Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
There's a guy called Benatia, someone should remind them of that. 60M, I don't care, just buy him FFS.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Yet again, lets go for Inigo! Like I said yesterday, any discussion of players like Hummels, Benatia and Marcos are wastes of time because they aren't coming to the club. Period.

We need to start thinking outside the proverbial box on who we target from here forward as we will not be able to sign a big name CB, they will ask for too much money and our board will balk. I am honestly getting annoyed that we keep dilly dallying with this Mathieu transfer, even though I think we can do better, he'll be better than Mascherano at CB.

Mussachio, Inigo or even Javi Martinez (remembered him being available for 40 million waaayy earlier this summer), Vertonghen, Godin, there are other solid CBs available that would be good additions to the team. Those are who we should be targeting as "back ups" not fucking impossible targets like Hummels.

BTW @Bertus, don't let these trolls on here get you down, I really appreciate all of your posts about Marcos and keeping us up to date with the French reports. I don't mind what PSG are trying to do and after all, you gave us the man who helped us get our groove back in 2002! I really miss Ronaldinho...

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Yet again, lets go for Inigo! Like I said yesterday, any discussion of players like Hummels, Benatia and Marcos are wastes of time because they aren't coming to the club. Period.

We need to start thinking outside the proverbial box on who we target from here forward as we will not be able to sign a big name CB, they will ask for too much money and our board will balk. I am honestly getting annoyed that we keep dilly dallying with this Mathieu transfer, even though I think we can do better, he'll be better than Mascherano at CB.

Mussachio, Inigo or even Javi Martinez (remembered him being available for 40 million waaayy earlier this summer), Vertonghen, Godin, there are other solid CBs available that would be good additions to the team. Those are who we should be targeting as "back ups" not fucking impossible targets like Hummels.

BTW @Bertus, don't let these trolls on here get you down, I really appreciate all of your posts about Marcos and keeping us up to date with the French reports. I don't mind what PSG are trying to do and after all, you gave us the man who helped us get our groove back in 2002! I really miss Ronaldinho...

Mussachio and Vertonghen are the only ones I won't mind. Plus Atletico aren't gonna let Godin go after Miranda leaves

PaulFCB

Banned
Benatia apart from the big ass fee Roma has set for him, wants a big ass salary, he'll probably end up playing in the Gulf Area soon.

Neymessi

Why are we pulling out of the race to buy Hummels ?? It's been reported that only ManU are chasing him now .
Just media nonsense ?

Manu are chasing him for sure.No doubt about that.Viadal reus and hummels are vaan gaal's 3 main transfer priorities.If hummels goes to manu then whatever sport,md,as,marca say it will mean that we did not even bid for hummels.No disrespect for manu but no way hummels would join manu had barca bid for him.

zanela

Iñigo hasn't developed as expected. Bartra has always managed to outshine him on the Intl youth level, despite not playing as regularly for his club. The Euro u21 final was one to forgot for the soceidad man. Of what I've seen of him, he mistimes his tackles, and his reading of the game leaves a lot to be desired. Add to the fact his club are tough negociators. They sold Illarramendi for big money, and milked every penny out of us for the 31 y.o Bravo. They'll not let go of Iñigo for anything less than his release clause (£30m if my source is right). And I don't think we'd be willing to pay that.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Iñigo hasn't developed as expected. Bartra has always managed to outshine him on the Intl youth level, despite not playing as regularly for his club. The Euro u21 final was one to forgot for the soceidad man. Of what I've seen of him, he mistimes his tackles, and his reading of the game leaves a lot to be desired. Add to the fact his club are tough negociators. They sold Illarramendi for big money, and milked every penny out of us for the 31 y.o Bravo. They'll not let go of Iñigo for anything less than his release clause (£30m if my source is right). And I don't think we'd be willing to pay that.

I won't disagree with you on that he had a season to forget last season but I think that had more to do with his age. He is still pretty young and raw but he has that fighting spirit inside of him and that's what I like about him. He would be a long term project and I think in about two years time, he'd be exactly what we want. I mean Pique had a tournament to forget as well this summer, yet he will most likely be our #1 CB this season.

I'd prefer Mussachio or Vertonghen but I think Inigo would be a solid pick up, and regarding his release clause, 32-35 million Euros is better than throwing 40 million+ for Marcos, and at least we'd be able to for sure get him, unlike Marcos.

Marcos isn't a bad player at all and wouldn't be a bad fit here but he isn't the end all be all that Zubi and co. make him out to be. Particularly since PSG seem unwilling to negotiate a deal for him, even though he wants to leave.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If they are willing to go this far for Marquinhos and with the suggestion of paying 30m buyout for Iñigo, We should have just paid Laporte's 36m release clause then before it was increased.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So if they don't wanna pay Mathieu's release clause then both our main targets are off.

Wonder who they'll go for then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans