Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espenfk

If we get Mathieu and Hummels, and sell Bojan, song and Afellay, i'd be happy with this transferwindow! But if we sell Alves and xavi as well, i think we need another signing! Mabye cuadrado, he can play offensive RB, as well as MF

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
No to Cuadrado. We had a chance for Kroos, but it didn't happen. Shame could have gotten him for 30M

He wants to be paid at a level similar to Iniesta. No way would that have worked.

We really ought to get another rightback. If anything for cover if Alves leaves. Maybe Lucho can bring his Celta man, Hugo Mallo, here? He looked promising before his knee injury against RM.

Tomchin

No to Cuadrado. We had a chance for Kroos, but it didn't happen. Shame could have gotten him for 30M
Don't see how we can fit in Rakitic, Iniesta and Kroos in a 2-men midfield, and also keep Rafinha happy. They're gambling on Rafinha, and I think it's the wise choice, I don't want to see a Thiago 2.0 case.

Neymessi

Players we are linked with to strengthen the defence: Mathieu, Marquinhos & freaking Blind. Hopefully Sport are just clueless as usual because Blind isn't even a centre back.

Is cuadrado a RB?If players were considered for their usual poistion masch would never have been cdm.Sport is crap but its not a surprise that our board is going for blind as CB.

Don't see how we can fit in Rakitic, Iniesta and Kroos in a 2-men midfield, and also keep Rafinha happy. They're gambling on Rafinha, and I think it's the wise choice, I don't want to see a Thiago 2.0 case.

The answer is injuries and depth.

Don't forget Sergi Roberto.

He won't be a starter this season unless he gives an out of the blue performance which I don't think he will.

serghei

We didn't really need Kroos. Mascherano, Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic and Rafinha. 5 players for 2 or 3 spots, depending on the system. Not bad. Form is more important than the number of players you have for each position anyway. Having 3 options for a position, and all 3 players out of form is useless IMO.

The squad is shaping up nicely, except for the CB area wich is still a mess -- we still have time to fix it. But it will be Lucho's job to bring the best out of each player.

Zincubus

Banned
Or if Mathieu is our only CB signing.

As for Blind, I'd hunt our board down if he's bought period. Coz he isn't even a CB.

Mmmmmm

@barcastuff: Mathieu: "I was told I could leave when there's a good bid. That bid has come. This is beneficial for all, I hope to leave in a good way."

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Is it really that hard to get a proper CB? I know that it takes time to get a quality CB, but it surely shouldn't take this long for a backup CB. Why Mathieu? There isn't much future in him and he only played CB last season. Besides, we could've bought him for €10m last summer, now we are going to end up paying double. We're apparently going after Blind as well, who is a LB that can play DM. I don't understand the need to compromise for a position that is essential for the team.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Mathieu: "I was told I could leave when there's a good bid. That bid has come. This is beneficial for all, I hope to leave in a good way."
Mathieu (Valencia): "I can join the biggest club in the world. I hope Valencia and the president understand my situation and start talking."
Mathieu (Valencia): "Valencia have a bid from an important club. This would be a step forward for me and a reward for all my hard work."

Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu (31) has released a public statement asking his club to start transfer talks with Barcelona. [via efe]

Trickykid

We didn't really need Kroos. Mascherano, Busquets, Iniesta, Rakitic and Rafinha. 5 players for 2 or 3 spots, depending on the system. Not bad.

Exactly. Kroos wouldn't be depth - he'd be overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans