Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

You don't, that's a good sign.

I would pick De Sciglio. His contract runs out in a couple of years. Could be a bargain if he doesn't renew and we go for him next summer(I am quite sure we won't have a transfer ban next summer).

Last edited:
M

Messi+Eto

He is overrated IMO. He relies heavily on his pace rather than it being an asset to his game. Plus his crossing is worse than Alves'.
Judging by the Cuadrado rumors, I'd say Walkers pace is the actual reason we want him. Seems Lucho wants a real speedster down that right.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You don't, that's a good sign.

I would pick De Sciglio. His contract runs out in a couple of years. Could be a bargain if he doesn't renew and we go for him next summer(I am quite sure we won't have a transfer ban next summer).

Most of our recent transfers from the Serie A have been busts though. :/

DonAK

Most of our recent transfers from the Serie A have been busts though. :/

Which player was the last one we got from Italy? Zambrotta?

These things doesn't matter that much IMO. They say all strikers who do well in Erdedivisie are overrated, Luis Suarez then? It doesn't work that way.

If he has an injury free season and a good one and we NEED a RB then I don't see why he shouldn't be an option atleast. Good, fast, young RB who can play equally well as a LB and doesn't have any particular big weaknesses. His crosses are quite good as well :alves:

Would be a great option for a defensive FB who can do well going forward as well. Would allow :alba: continue with his kamikaze runs. :alveshat:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Which player was the last one we got from Italy? Zambrotta?

I didn't mean Italians. I meant transfers FROM Serie A. So Ibrahimovic and Sanchez were the most recent transfers. De Sciglio doesn't seem to get a break from his injuries. Only a few days ago, his teammate, Gabriel injured him when he tried to punch the ball away :)facepalm:).

DonAK

I didn't mean Italians. I meant transfers FROM Serie A. So Ibrahimovic and Sanchez were the most recent transfers. De Sciglio doesn't seem to get a break from his injuries. Only a few days ago, his teammate, Gabriel injured him when he tried to punch the ball away :)facepalm:).

Oh yeah. To be fair then the reasons behind Ibra didn't do too well wasn't because he came from Serie A. Alexis had a vastly different role in Udinese than he had in Barcelona and wasn't really the kind of player we actually needed.

XaviMessiGirl

MD - pick Darmian! :lucho3:

Oh yeah. To be fair then the reasons behind Ibra didn't do too well wasn't because he came from Serie A. Alexis had a vastly different role in Udinese than he had in Barcelona and wasn't really the kind of player we actually needed.

Also, I think De Sciglio is young enough that he can probably learn a new system faster than someone who has been playing a certain way for years.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Judging by the Cuadrado rumors, I'd say Walkers pace is the actual reason we want him. Seems Lucho wants a real speedster down that right.

Given the amount of space the backs at Barca has to cover, that is a fair assumption.

Considering that we already have a speedster in the form of Alba on the left, I'd want a more defensive minded right back now that I think about it. I haven't seen that much of Darmian other than his performances at the WC, so I can't really judge him. I do know that he is used to playing as a right wingback, since Torino usually plays 3-5-2. He can't be too expensive, so I wouldn't mind him here. De Sciglio I've watched a lot and he seems really promising, though it is a shame about his injuries. At times he does seem nonchalant, but I think Lucho will knock that out of him. On the other hand, I do sympathise with Milan and I'd love to see him become another one of their legendary defenders. Juanfran could do a fine job as well.

At the moment, I'd go with Darmian, mainly because of the price, but also due to his obvious talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans