Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

I think he forgot a "?" because it seemed like a response to the news that Bayern was starting negotiations for Godin.

Anyway, apparently Douglas's contract expires next year so what the heck is up with the rumors that we'll pay 8M euros now to bring him next year when we could just get him for free anyway?

:VdB:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I think he forgot a "?" because it seemed like a response to the news that Bayern was starting negotiations for Godin.

Anyway, apparently Douglas's contract expires next year so what the heck is up with the rumors that we'll pay 8M euros now to bring him next year when we could just get him for free anyway?

:VdB:
There is too much competition , if we don't get him someone else will .:p

PhilS

8M euros for Douglas is chickenfeed for Barca. I just don't care if he is signed or not. No, paying 8M for this guy, regardless of whether he never plays a minute for the first team, is not at all comparable to some of the much more significant acquisition errors of prior years.

The club has to buy a RB this transfer window, with the transfer ban and the expiration of Alves' contract looming. I'd rather see them bring in someone just in case he could work out, rather than not bring in anyone. No, there is no reason to think the Montoya is the answer. He just has not yet shown the quality required to ever be more than a squad player for Barca. Even though he is a Masia product, which makes so many posters on this site lose all objectivity.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Well, I have my own story about it. We buy him for 8M, then he realises he has no future here, he goes to B team, still sits on the bench there. Leaves for some Korea club for 1M and still sits on the bench there. After that he returns to his loved club Sao Paulo and plays for their B team until the end of his career. :worthy:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
8M euros for Douglas is chickenfeed for Barca. I just don't care if he is signed or not. No, paying 8M for this guy, regardless of whether he never plays a minute for the first team, is not at all comparable to some of the much more significant acquisition errors of prior years.

The club has to buy a RB this transfer window, with the transfer ban and the expiration of Alves' contract looming. I'd rather see them bring in someone just in case he could work out, rather than not bring in anyone. No, there is no reason to think the Montoya is the answer. He just has not yet shown the quality required to ever be more than a squad player for Barca. Even though he is a Masia product, which makes so many posters on this site lose all objectivity.

It is a sad, sad day when 8M euros is considered chickenfeed. Why the hell should we pay 8M euros for a Brazilian reject? And for Montoya, he has shown that he can excel when played regularly (early half of 12/13 season under Tito). It's not his fault that he has since received very few games with quite a few of those at leftback (even though he's a natural rightback).

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Well, I have my own story about it. We buy him for 8M, then he realises he has no future here, he goes to B team, still sits on the bench there. Leaves for some Korea club for 1M and still sits on the bench there. After that he returns to his loved club Sao Paulo and plays for their B team until the end of his career. :worthy:

My Douglas story.

We buy him for 8M and send him to the B team. He gets immediately benched by Patric. And Patric himself gets benched by Godswill upon his return from injury. Douglas languishes in the stands and pulls a Kiko Femenia by transferring to RM Castilla, citing lack of playing time and destruction of confidence by Barca as his reasons. Douglas goes on to play very little for Castilla and Castilla get relegated. Douglas goes back to Sao Paulo where he plays for their B team for the rest of his career.

Tomchin

Sergi Domínguez ‏@FutbolSergi 3m
Rac1: São Paulo's 24-year-old right-back Douglas is Barcelona's last summer signing.

Meh, I want Cuadrado as a reinforcement for our RW.

L

linetty

RAC1 says Douglas is our last target this summer but it seems like we're close to offloading Song with a few clubs interested. With Song's departure I think it'd be possible to get Cuadrado without breaching the FFP rules?

Tomchin

RAC1 says Douglas is our last target this summer but it seems like we're close to offloading Song with a few clubs interested. With Song's departure I think it'd be possible to get Cuadrado without breaching the FFP rules?
Don't think you need to pay a lot of attention to our supposed "breaching of the FFP rules", that was a rumour that Sport invented.

Seems like Fiorentina are desperately holding on to their 50M-pricetag, and at that price, it's completely normal that Barca won't buy him. Don't like it though, because considering our transfer-ban in July 2015, we won't be able to buy Reus next summer at a decreased price-tag. I think we don't have enough depth up front right now.

caseballs89

Don't think you need to pay a lot of attention to our supposed "breaching of the FFP rules", that was a rumour that Sport invented.

Seems like Fiorentina are desperately holding on to their 50M-pricetag, and at that price, it's completely normal that Barca won't buy him. Don't like it though, because considering our transfer-ban in July 2015, we won't be able to buy Reus next summer at a decreased price-tag. I think we don't have enough depth up front right now.

We would never be buying Reus anyway, you can't buy a player like Reus and have him sit behind Messi, Suarez and Neymar.....its nonsensical. We have those 3 with Rafinha, Munir, Adama and hopefully Deulofeu coming through and as as backup for the next few seasons along with Pedro. If we don't win trophies it won't be because of a lack of attacking options and if it turns out than none of those can make the step up that is when we should look at signing players.

Tomchin

Mestre was asked about the FFP, but the micro just went silent, damn. Anyway, he said that it depends whether some players leave (Song?), and some players arrive.

They stressed again that Dani Alves will be staying, and that they're working on having "the best squad possible" (didn't comment on Douglas or Cuadrado)

Egert

Estonian Culé
To be honest I don't give a sh!t if we sign this Douglas dude. He will get benched anyway by Alves or by Montoya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans