Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yeez. I was replaying to this:

Think first and see previous comments.

I did see that. Your first sentence was "we don't need another weak cb." You then go on to say "Pizczek is weak." What am I supposed to assume when you say that? Logically, I assume that you mean Pizczek would be a weak cb signing.

Professor Chaos

A little bit my fault. I should write more precise.

Vermaelen is weak, we don't need him and he's not even fit yet. He'll start training in two weeks. And who knows how long he will be fit util he gets another injury.

Piszczek is average RB. Not worth 35 mln €. Not even 20 mln €. Cuadrado is best option for us.

Bertus

A little bit my fault. I should write more precise.

Vermaelen is weak, we don't need him and he's not even fit yet. He'll start training in two weeks. And who knows how long he will be fit util he gets another injury.

Piszczek is average RB. Not worth 35 mln €. Not even 20 mln €. Cuadrado is best option for us.
Even at 50M?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I don't think Pizczek is very average. He was marvelous in the 2010/2011, 2011/2012, and 2012/2013 seasons with Dortmund. Besides, Cuadrado isn't actually a rightback. Of course, he's played all along the right and left wings, and in the center of the field. IMO, he'd be a luxury replacement for Adriano if anything.

ss81bja

All in all i think this transfer window was very fruitful. The only real "failure" was not getting a youngish CB. You must praise the board for the level of urgency they have shown this time...they saw like we all saw what players had to be bought and sold and were mostly successful. Most of the transfers were done with little time wasted. The "capture" of Suarez has to be the highlight ( even though personally i think Suarez will cause some off the field headaches for Barca). This was what Barca needed for at least 3 years now i.e. a refresh of the team. Hopefully the new players will bring new energy to the team. It is left to be seen what Lucho can do with this unit.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Nope. 35-40mln is right price to pay.

We should buy Aurier when he was available. Sahin, Kagawa, Santana are weaker than before transfer. Only Goetze is worth something in Bayern. I'm mistrustful to transfers from Bundesliga, especially BVB.

Santana moved to Schalke, besides he was old. Sahin moved to Madrid and his injury issues ruined everything, and he's now returned to BVB. Kagawa is the only one I'd agree with you on.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes. The guy who is not even a RB is worth much more than an actual RB who was/is one of the best in the world in his position.

:satorra:

XaviMessiGirl

I don't think we should sign Cuadrado and make him into something that's not natural for him. We're finally getting away from CB conversion, I don't want to see us doing it to the RB position now too.

I know I keep saying this, but I really wish we'd look into Darmian before another club snatches him up. He can play anywhere in defense, is already a very good player and IMO hasn't reached his ceiling yet. I don't see him staying for more than one more season at Torino, if he doesn't go somewhere this transfer window. I'd be fine with Piszczek, but I'd prefer not to see BVB keep losing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans