Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
While I had a post in the 'Told you so thread' and want an appeal to be successful so I get a second entry to HOF instead of one to HOS :iniesta:, I do think an appeal will be unsuccessful. At most the players will be allowed to play.

What are they gonna say? 'We are Barcelona, a big club so we deserve better and should be treated differentially! PS: We treat the kids very well'.

Not gonna work.

I think CAS will let the kids play (after all they've done nothing wrong) and perhaps CAS will make it so that we're banned for the next two winter transfer windows.

JamDav1982

While I had a post in the 'Told you so thread' and want an appeal to be successful so I get a second entry to HOF instead of one to HOS :iniesta:, I do think an appeal will be unsuccessful. At most the players will be allowed to play.

What are they gonna say? 'We are Barcelona, a big club so we deserve better and should be treated differentially! PS: We treat the kids very well'.

Not gonna work.

It most probably wont work but do you not prefer that they have tried to fight it and preserve a large part of what La Masia has been about for years?

One years transfer ban wont matter that much if they get it right this summer and have a lot of options from B team and likes of Deuelofeu to come back.

The B team is bursting with players to get called up next summer if needed.

Bertus

I think CAS will let the kids play (after all they've done nothing wrong) and perhaps CAS will make it so that we're banned for the next two winter transfer windows.
Same as DonaK, I don't think CAS will change the transfer ban period.

They will allow the kids to play, allow to loaned players to come back, but that's all.

What you suggest, if i understood correctly, is to be banned from the next two winter windows, but to be allowed to buy next summer? If they do that, it will be seen as a clear case of favoritism. IMO, they will never do something like that. Either Barca is banned only for the next winter window, or winter 2014 + summer 2015.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It most probably wont work but do you not prefer that they have tried to fight it and preserve a large part of what La Masia has been about for years?

One years transfer ban wont matter that much if they get it right this summer and have a lot of options from B team and likes of Deuelofeu to come back.

The B team is bursting with players to get called up next summer if needed.

I don't get what you're saying. I never said that they shouldn't appeal and try to fight it. I merely stated that I believe that it won't work and the best we can get is the players being allowed to play official matches for us which is something we should definitely take happily.

Sandro Rosell and the rest of the board had a chance to take this serious and recitify it, but they blew the chance since they thought they were 'too big' to be punished and all that. They f it up.

I am not gonna go full retard over a one year transfer ban since as you've said, we have a B team with many players who will soon be ready to take it to the next level and make the step up to the senior team, but it's still a shame that FC Barcelona has been banned from making transfers since their executives failed to follow the rules and later tried to sweep it under the carpet since they thought they were big enough to escape with just a slap on the wrist.

JamDav1982

I don't get what you're saying. I never said that they shouldn't appeal and try to fight it. I merely stated that I believe that it won't work and the best we can get is the players being allowed to play official matches for us which is something we should definitely take happily.

Sandro Rosell and the rest of the board had a chance to take this serious and recitify it, but they blew the chance since they thought they were 'too big' to be punished and all that. They f it up.

I am not gonna go full retard over a one year transfer ban since as you've said, we have a B team with many players who will soon be ready to take it to the next level and make the step up to the senior team, but it's still a shame that FC Barcelona has been banned from making transfers since their executives failed to follow the rules and later tried to sweep it under the carpet since they thought they were big enough to escape with just a slap on the wrist.

How do you think they should have rectified it?

Laporta would have done exactly the same thing and did.

DonAK

How do you think they should have rectified it?

Laporta would have done exactly the same thing and did.

Didn't they get a letter from FIFA to explain things and fix things according to the rule? Bring the kids parents to the country I think it was.

I don't give a shit about what Laporta is, are, would do because he was not the President of FC Barcelona at that time. If he did it during his presidency as well then he was wrong and in this issue nothing less than those people.

But he was not the President of FC Barcelona in this case and what he would have done or not is just speculating.

JamDav1982

Didn't they get a letter from FIFA to explain things and fix things according to the rule? Bring the kids parents to the country I think it was.

I don't give a shit about what Laporta is, are, would do because he was not the President of FC Barcelona at that time. If he did it during his presidency as well then he was wrong and in this issue nothing less than those people.

How would they have fixed things according to the rules? Presumably that means getting rid of any of the players FIFA made the complaint about.

Laporta was president in 2009 when these charges go back to and rules to stop it were in place since 2001 I think. He also said that FIFA were being harsh and Barcelona would win the day when they explained how much good La Masia does.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Don't really care that much about the transfer ban TBH. Would be happy if the kids could play again since its really harsh on them.

DonAK

How would they have fixed things according to the rules? Presumably that means getting rid of any of the players FIFA made the complaint about.

Laporta was president in 2009 when these charges go back to and rules to stop it were in place since 2001 I think. He also said that FIFA were being harsh and Barcelona would win the day when they explained how much good La Masia does.

By bringing the parents to the country.

Well, if it happened during his regime then it's the same, isn't it? Although it was Sandro Rosell who got a chance to rectify it according to the rules.

I think this rule is harsh and wrong, but nothing will happen unless FIFA change it. If it is in place then they cannot do anything more than follow it. They got a warning from FIFA, but they ignored it and were hit with a one year(two windows) transfer ban and I doubt that will change once they appeal to CAS although I hope it does ofc. Would be great if they somehow manage to overturn it.

At this point, the only thing I think can happen and would take is the players being allowed to play since banning them from doing so is incredibly harsh.

JamDav1982

By bringing the parents to the country.

Well, if it happened during his regime then it's the same, isn't it? Although it was Sandro Rosell who got a chance to rectify it according to the rules.

I think this rule is harsh and wrong, but nothing will happen unless FIFA change it. If they are in place then they cannot do much than follow it. They got a warning from FIFA, but they ignored it and were hit with a one year(two windows) transfer ban and I doubt that will change once they appeal to CAS although I hope it does ofc. Would be great if they somehow manage to overturn it.

I thought that FIFA rejected the idea it could be rectified by taking their parents to the country and that was part of the charges made against Barca.

It was not that easy to get round.

Most likely the club would have had to get rid of the players that FIFA were investigating.

Tomchin

Aidar (president Sao Paulo): "Barcelona will buy Douglas and loan him to Sao Paulo for a year. In 2015 he'll then move to Spain." [lancenet]

Can this guy stop talking already? Enough bad news about Douglas already...

Egert

Estonian Culé
Never seen this kind of mess. President talking everything to the press and nothing official from Barca.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Aidar (president Sao Paulo): "Barcelona will buy Douglas and loan him to Sao Paulo for a year. In 2015 he'll then move to Spain." [lancenet]

:lol: lancenet copying what the "buy now, loan back for a year" story that Sport and MD did for Reus, Cuadrado, and Koke.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117 · 1h
Reus has been Barcelona's main interest for a while. It's fairly know he's agreed terms with the club since March/April

Saw this. Is he reliable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans