Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Well, expected.

Barcelona is desperate for CBs, of course no one would do any discount to them.

But some people really believed it.

The reality is that barcelona will have to pay what clubs ask for, not the opposite.

Sorry if it sounds rude.

Better transfer than 60m for David Luiz so maybe Barca got it right.

Sorry if sounds rude.

spark

31 year old Bravo and Mathieu for 32 million. Give me strength.

giphy.gif

Bertus

Better transfer than 60m for David Luiz so maybe Barca got it right.

Sorry if sounds rude.
I am a barcelona fan too.

I just try to be fair and realistic.

When i said Barcelona would pay the release clause, some people thought it was not possible.

I'm not happy to see my second favorite club in that situation, so really, i don't even understand why you bring DL in this debate.

F

Flavia

He can, but it's not guaranteed. Signing players who are over 30 is always a risk. Silva is 29 and has already started to decline by the looks of it. 20 million is a lot for a CB of his age, even nowadays, and we can't resell him in a few years unlike with younger players.

Surely, but you need to see the options. They are clearly searching for a lb/cb. Mathieu and Vertonghen as options. The latter is younger, but dealing with Levy... And Mathieu played with Alba, knows the league, the language, etc, etc. He should had come last season for 10m, but some genius blocked the move. Now here we are.

Bertus

Oh come on, Zubi has been awesome so far this summer ;) If we have enough budget, then why not? We'll overpay for every CB that's on the market, that's a fact. I'm happy that we'll finally get a good defender, regardless whether we've overpaid for him or not.

Exactly. Happy that it finally starting to move.

Years of wait. Thanksfully, Barcelona will never ever wait that much again when there's need for new players.

Jadentheman

I am a barcelona fan too.

I just try to be fair and realistic.

When i said Barcelona would pay the release clause, some people thought it was not possible.

I'm not happy to see my second favorite club in that situation, so really, i don't even understand why you bring DL in this debate.

Because we could have almost gotten David Luiz. He was very strongly linked to us and I think a transfer was almost gonna happen if it wasn't for Lucho and PSG. Then WC happened...

Egert

Estonian Culé
Yep. We should be happy who we get. Benatia dreams are over. Mathieu and Vertonghen/Schär is the reality.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kroos is going for 25m since he got one year left, he is desperate to leave and it looks like Bayern have got enough of his shenanigans.

Bertus

Because we could have almost gotten David Luiz. He was very strongly linked to us and I think a transfer was almost gonna happen if it wasn't for Lucho and PSG. Then WC happened...
Nothing to do with it.

Jam jabbed me using DL because he thought i tried to hurt barcelona fans since I am a "PSG fan".

While i just pointed out a "i told you" about what could be happening when people expected a discount on Mathieu price and how some people could become agitated to that idea, while it was logical it would happen given how Barcelona is desperate.

That jab was not needed. I never try to hurt people here, and I never make fun of Barcelona.

Bertus

Only because our board is too dumb to get him.

I don't see how it kills the dream.

Buying Mathieu doesn't mean they don't plan to seek a world class younger CB.

Maybe they will fail to buy a second CB, I don't know. But there's no logical reason to think it kills the dream.

If we think they were not interested in Benatia before buying Mathieu, then the dream was already dead long ago, mathieu or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans