Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Alves will on Tuesday meet with Luis Enrique, who will confirm he doesn't count on him for this season. Coach wants to sign Cuadrado [sport]

I hope Lucho knows what he is doing.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Not necessarily.

Luftstalag is just being his usual pessimistic self. But I really don't see how Reus would fit in to our setup. That's not to say that I don't want him here because if we don't take him, then somebody else might.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Luftstalag is just being his usual pessimistic self. But I really don't see how Reus would fit in to our setup. That's not to say that I don't want him here because if we don't take him, then somebody else might.

We don't have a place for him. He is a great player and one of my favourite ones, but we simply can't afford to have him in the team without sacrificing all balance whatsoever.

Bertus

What should be nice is that the board should care about the current window before thinking about next year.

Dunno how to feel about those rumors that Lucho still really wants Cuadrado as RB. Especially at the asked fee.

Bertus

Okay, first thing first - I never said PSG is the reason for the inflated market, what I said is PSG made a couple of mistakes by overpaying for players who were not worth anywhere near the fees. And just because PSG did that doesn't mean all other big clubs should make the same mistake. Don't misunderstand me, I am not trying to attack you or PSG.

Now, Musachhio is a good young CB and he had a very good season. But that doesn't mean he should go for 40-50m€. That kind of money only goes for superstar defenders even that is very rare. Look at Alexis Sanchez for example, he had a great season, had a great WC and Arsenal was in need of a great attacker. But did they buy him for 55-60m or Barca ask 60m for him ? No. 20m+ is a very good price for defenders. Even Barca made a mistake paying 20m for Mathieu, but we were desperate to sign a CB so overpaid a few millions. Now, Barca is not that desperate and there are multiple other options (may be not very young but pretty good) available within 25m€. I still maintain 20-22m€ is pretty good money for Musachhio, and for a club like Villareal with so much financial problem, that is significant.

What you misunderstood since the beginning is that I am not opposed at all to "good" deals. I just not believe it can still happen when it is about a CB, that's all.

People were adamant that there was no way barca would pay 20M for Mathieu, yet they did, because they can't do otherwise if the selling club doesn't plan to lower the fees. And Barcelona being pressured against the wall sure played a part in that.

Whatever if it's 10M or 50M, i'd be happy if they manage to sign Musacchio. I'm at the point that i don't care about the fee, i just want Barcelona to have a solid defense for the upcoming season.

nathael

What should be nice is that the board should care about the current window before thinking about next year.

Dunno how to feel about those rumors that Lucho still really wants Cuadrado as RB. Especially at the asked fee.

+1. Reus is a fantastic player and with Iniesta not getting younger a possible heir for the future, but we have to solve our defensive issues first. And Cuadrado is not a solution in my opinion.

zanela

There were rumours suggesting Barca were interested in Antonio Rüdiger.

As per his profile, he's young, tall and versatile (CB/RB/DM). He'd come cheap I suppose. Does anyone who's watched the player throw some light on him?

Egert

Estonian Culé
Bartomeu (president): "Transfer window isn't over yet, it ends on 31 August. I think we still have some things left to do this summer."

That's the spirit!

F

Flavia

Wenger (coach Arsenal): "Vermaelen could leave? At the moment, Thomas is here, but it could happen, yes it's a possibility that he goes."
Wenger: "I expect Vermaelen to stay. For me he's a very important player but I couldn’t guarantee him the games he wanted last year."

He must be salivating with the rumors of Barça wanting Vermaelen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans