Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Sport has been pretty accurate this summer, to be honest.

No, they haven't. They insisted Barça was signing Agger, against md saying Vermaelen.
They picked up the douglas story 1st, but I'm still hoping this won't happen.

L

linetty

Gil Guerreiro: "We wanted to keep Douglas on loan for another year, but it's not possible anymore due to Fifa ban. Lawyers look into it."

Gil Guerreiro (vice president Sao Paulo): "Deal done, Douglas will be Barça player, but not signed yet as Fifa ban causes a problem." [rg]

note: transfer window has closed in brazil, so sao paulo could not sell douglas now and then sign him back on loan

Zincubus

Banned
I think we may need a creative midfielder for 15/16 season.
Sad to say that, but Don IS declining. And personally I don't trust Rafinha. He may become quality but I don't think he's Don's successor. Without a very creative midfielder like Don this team just doesn't have much future.
Another obvious position is RB. No need to mention that.

How about Samper or the young left footed wizard name starts with a H ..( Messi 2 ) - are they no use for next year ?

I reckon they are both super talented tbh ..

Icarium

Lifestealer
Aidar (president Sao Paulo): "We couldn't resign Douglas on loan, because transfer window has closed here, so that's not an option." [rac1]

So you are telling me that this Douglas guy is going to play for barca this season... OMG!!!

Zincubus

Banned
Though most-often likened to Busquets, Samper seems far more Xavi-like to me. Moves quickly to receive passes as a pivot, excellent touch, and has the vision- witness his assist to Sandro vs Leon. Thiago had that extra attacking flair of being a great dribbler as well, but Samper seems equally adept at moving the ball.

I've seen Samper compared with Pirlo ( isn't he called the Spanish Pirlo ) ...

F

Flavia

Aidar (president Sao Paulo): "Talks on Douglas are ongoing, but there's no deal yet. We could sell for 6M. For less, impossible." [rac1]

I hope Zubi doesn't pay up. Please, Zubi. Don't get him.

Seriously... why the fuck are we trying to get Douglas? No one rates him. Not his team's fans (they'd pay us to take him from them), not other fans of the Brazilian league, no one. Well, except Zubi and our "scouts".

I hope this is a smokescreen for Cuadrado (or that we want Douglas for the B team). And I don't really want Cuadrado either.

You'd think we'd have learned from the Henrique and Keirrison fiascos.

Last edited:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Seriously... why the fuck are we trying to get Douglas? No one rates him. Not his team's fans, not other fans of the Brazilian league, no one. Well, except Zubi and our "scouts".

I hope this is a smokescreen for Cuadrado (or that we want Douglas for the B team). And I don't really want Cuadrado either.

You'd think we'd have learned from the Henrique and Keirrison fiascos.

Even the B team doesn't make sense with Patric and Godswill.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If Sao Paulo right back Douglas (24) joins this summer, he will stay at Barcelona and not join another club on loan for one season. [rac1]

The intermediary who is negotiating on Douglas' transfer is travelling to Barcelona. Sao Paulo wants a final decision on Monday. [rac1]

Have to say though, to pull something like this can only be achieved by barca board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans