Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

Ppl seem to ignore that the only reason his leaving is cause he wants to be paid on the level of Iniesta which only a corporation like Madrid can put up with. But saying "ZOMG Zubi" is easier i guess

Get with the program, man. He's the culprit for all things bad with the world.

serghei

We are comparable to RM in everything related about money. We're becoming more like them with every year that passes. Our signings and RM signings are of the same nature nowadays. We pay big money to buy the best players out there. My guess is we would've tried to bring Kroos if the staff felt he was needed -- but, as things stand, it wasn't the case.

Don't see how we can fit in Rakitic, Iniesta and Kroos in a 2-men midfield, and also keep Rafinha happy. They're gambling on Rafinha, and I think it's the wise choice, I don't want to see a Thiago 2.0 case.

I'm not sure he'd be a Thiago 2.0 under Lucho, even if another midfielder is brought in. Rafinha will get the playing time he deserves, because unlike Tito (who largely ignored an in-form Thiago in favor of an out-of-form Xavi and Cesc), Lucho selects players based on form and merit.

I mean, I can see your point, but the situations aren't exactly the same. Thiago played under a coach for whom seniority and name value were major factors in the lineup selection process, and one who didn't trust youth. Not the case with Rafinha, who'll play under a coach who's basically the opposite in those regards (trusts youth and selects lineups based on form and merit).

Xavi, Rakitic, Iniesta and Rafinha should be enough for our midfield. If Xavi leaves, we'll need to bring in another CM because 3 players for 2 positions isn't enough.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
We are comparable to RM in everything related about money. We're becoming more like them with every year that passes. Our signings and RM signings are of the same nature nowadays. We pay big money to buy the best players out there. My guess is we would've tried to bring Kroos if the staff felt he was needed -- but, as things stand, it wasn't the case.

No way we would have paid his wage demands. Can you imagine how much rift it would cause. Everybody would start demanding more money. A football club is not a company(Except Madrid) where you can pay differential wages so easily. And kroos doesnt even deserve the wages he demands

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We bought Neymar, it was argued that we needed him, we now bought Suarez, since Luis Enrique wanted a mobile 9 and he saw him fit his plans and gave his approval.

Big money transfers, particulary the first one which turned ugly with all the controversies, but we're hardly comparable to Real Madrid. Rosell and this board fucked up big time, more than anyone could have imagined, that's true, but in terms of big money, galactico signings, we're not even close to Real Madrid and probably never will.

Neymessi

This.We can no longer say that RM is just a money oriented club and we have principles and all now.We are on almost the same level in terms of spending money and wages and kroos could have easily been afforded had our board really wanted him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's already 22 years old ... and we haven't seen him the last season, that's why I think we should get a replacement of Xavi ;)

If we want to bring another midfielder then we'll do so next time, if we're not screwed over with a transfer ban AND Gundogan gets back to his old self, then I can see us getting him next summer IF they want another midfielder, but for now, lets put our trust in Rafinha and Rakitic.

serghei

We bought Neymar, it was argued that we needed him, we now bought Suarez, since Luis Enrique wanted a mobile 9 and he saw him fit his plans and gave his approval.

Big money transfers, particulary the first one which turned ugly with all the controversies, but we're hardly comparable to Real Madrid. Rosell and this board fucked up big time, more than anyone could have imagined, that's true, but in terms of big money, galactico signings, we're not even close to Real Madrid and probably never will.

Neymar and Suarez are signings that could've been made very well by RM. And us could have payed 100m. for Bale also. Hell, we payed 84-85 for a player 6-7 years older.

Agreed. I doubt we would push out our best player of the past season to replace him with a shiny new toy, like RM are doing with Di Maria and Kroos. We can spend big, but we don't do it like Madrid.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
This.We can no longer say that RM is just a money oriented club and we have principles and all now.We are on almost the same level in terms of spending money and wages and kroos could have easily been afforded had our board really wanted him.

???

Yes, we bought Neymar last year. But RM bought Bale, Illaramendi, and Isco.

We bought Suarez, Rakitic, MATS, and Bravo this year. But we've also sold Sanchez and Cesc, and we've let go of heavy earners in Valdes, Puyol, and, perhaps, Xavi.

serghei

Exactly. We are turning into a corporate-team. That may be sad and all, but it's true. Whether this is just a phase brought by this board, or the way forward we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans