Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howes

They'll surely confirm Reina and maybe Ter Segan as joining after the season. Actually that'll be the perfect cover for not signing a defender :(

LMessi85

What needs to happen before we finally get some players that we need??? Bayern is a great example of a team that has almost 2 real quality players per position. When i see Bayern and see Thiago i feel sad that he left Barca.

Howes

January is never the easiest time to sign quality. A lot of teams don't want to lose there best players mid season, and other price players to high, others are cup tied :(

Zincubus

Banned
There have been some amazing examples of Jan window successes though.

Off the top of my head I seem to recall Liverpool bought Saurez in the Jan window ... maybe wrong on him BUT there ARE some top deals to be done .

Howes

There have been some amazing examples of Jan window successes though.

Off the top of my head I seem to recall Liverpool bought Saurez in the Jan window ... maybe wrong on him BUT there ARE some top deals to be done .

Good point, although the counter point would be Liverpool signing Andy Carroll in the same window :)

Alarcón

Josep Maria Bartomeu says we are not signing anyone in January.

Are you nuts??? When do they finally acknowledge our problems??:shakeshead:

Source: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2013/12/04/barcelona-havent-made-sergio-aguero-move-josep-maria-bartomeu/111438/

Well, who should we get? Most world class players right now are cup tied and the Champions League is where we need them most. Off the top of my head, Suárez and Gündogan are the only ones I can think of who are not cup tied and would really improve the team.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well, who should we get? Most world class players right now are cup tied and the Champions League is where we need them most. Off the top of my head, Suárez and Gündogan are the only ones I can think of who are not cup tied and would really improve the team.

Mehdi Benatia of Roma or Kurt Zouma of St Ettiene for centerback.

Zincubus

Banned
Good point, although the counter point would be Liverpool signing Andy Carroll in the same window :)

There is also the recent examples of Ba & Cisse to Newcastle and Evre to Man United a while back . Hengeland to Fulham ( defensive rock) .
Cahill to Chelsea the list goes on .....

Howes

Cisse hasn't scored in 20 or so games ? And the same window Chelsea wasted £50mil on Torres and £25mil on Luiz

TBH people go for the 'panic buy' in January but I guess it's fair to say some transfers are successful and other aren't :)

Zincubus

Banned
You've glossed over Saurez who scored another FOUR goals tonight .....Luiz is valued at £35 million so hardly a waste . Cisse and Ba have both suffered through lack of chances .

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Luiz is valued at £35 million so hardly a waste . Cisse and Ba have both suffered through lack of chances .

Transfermarkt is perhaps not the best site, but they value him at £25.5m and that should be his max price.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Which IMHO, would be a complete waste. You do not pay that much for a player who is better off as a DM and only shine occasionally when he has a certain Thiago Silva saving his ass in the Brazil team :p

i_bleed_blaugrana

Luiz was a big reason why Chelsea frustrated Bayern for so long in the CL final. He put it in a shift and was emmense defensively. While at times he does have mental lapses (big man syndrome) he always elevates his game on the big occasions.

The fact that at times at Chelsea he has looked better as a DM than a CB is testament to his versatility and quality on the ball.

I would argue that he at times struggled as a CB at Chelsea had more to do with their overall style. He is much more suited to play a high line style while Chelsea always drop deep.

Personally, I think Luiz would is a perfect fit. He is great in the air and is much more athletic than Masch. I think he complements both Bartra and Piqué nicely and could also be deployed as a defensive fullback.

I know a lot of you will disagree with me on Luiz which is fine. I just think he would do well here. Especially since Mou doesn't want him, I say why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans