Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebc_99

Overall it has been a great summer, with 2 GK, 2CB, 1CM and Suarez as well as Rafina and Deulofeu that gives us 8 new players and a new coach compared to last year.

Very optimistic about our chances this year in La Liga and Europe. I don't think any other team has strengthen like we have, we were short in 2 areas that we have now improved on massively. Real have not really strengthened, Kroos and James are good players but not sure they improve them especially if they let Di Maria leave.

I think Chelsea look good with their signings but I that we have strengthened better than any other team.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Now we just need a solid right back. Shame Cuadrado might not come and if he did he's suspect defensively.

Maybe Lucho can get the best out of dani this season?

serghei

Now we just need a solid right back. Shame Cuadrado might not come and if he did he's suspect defensively.

Maybe Lucho can get the best out of dani this season?

It's not that absurd to expect that. We look better at the back then last season. The problem is that other teams have become better too. Should be an interesting season.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pique was very bad at united and played very well for barca. Maybe Vermaelen will improve and become a starting material who knows? But i won't hold my breath that is for sure. I just hope Bartra is the real deal then it will ease our problems a bit. We need a young promising if academy grads are not good enough. But for now our defense problem was solved until some extent.

KhaledBarca

Guess we have to say, Welcome Vermaelen. He's not that bad, at one point before his injuries he was really good but too injury prone. Let's hope it has to do with Arsenal medical team. Almost all Arsenal players suffer from regular injuries, Cesc had this problem solved when he joined Barcelona. Let's hope Vermaelen stays fit and he'll then be a good addition!
At least with added two real CBs this summer! Now it Lucho's job to get the best out of them!

We still have around 40m, I think we went for Vermaelen as a 2nd CB because Lucho wants Cuadrado!

Last edited:

Tomchin

Guess we have to say, Welcome Vermaelen. He's not that bad, he's good but too injury prone. Let's hope it has to do with Arsenal medical team. Almost all Arsenal player suffer from regular injuries, Cesc had this problem solved when he joined Barcelona. Let's hope Vermaelen stays fit and he'll then be a good addition!
We still have around 40m, I think we went for Vermaelen as a 2nd CB because Lucho wants Cuadrado!
Cesc had a lot less injuries than Vermaelen at Arsenal

Irish_Cules

Vermaelen and Mathieu are both left sided defenders so perhaps they can't even play together.

You don't have to have a left footed player in the left centre back position. Centre backs are often made up of two right footed players so there's no reason they can't be made up of left footed players.

KhaledBarca

Cesc had a lot less injuries than Vermaelen at Arsenal

not true!

According to @fiazhamsath (data via transfermarket)
Cesc in 3 seasons prior to joining Barça missed 63 games because of injury, while Vermaelen last 3 seasons missed 39 games.
Games Cesc missed in 3 seasons after joining Barça? 7.

With all the injuries he suffered at Arenal, Vermaelen made 150 official appearances in 5 seasons at Arsenal, that's 30 games/season.
We don't need more than 30 games/season, as we have now 4 CBs!

L

linetty

Barcelona will pay 15M plus variables for Arsenal centre back Thomas Vermaelen (28). The Belgian will sign a five-year deal. [ser]

Barcilliant

I thought we were buying starter CB's, now we have 4 centre backs among which no one stands out

The main thing is we have alot of competiton at CB. If someone like Mr SHakira is in daydream mode he WILL be dropped.

I will stick my neck out.........

I think Vermaelan will actually surprise people. Yes, he wasnt among my top ten choices BUT if he stays injury free I think he will be the first choice cb.

His aeriel ability is second to none, he's very quick, tackles well and can score the odd goal.

Lets hope this is a shrewd transfer and not another dud from the Wenger boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans