Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Rather than paying over 40M I will be happy to trust Bartra and Montoya.

It's not as if PSG accepted 40M euros anyways. Apparently french medias try to get infos, but it's as if Nasser didn't even read that email/fax with the barca offer. It's like it's not even discussed around PSG HQ here.

Wonder what spanish medias will publish.

edit: that or Barcelona didnt send any offer yet.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
It's not as if PSG accepted 40M euros anyways. Apparently french medias try to get infos, but it's as if Nasser didn't even read that email/fax with the barca offer. It's like it's not even discussed around PSG HQ here.

Wonder what spanish medias will publish.

MD will be like PSG refuse to negotiate... Barca is angry.... Marcos wants to leave.... Barca depending on Marcos forcing his way out... Same old statements over and over again. And many people who read that paper will actually believe that :facepalm: and after transfer window they will blame zubi for not signing him.

Galning

And Galning, ignoring the fact that Gibbs is a decent player, shit at LB ≠ shit at CB. Not to mention playing all 3 of your CBs at the same time is pretty risky.

Got benched by Van Buyten too, at centre back. I don't even want to discuss this, you obviously rate him. I don't.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Not so sure about Montoya, but if it's Cuadrado we are going to buy then definitely.

Yeah if our target is cuadrado then trusting Montoya is the best option. But we need an RB though as Dani alves contract expiring next summer, unless le development goes like munir this year we are in serious trouble with a probable transfer ban for next 2 windows.

Pepe Silvia

Rather than paying over 40M I will be happy to trust Bartra and Montoya.
While you are mostly correct, it's not so much about trusting the players quality but rather about squad depth. I still have lingering doubts about Montoya and somewhat with Bartra although he has performed pretty clutch when called upon.

The point is that one CB injury could upset our run in competitions and we need to have some peace of mind at the back for once in a very long while. 40m or not, it will be a worthwhile investment to grab another quality CB (the market is hopelessly inflated and we are pigeon-holed in a desperate scenario so no sense in complaining about fees or negotiating we just need to man up and do it).

Trafalgar

Main option Marquinhos (PSG) and alternatives Vertonghen (Tottenham) and Vermaelen (Arsenal) are the remaining centre back options. [sport]

If this is true, and those are the only options... Subotic not even being considered. Maybe because of his injury... Barça's scouting needs improvement.

BVB don't sell their stars so easily ...

Bertus

BVB don't sell their stars so easily ...
That makes no sense.

People say barcelona doesn't try benatia because he's not for sale, so Barcelona leaves them alone.

People say barcelona doesn't try Subotic because BvB doesn't sell its stars, so Barcelona leaves them alone.

Nasser could tag a giant announcement on the Champs Elysées saying "Marcos is not for sale", Barcelona would keep harrassing him.

Conclusion: It's not that Roma and BvB say No, it's just Barcelona not even considering Hummels, Subotic or Benatia and only focusing on Marquinhos.

Icarium

Lifestealer
While you are mostly correct, it's not so much about trusting the players quality but rather about squad depth. I still have lingering doubts about Montoya and somewhat with Bartra although he has performed pretty clutch when called upon.

The point is that one CB injury could upset our run in competitions and we need to have some peace of mind at the back for once in a very long while. 40m or not, it will be a worthwhile investment to grab another quality CB (the market is hopelessly inflated and we are pigeon-holed in a desperate scenario so no sense in complaining about fees or negotiating we just need to man up and do it).

Yeah squad depth is really good when we are competing for CL. But the thing is our targets are wrong. If we put aside the fact that psg not willing to sell we don't know how Marcos will turn out. He had a good season at Roma (surprisingly every defender does well at Roma I am starting to think they are not that great it is just the system) and at psg he did okay when TS was injured but after that he could not keep his place and lost to Alex I think. He is definitely not worth 40M. We have Mathieu bartra pique and masch, that is okay a CB addition would be nice but I don't think buying Marcos for 40-50M is good. It will be a gamble, but if we really can't find other targrets i will be okay with the gamble.

But cuadrado god fucking no. He is not even a RB. Could have just kept Alexis who can actually defend.

Mitchell1978

Yeah, but you can't say, "Oh he's such a scrub, he was benched by Mertesacker and Koscielny," since they're both really good that's not a valid reason. That's like saying, "Oh, Pedro is terrible because he can't start over Messi, Neymar and Suarez."

Vermaelen should have started at Arsenal imo over one of Mertesacke and Koscielny, at least when he's fully fit, Wenger hardly gave him a chance at cb the last season.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Wenger didn't really give too many chances, that's true, but Koscielny and Mertesacker work brilliantly together, Vermaelen isn't quite as good in tandem with Mertesacker and he and Koscielny just generally doesn't work.

Neymessi

That makes no sense.

People say barcelona doesn't try benatia because he's not for sale, so Barcelona leaves them alone.

People say barcelona doesn't try Subotic because BvB doesn't sell its stars, so Barcelona leaves them alone.

Nasser could tag a giant announcement on the Champs Elysées saying "Marcos is not for sale", Barcelona would keep harrassing him.

Conclusion: It's not that Roma and BvB say No, it's just Barcelona not even considering Hummels, Subotic or Benatia and only focusing on Marquinhos.

chances are that there has not been a clear cut "NO" from PSG and so barca keep trying with improved bids and whatnot.

Bertus

chances are that there has not been a clear cut "NO" from PSG and so barca keep trying with improved bids and whatnot.

There was. Just like last year.

People should get over it. They want Marquinhos and will try and try again till success or fail. They don't care about PSG's opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans