Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwiftGuyver

42m for Laporte wouldn't be too bad now IMO.

he is MUCH better than Marquinhos & Iñigo and if he avoids serious injury could be our CB for the next decade.

just pay the buyout, keep things simple and get it done so we can focus on preparing for the new season. we are rubbish at negotiating anyway!

i_bleed_blaugrana

I totally forgot about Laporte!

I mean yeah, at this point, pay the fucking 42 million and we are done. We don't need 2 CBs with him, he has the ability to strengthen our back line now (main reason why we are interested in Mathieu) and he is very young (main reason why we are going for Marcos)...

We honestly need a direct line to Zubi, we'd make his job so much easier lol....

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
If we do go after Laporte, I can imagine Athletic Bilbao being bitchy about it. Understandable though, given their transfer policy.

SwiftGuyver

There's taxes to be paid on top of it, will be much more than 42

yeah of course but he's worth it IMO.

in this current inflated market and considering how desperate we are for CB reinforcements i say pull the trigger. he is still only 20 years old so the same age as Marquinhos but he's better and has La Liga experience. he is destined to partner Varane for the French national team in the next year or so IMO. we might not be able to buy anyone next summer so we really need to make this window count and Laporte could be a starter for the next 10 years or so for us. if he avoids serious injury it could work out as a great deal for us.

Piqué, Bartra, Laporte & possibly another older, cheap CB and we're set.

SpawN

738315_20140717100245.jpg

Galning

Players we are linked with to strengthen the defence: Mathieu, Marquinhos & freaking Blind. Hopefully Sport are just clueless as usual because Blind isn't even a centre back.

Espenfk

I think barcelona are buying Mathieu just to be safe, so they have a new CB, then they are going for the real CB signing, or at least i hope so!

Read that barcelona and Valencia are close to an agreement, and that Mathieu can join barcelona in the coming days

i_bleed_blaugrana

Don't rule out Bartra though, if we don't get a big name CB, that's good for him. He is right on the verge of having that breakout season to pushes him from good to great and honestly Bartra-Pique really is a lot more solid than people give it credit for.

Trickykid

Don't rule out Bartra though, if we don't get a big name CB, that's good for him. He is right on the verge of having that breakout season to pushes him from good to great and honestly Bartra-Pique really is a lot more solid than people give it credit for.

Yup, I agree. Being a fan of Mathieu, I can easily see him and Bartra accompany Piqué. One more CB is needed for depth of course, but considering the latest words from the board, I have no doubt we'll get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans