Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Chelsea have had the best summer so far. We aren't close behind, Ivan, Suarez and both GKs have been great additions but the quality they got at the prices they bought them for has been nothing short of masterful. Particularly dumping off DL for a cool 50 million before his value plummeted. They easily could have and should have paid something close to that region for either Fabregas or Costa and they got both at a fraction of their cost.

As much as I hate to say it, Mourinho has been $$ with his transfer policy this summer. Hasn't made a bad move and has gotten world class additions in each area of the pitch.

All I'm saying is that for what we paid for both of Verm and Mathieu, we could have gotten someone truly world class at the back which is what we needed.

M

maxmss

All I'm saying is that for what we paid for both of Verm and Mathieu, we could have gotten someone truly world class at the back which is what we needed.

And which world class CB you would get for 35 mil?(benatia and Hummels are not valid answers).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wonder what they're gonna do with the rest of the funds if we go cheap and get Vermaelen, but don't go after Cuadrado?

Neeraj

Chelsea have had the best summer so far. We aren't close behind, Ivan, Suarez and both GKs have been great additions but the quality they got at the prices they bought them for has been nothing short of masterful. Particularly dumping off DL for a cool 50 million before his value plummeted. They easily could have and should have paid something close to that region for either Fabregas or Costa and they got both at a fraction of their cost.

As much as I hate to say it, Mourinho has been $$ with his transfer policy this summer. Hasn't made a bad move and has gotten world class additions in each area of the pitch.

Yup, it pains me greatly to see Chelsea. Their transfer window has been the one that you can only dream about at Barca. Off loading a loser for a preposterous amount, selling Lukaku for a very high amount to everton, and of course, not paying some astronomical figure for Costa, who was one of the top strikers in Europe last season. Oh and IMO, they got the best LB in the world currently in Luis. I think he's a monster - and they got him at a cut rate price. The part that irks me the most is Fabregas of course. I wanted him to leave, but come on, when we make shitty sales people go on about 'oh, nobody wanted him, his salary was too much, he was too old, not good' etc etc. Here we had someone all of EPL wanted, a player who wasn't particularly leaving in distress, a player at his peak age, to add to that you have CHELSEA and MOU, an absolutely scumbag of a club and manager with OODLES of $$$, and we don't even make them sweat? The transfer was SO smooth, it's like they came, they saw, they took. There was hardly any saga involving price negotiation or any stalls.

Chelsea and mow would make us BEG and BLEED for any player, never mind someone as important as Fabregas. But we just seemed more than happy to take their offer and making it a hassle free deal for them. That's just annoying.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I wonder what they're gonna do with the rest of the funds if we go cheap and get Vermaelen, but don't go after Cuadrado?

I hope we attempt to sign a right wingback/fullback.

One of the AS Monaco youngsters or Porto's Danilo would be good targets.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Yup, it pains me greatly to see Chelsea. Their transfer window has been the one that you can only dream about at Barca. Off loading a loser for a preposterous amount, selling Lukaku for a very high amount to everton, and of course, not paying some astronomical figure for Costa, who was one of the top strikers in Europe last season. Oh and IMO, they got the best LB in the world currently in Luis. I think he's a monster - and they got him at a cut rate price. The part that irks me the most is Fabregas of course. I wanted him to leave, but come on, when we make shitty sales people go on about 'oh, nobody wanted him, his salary was too much, he was too old, not good' etc etc. Here we had someone all of EPL wanted, a player who wasn't particularly leaving in distress, a player at his peak age, to add to that you have CHELSEA and MOU, an absolutely scumbag of a club and manager with OODLES of $$$, and we don't even make them sweat? The transfer was SO smooth, it's like they came, they saw, they took. There was hardly any saga involving price negotiation or any stalls.

Chelsea and mow would make us BEG and BLEED for any player, never mind someone as important as Fabregas. But we just seemed more than happy to take their offer and making it a hassle free deal for them. That's just annoying.
Cesc only wanted to go to london, and arsenal didn't want him back. It was chelsea or chelsea, there was nothing to do. No point in keeping a player who wanted to leave, and asked the president to help him leave. so in the end it was the best solution.

i_bleed_blaugrana

For 33m euros? No, there is no world class cb available for that cheap.

...okay tack on a whopping 2 million and you match Mangala's price. Extra 10 and we have Laporte. Instead of playing semantics, see my point: instead of throwing money at stop gaps, just splash for a real CB. It's not that hard, if we can spend 88 on fucking Suarez, we can throw extra money, whether its a fair price or not bc we won't get fair prices for high demand players.

We are settling big time on the CBs we are trying to get and I just don't get it. We are extremely top heavy and I don't get why we are settling for who we are getting. It's like settling for a Volvo when we can easily afford a Lambo.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
...okay tack on a whopping 2 million and you match Mangala's price. Extra 10 and we have Laporte. Instead of playing semantics, see my point: instead of throwing money at stop gaps, just splash for a real CB. It's not that hard, if we can spend 88 on fucking Suarez, we can throw extra money, whether its a fair price or not bc we won't get fair prices for high demand players.

We are settling big time on the CBs we are trying to get and I just don't get it. We are extremely top heavy and I don't get why we are settling for who we are getting. It's like settling for a Volvo when we can easily afford a Lambo.

We spent 80 on Suarez. :p

Neeraj

Cesc only wanted to go to london, and arsenal didn't want him back. It was chelsea or chelsea, there was nothing to do. No point in keeping a player who wanted to leave, and asked the president to help him leave. so in the end it was the best solution.

Well, yeah, maybe it was only Chelsea, but surely, you would think, that in this kind of a market where average players are hitting the 30 mn mark, people with potential are marked at 50-60 mn, an established player, said to be one of the best midfielders of the world, surely we could have gotten more, my point being it seemed the transfer went too smoothly that's all. It's just painful to see that scumbag get what he wanted without having to sweat even a bit. Anyway it's done now, and I think till something changes with the board and the management whenever the next elections are held, we should stop expecting us to be very prudent in the market and just aim for as much footballing success as our team can get.

Also, now that it has been mentioned here Verm is almost done, here's to hoping our medical staff can work some magic and he gets back to being a solid defender! If it doesn't work out that way, we should sign a deal with the devil to drag us down to the inferno if we ever think about dealing with Arsenal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans