Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomchin

Indi who's 9 years younger went for ~8M €. Is Mathieu really that much better? Genuine question.
During the WC Indi didn't really impress me. And Barca were looking for a veteran defender who wouldn't block the development of our youngsters and is great at LB too, in that sense Mathieu makes a lot of sense I think.

Tomchin

Yep. We should be happy who we get. Benatia dreams are over. Mathieu and Vertonghen/Schär is the reality.
If we get Mathieu indeed, then the Vertonghen-deal is off imho. Vertonghen offers the same capabilities as Mathieu (can play CB and LB), doesn't fit the profile that we're looking for I think: young RCB that can also play RB.

Has Schar already played RB before too?

Bertus

If we get Mathieu indeed, then the Vertonghen-deal is off imho. Vertonghen offers the same capabilities as Mathieu (can play CB and LB), doesn't fit the profile that we're looking for I think: young RCB that can also play RB.

Has Schar already played RB before too?
Ya, it's dead for Vertonghen.

It's not as if it even started to be honest. As pointed by many people here, dealing with Levy is a pain.

To Levy, everyone can be sold for the price he thinks is right. That does mean asking other clubs to overpay by a lot.

He would never have sold Vertonghen for 20M given how the current market is. Try 40M and maybe he would listen, and even that's not sure.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Most people would probably be happy for signing Mathieu if he wasn't one of the ugliest footballers around.

L

linetty

Most people would probably be happy for signing Mathieu if he wasn't one of the ugliest footballers around.
One of the ugliest?

fransa-li-jeremy-mathieu-10170.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans