Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

Do you see Valencia desperately trying to keep him? :lol: their laughing all the way to the bank.

Uhm, is this a trick question? They're holding out for his damn release clause, for crying out loud! Wouldn't you think that they'd sell him on a discount, if he's as bad as you believe?

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Mathieu and Vertonghen, both are left footed right? Not sure if they will still pursue Vertonghen if Mathieu comes.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Valencia average reject! Now I've read it all!

spVrM.gif

L

linetty

Atletico did that with Koke.
Because Koke wanted to stay and renew.

Mathieu has a release clause and they want to keep him desperatly holding on to it but apparently he doesn't want to miss out on a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity.

F

Flavia

I like Mathieu, I really do, but 20M is god damn robbery. I guess that's just the result of our situation combined with a crazy, inflated market, though.

Worse part is that they could have(should, really) got him last summer for 10m. Someone wanted him to come, but someone else blocked it. We won't ever know the names, but my guess is Zubi wanted him, but someone higher than him blocked the move. Mathieu is a good player, would've helped enormously last season. Now, with the market the way it is, they'll pay the double. Valencia doubled his buyout as soon as Barça gave up on signing him. Probably imagining they would come knocking again, as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans