Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zincubus

Banned
If it's true about Roma selling Benatia to balance the books ...we should go all out to get the guy , I reckon ,then get Mathieu as a backup as well

SwiftGuyver

if Blind is coming in to replace Adriano & Song as a utility/squad player covering LB & DM then i'm ok with the transfer...

if he's being signed as a CB then :angry:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Sign Blind as Adriano replacement and give Adraino+money for Benatia. As simple as that. I would like Hummels or some proven World class CB but none are available, will be happy with Benatia and Blind.

Neeraj

Right, so Mathieu is 31 (29th of October 83) and Luis, as you phrase it, isn't even 29 yet (August 9, 85). Ya, way to bend fucking reality and logic to further your point, buddy.

Anyhow, the Luis and Mathieu transfers are hardly comparable. We don't need a LB starter, we need a utility man who can play both LB and CB. Mathieu can exactly that. Is his value 20M? No, not by usual standards, but we all know how screwed we are, and the opposition clubs knows as well. Hence our predicament. We pay up, or we move on. Simple as.

Oh, and one more thing. You argue that Mathieu can't possibly be good enough, because he's not on the NT. Using that (dumbass) logic, why don't you feel to mention Luis' current national team status?

Right, so i got his age wrong. My bad. Granted, he's only a year younger then, not as big of a deal, but still counts. As for the national team debate, i mentioned it because i assumed everybody here knows the stupidity that is scolari. Everybody has been mentioning how ridiculous his team selection was, especially the exclusion of Luis. None of that about Mathieu though. He isn't really looked at seriously for the national team, and no, there was no scolari heading the national team, and nor were any sort of vehement calls for him to be included in the national team.

I don't say it's a black and white matter of national team guy> non national team guy always, but I think it's one way of looking at the transfer and what one could expect to pay for someone like him. Adriano is a very good example someone brought up, but I ask you, how much do you think we could sell him for exactly? I can bet my house nothing close to 20 million. (And yes, he is one of my favorite players in our squad)

Also, if you read the post a little more carefully without jumping to conclusions before understanding my point (which you clearly don't seem to have done), I'm not even saying he's a bad player. I mentioned I think he's a good player, but the 20 million figure is what I'm miffed about. You mentioned that Luis and Jeremy aren't comparable cause one's a starter and one's more of a stopgap sort of fill the hole player, and yet the designated starter is going for less than the other? That furthers my point.

L

linetty

Sport and MD are so full of shit, they just just copypaste their daily shit about Cuadrado, Mathieu and now Blind :)facepalm:).

cat radio is one to follow, they claim we are scouting some youngster from Sao Paulo. That seems more reasonable.

Chainsaw

Killahead
So Barca want to spend 20m for Mathieu as CB and 22m for Blind as LB? Just get a younger and cheaper Rojo to cover both positions.

khaled_a_d

if Blind is coming in to replace Adriano & Song as a utility/squad player covering LB & DM then i'm ok with the transfer...

if he's being signed as a CB then :angry:

I sense that he will be their to replace Song & Adriano as you said,but in that case he will move Mascherano permenantly to CB again
So Mathiu is a CB&LB in that case Mascherano is a DM,Blind is a DM&LB and in that case mascherano is a CB .
If this is the case I am not against Blind as long as we get another quality CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans