Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazp

Because Koke wasn't on the brink of sealing a dream move to Barça. Mathieu knows he's very close to joining us, why the hell would he even contemplate a renawal that would handcuff him to the club?

I was talking about earlier in the transfer window

Trickykid

Worse part is that they could have(should, really) got him last summer for 10m. Someone wanted him to come, but someone else blocked it. We won't ever know the names, but my guess is Zubi wanted him, but someone higher than him blocked the move. Mathieu is a good player, would've helped enormously last season. Now, with the market the way it is, they'll pay the double. Valencia doubled his buyout as soon as Barça gave up on signing him. Probably imagining they would come knocking again, as they are.

Exactly. Depressing stuff.

mazp

Valencia average reject! Now I've read it all!

spVrM.gif

Valencia fans aren't exactly sad to see him go. Either way it's looks he's coming so whatever, I wish him well

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Im starting to think Zubi has been getting overruled by Rosell and others many times. Has been plenty of rumours of him considering to resign earlier as well. We'll probably never know.

mazp

Mathieu was close to joining us last summer too. No way he'd risk a higher release clause, knowing we could be in for him again.

Whatever, like I said, I disagree with this signing. I think he's average and not Barca quality and is 31 and costs too much for a backup. IMO

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Im starting to think Zubi has been getting overruled by Rosell and others many times. Has been plenty of rumours of him considering to resign earlier as well.

Zubi, Bartomeu, and co. have gone down the right path so far in terms of dealing with transfers well and making tough but necessary decisions. They've supported the players and Lucho too. Kudos to them for their recent work (minus that Beko shit). Good to know that they could at least step up when the shit started hitting the fan.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Nuno (coach Valencia): "What happens with Mathieu is not a secret. There's a big club willing to pay his buyout fee. We should be ready."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans