Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron101

Courtois is still worth the money if we just push to get him.

- La Liga experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Talented and better than Ter Stegen

Another thing is... he's the no.1 GK for Belgium and will be in the 2014 World Cup. He can also be their no. 1 GK for the next 2 world cups. That's an additional experience in the big matches.

Xavinho

- La Liga experience
- Fluent in Spanish

Another thing is... he's the no.1 GK for Belgium and will be in the 2014 World Cup. He can also be their no. 1 GK for the next 2 world cups. That's an additional experience in the big matches.
Agree. Put Song and bag of cash on a plane to London. Or use Reina for a season until Courtois's contract runs down. I was never a big Pepe fan but he won me over with his performances for Napoli this season. Looks revitalized after escaping from Liverpool

impeh

Hi, its me..

- La Liga experience
- Fluent in Spanish

would be perfect, chelsea would be stupid to let him go though, theyll probably just loan him to atleti until cech decides to leave

aaron101

Yeah Reina is quality as a 2nd GK for cup games. We can also keep Pinto for another season or promote him as a GK assistant coach.

20-25M for Courtois is worth the money because he's young and experienced. We can have him for 10 years.

I hate those comments about Courtois that he's not good with his feet. He can just acquire that skill at Barca. People are insisting that our next GK should be good with his feet as if he's gonna play as CM or CB. Their primary requirement is to block shots on goal not to pass. With Pinto guiding our new GK, he will be able to learn those things.

Cule4life

The Culest
After what happened with Thiago Silva im amazed people still dream about Courtois. Mou will not let him anywhere near Barca. Its not like we are getting absolute garbage in Ter Stegen. Ter Stegen has very high potential and im convinces he will be a success here.

aaron101

That's because Thiago Silva never wanted to be here because of low salary. If a player wants to get out of his team, he can get out of the team. Specially Courtois who's contract is nearing it's expiration and doesn't have the assurance to be the no. 1 GK for Chelsea. He has the leverage on this situation.

You won't get players if you won't try. Make him our 1st priority and Ter Stegen as 2nd. Simple as that.

Mou can't control this situation. If he can't assure Courtois to be the no.1 GK, he will surely stay permanently on Atletico or come at Barca.

If we really can't get him then I'm fine with Ter Stegen. It's just that I want the board to try and get Courtois before we go with Ter Stegen

Last edited:

desoe

It's a fucked up situation for Chelsea, because Courtois will never become their #1 for the next few years. Cech is still 31 and this is the age when goalies are actually peaking. I still don't understand the technical reasons why they bought him in first place. This situation was ALWAYS going to happen. The only profit they could make of Courtois is the financial one.

They never needed a young GK, not in this moment. All they needed was someone like Mark Schwarzer for a backup and they got him.

Cule4life

The Culest
Courtois has a contract till 2016. We tried to get an unimportant Chelsea player like Luiz. Look how that turned out. No way in hell is Mou selling Cech's heir to us.

I agree we should try to get him. But im so disillusioned with our incompetent management that if they go after Courtois they might forget about Ter Stegen or adopt a "Courtois or no one else" policy and we might end up with Reina only

aaron101

Courtois has a contract till 2016. We tried to get an unimportant Chelsea player like Luiz. Look how that turned out. No way in hell is Mou selling Cech's heir to us.

I agree we should try to get him. But im so disillusioned with our incompetent management that if they go after Courtois they might forget about Ter Stegen or adopt a "Courtois or no one else" policy and we might end up with Reina only

That's the biggest problem with our board. If they can't get their no. 1 or 2 prioriy, they don't get at all. Like what happened with Thiago Silva. It's like, if we can't get the best, we won't get anyone.

I agree with you on Mourinho thingy but if Courtois force to get out then there's nothing Chelsea can do. It's either they sell Cech or let go of Courtois or even loan him again to Atletico for another season.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I think Chelsea never thought Courtois progress this fast. Now he's going to be a headache for 'em to deal with.

Galning

We spent our entire transfer budget on Neymar. Thiago Silva was one of the biggest media campaigns ever. He was never going to come, Barça just wanted to show that they were trying to sign a topclass CB.

Courtois might be possible but a lot depends on the player. If he pushes for a move Mourinho cannot stop him. I know he threatened not to send him out on loan again if he doesn't renew his contract but how many times has a club actually held a player against his will?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
With Mourinho you never know man... that batsard has benched the saint Casillas for crying out loud!

Irish_Cules

It would make more sense for them to sell Cech but its hard to do given his status at the club. They can only keep this Courtois loan thing going for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans