergi. Also they should frequently make minutes in La Liga and CL.

Gundogan could play on Xavi's spot aswell as Busquets'.

I believe Denis Suarez will get auto-promoted next season. And Rafa may return. What about them?

barca1899

Bartomeu (vice president): "Report that Sergio Ramos was free to join Barça? He's not on the market and he's a Madrid player, not an option"

Bartomeu (vice president): "We didn't sign a centre back this summer because we couldn't buy the one we wanted. Thiago Silva? No names..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans