Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He's 30 and a very solid and fast defender. Calm down.

Good centre back are rare nowadays.
available ones even rarer. happy with the purchase of mathieu even though he is on the expensive side. but everyone knows Barcelona is desperate for a defender.

zanela

Indi who's 9 years younger went for ~8M €. Is Mathieu really that much better? Genuine question.

Anyhow, I hope 2 years from now we can get a more developed Laporte to replace Mathieu.

JamDav1982

available ones even rarer. happy with the purchase of mathieu even though he is on the expensive side. but everyone knows Barcelona is desperate for a defender.

Not just Barca - Man City, Bayern, Chelsea, Man Utd are all looking for CBs.

It is pushing the price of them sky high.

Would much rather pay 20m for Mathieu than close to 40m for Mangala... Mathieu is the better player.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Indi who's 9 years younger went for ~8M €. Is Mathieu really that much better? Genuine question.

Anyhow, I hope 2 years from now we can get a more developed Laporte to replace Mathieu.

Indi isn't that good, just a fouling machine and physical brute. De Vrij is much better and would be worth considering for a 2nd CB signing (other options being someone like Musacchio for instance)

ebc_99

Price is high, but as others have said everybody knows we need a CB. I like Mathieu and think he will be a great addition to the squad, but we still need 1 more CB and then we are set. Very happy with the summer so far.

Kerrybai

Solid player, high price for a 31 year old but then again we did spend 12 on a back up keeper and 81 on a striker.

Still need one more CB though, I hope the club won't stop until they have a 2nd secured.

Alarcón

Well, if he was bad, it would be stupid to sign him. Being 31, he can still give us 2-3 good seasons. I don't understand why so many are outraged by the amount, it was a sure thing they'd have to overspend when signing cb's. Stupid would have been paying 40-50 for someone like Luiz, and this could had happened.

He can, but it's not guaranteed. Signing players who are over 30 is always a risk. Silva is 29 and has already started to decline by the looks of it. 20 million is a lot for a CB of his age, even nowadays, and we can't resell him in a few years unlike with younger players.

L

linetty

What's the source reporting a deal is close?
Valencia's coach

Nuno (coach Valencia): "Jeremy is a great professional, a guy we like a lot, one of the world's best centre backs, but these things happen."
Nuno (coach Valencia): "What happens with Mathieu is not a secret. There's a big club willing to pay his buyout fee. We should be ready."

Bertus

Well, expected.

Barcelona is desperate for CBs, of course no one would do any discount to them.

But some people really believed it.

The reality is that barcelona will have to pay what clubs ask for, not the opposite.

Sorry if it sounds rude.

Tomchin

After a couple of good deals, Zubi has returned. :facepalm:
Oh come on, Zubi has been awesome so far this summer ;) If we have enough budget, then why not? We'll overpay for every CB that's on the market, that's a fact. I'm happy that we'll finally get a good defender, regardless whether we've overpaid for him or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans